+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes say 'Request Required' under Police Certificate

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
Hi all,

I applied for GCMS notes for my spouse's outland Family Class application in August 2023.

In the notes, it had a section for Police Clearance Certificiate. It said 'Provided' for the country where he is staying but 'Request Required' for where he studied. We didn't submit the PCC for the place he studied at since he didn't spent 6 months at a time per visit on the basis of our reading of the requirements for PCC. To get that PCC travel will be required as it is not easy.

Could someone clarify if 'Request Required' is a future Additional Document Request, or if it won't necessarily lead to one? Should we proactively submit it? Another scenario could be that they don't ask for it at all so I'm not sure how to proceed. As it were, we were assigned to London VO so I am anticipating delays in our application anyway.

w8ing4visa

Star Member
Nov 15, 2023
Hi all,

I applied for GCMS notes for my spouse's outland Family Class application in August 2023.

In the notes, it had a section for Police Clearance Certificiate. It said 'Provided' for the country where he is staying but 'Request Required' for where he studied. We didn't submit the PCC for the place he studied at since he didn't spent 6 months at a time per visit on the basis of our reading of the requirements for PCC. To get that PCC travel will be required as it is not easy.

Could someone clarify if 'Request Required' is a future Additional Document Request, or if it won't necessarily lead to one? Should we proactively submit it? Another scenario could be that they don't ask for it at all so I'm not sure how to proceed. As it were, we were assigned to London VO so I am anticipating delays in our application anyway.
I would suggest you can initiate the process to get a PCC and if they ask you to submit then submit otherwise keep it

Reactions: agentorange_