+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS notes say approved but nothing from CIC?

Tanabannana87

Jun 2, 2017
i just received my GCMS notes. In the fields of eligibility, medical, and criminality it’s says PASSED. On final it says APPROVED. Why have I then heard nothing from CIC re: my PR application?

OriginalCraker

Jan 23, 2018
i just received my GCMS notes. In the fields of eligibility, medical, and criminality it’s says PASSED. On final it says APPROVED. Why have I then heard nothing from CIC re: my PR application?
My file was approved on June 6 and PPR was sent on 25 July. ..
It could take anywhere from few days to, a couple of months; depending on the VO and Agent.

OriginalCraker

Jan 23, 2018
How did you see an approval date? On the first page of my notes my application status is still open and in progress. Why?
I called CIC and the agent told me that. ..
I also believe that the file stays in processing, until your VISA is physically stamped on the passport/COPR Letter. Just chill and relax!
Call them if you can as well, just to confirm.

Tanabannana87

Jun 2, 2017
Thanks, I will call them Monday.
Did your approval update on your CIC Portal when you got it? I’ve read other threads where people missed the email. I have been checking my portal but no updates.

OriginalCraker

Jan 23, 2018
Thanks, I will call them Monday.
Did your approval update on your CIC Portal when you got it? I’ve read other threads where people missed the email. I have been checking my portal but no updates.
1st Email - From Ottawa - Ready for Visa
2nd Email - via CIC account, UPDATE(When login, found a similar letter that I got earlier in email)
I got both. ..

Tanabannana87

Jun 2, 2017
I've tried calling and the system will not transfer me to an agent due to "high call volume"...so no way of knowing when application was approved, if I have missed something, or anything else.

Ashare

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
What’s your AOR ? Also how long did it take for Gcms notes to be emailed to you ?