+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS shows 'Security Screening' and waiting... - let's gather here!

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
Great. Can you share your timeline, Please?
Sure.

AOR: 27 Oct 2017
IP1 and MEP: 14 Nov 2017
SS start: 13 July 2018
Eligibility cleared: 13 July 2018
Visa Office: LVO
FSW - Outland
Remed Request: Today

Mai86

Star Member
Jun 19, 2018
hi all mu husband is stuck in SS for 6 months now and no update yet. We crossed 8 months mark now with no signs of pr in the horizon

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
.........FINALLY............
Received the request for an interview for PR confirmation and guess what on valentines day :D
Congrats. I remember you from the April 2018 thread. You always helped people. Please can you share your timeline from Aor including the day your SS started. Thanks

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Congrats. I remember you from the April 2018 thread. You always helped people. Please can you share your timeline from Aor including the day your SS started. Thanks
Here is my timeline
AoR - 6 Apr'18
Eligibility, Criminality, and Security for Spouse Passed - 25 May'18
SS for PA started on 26 May'18
SS completed Dec'18(IRCC did not mention when SS was completed).
Application was approved mid Jan'19.
Request for landing interview received - Today... (no formal PPR request)
Scheduled on 14 Feb
CEC - Inland

I ordered 3 times GCMS(May-June-Nov(till now not received) notes and twice CBSA notes and CSIS letter(July and Nov).
The CSIS letter mentioned(even in Nov):

CSIS PPU 005 Security Assessments/Advice - Your Security Screening case is still in progress. The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1)(a) and 22(1)(b) of the Act until your case is completed

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_nobody

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Here is my timeline
AoR - 6 Apr'18
Eligibility, Criminality, and Security for Spouse Passed - 25 May'18
SS for PA started on 26 May'18
SS completed Dec'18(IRCC did not mention when SS was completed).
Application was approved mid Jan'19.
Request for landing interview received - Today... (no formal PPR request)
Scheduled on 14 Feb
CEC - Inland

I ordered 3 times GCMS(May-June-Nov(till now not received) notes and twice CBSA notes and CSIS letter(July and Nov).
The CSIS letter mentioned(even in Nov):

CSIS PPU 005 Security Assessments/Advice - Your Security Screening case is still in progress. The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1)(a) and 22(1)(b) of the Act until your case is completed
Wow @ the csis letter. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any idea why you ended up in SS? I ask because I emailed Ottawa that my 6 months will be March 1st. They replied advising my application will be longer than that and that Eligibility and Criminality is passed. Security is ongoing. Don't know if that translates to SS?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Wow @ the csis letter. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any idea why you ended up in SS? I ask because I emailed Ottawa that my 6 months will be March 1st. They replied advising my application will be longer than that and that Eligibility and Criminality is passed. Security is ongoing. Don't know if that translates to SS?
Extensive travel history especially within the Middle East is most likely the reason. I had 70 odd trips in total, 90% of them in the Middle East.
If your eligibility has already passed 2-3 months ago and you are waiting for PPR then it might indicate that you are in SS. You can only conclusively say, if you are in SS or not through the CBSA notes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_nobody

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Extensive travel history especially within the Middle East is most likely the reason. I had 70 odd trips in total, 90% of them in the Middle East.
If your eligibility has already passed 2-3 months ago and you are waiting for PPR then it might indicate that you are in SS. You can only conclusively say, if you are in SS or not through the CBSA notes.
Yea it was passed since November thanks again. One last question, (sorry) please how do I order CBSA notes outside of Canada?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Yea it was passed since November thanks again. One last question, (sorry) please how do I order CBSA notes outside of Canada?
You can order through 3rd party websites such as https://www.gcmsbuddy.com/pricing-tables, https://www.getgcms.com/order-now
They may ask you to sign a consent form(they will provide). The consent form should be something similar to this: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf745-eng.html

There is no need to order CSIS letter.

Have you ordered GCMS notes before ?

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
You can order through 3rd party websites such as https://www.gcmsbuddy.com/pricing-tables, https://www.getgcms.com/order-now
They may ask you to sign a consent form(they will provide). The consent form should be something similar to this: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf745-eng.html

There is no need to order CSIS letter.

Have you ordered GCMS notes before ?
Thanks a lot. Yes I'm awaiting GCMS notes by next week from Gcmsbuddy. Is there anything I should be looking out for in the notes to confirm SS?
If it's SS, then I'll order CBSA notes.