Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2015 Validity-10-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
Now for a proper complaint.
The first time I ordered the GCMS notes was Jan 21 I received them Feb 20 but yet it was processed Jan 22, It takes 30 days to send an electronic file to an email address! I think that is something that should be improved upon and take a maximum of two weeks to be sent out. A 2 week turn around would be more then sufficient, We can order things from CRA and have them sent to our houses by mail and normally be in our hands within a two week period. This 30 day turn around for the notes is most likely based on reducing work load as I am sure there would be people ordering every 2 weeks. However that work load is covered by a different department. That department exists for that sole reason for access to information. It would be nice during this lengthy process of sponsorship to have something that has a reasonable time frame when we order/request information.

I have ordered the notes again March 12 and most likely they processed either March 12 or March 13, but yet I have to wait all the way to about April 10 (12 is a weekend) for them to email me. That I think is an unacceptable time frame for an email. Having the notes say by next week could really help us out with some of our decisions that my wife and I need to make by seeing what stages of the application are now completed. Such decisions as Do I have the time to go and visit my wife now? or are we nearing completion? My wife is flying back home early next month, should she just stay there as it could be nearing the time of her COPR/VISA being approved or will she go back to Thailand and wait out the rest of the procedure.

It would help us and many more of you too if GCMS notes could be issued within reasonable time and not 30 days later.

Chris.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Christoph100 said:
Now for a proper complaint.
The first time I ordered the GCMS notes was Jan 21 I received them Feb 20 but yet it was processed Jan 22, It takes 30 days to send an electronic file to an email address! I think that is something that should be improved upon and take a maximum of two weeks to be sent out. A 2 week turn around would be more then sufficient, We can order things from CRA and have them sent to our houses by mail and normally be in our hands within a two week period. This 30 day turn around for the notes is most likely based on reducing work load as I am sure there would be people ordering every 2 weeks. However that work load is covered by a different department. That department exists for that sole reason for access to information. It would be nice during this lengthy process of sponsorship to have something that has a reasonable time frame when we order/request information.

I have ordered the notes again March 12 and most likely they processed either March 12 or March 13, but yet I have to wait all the way to about April 10 (12 is a weekend) for them to email me. That I think is an unacceptable time frame for an email. Having the notes say by next week could really help us out with some of our decisions that my wife and I need to make by seeing what stages of the application are now completed. Such decisions as Do I have the time to go and visit my wife now? or are we nearing completion? My wife is flying back home early next month, should she just stay there as it could be nearing the time of her COPR/VISA being approved or will she go back to Thailand and wait out the rest of the procedure.

It would help us and many more of you too if GCMS notes could be issued within reasonable time and not 30 days later.

Chris.
1. The privacy act gives the department 30 days to reply and they can request another 30 days if they wish.
2. The GCMS notes may have been printed by a clerk on the 22nd, but they still have to be reviewed by a privacy officer for 3rd party information.
3. Your requests aren't special so they are processed the same as everyone else.

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
PMM said:
Hi

1. The privacy act gives the department 30 days to reply and they can request another 30 days if they wish.
2. The GCMS notes may have been printed by a clerk on the 22nd, but they still have to be reviewed by a privacy officer for 3rd party information.
3. Your requests aren't special so they are processed the same as everyone else.
What I'm curious about is how an MP gets the notes so quickly? When I had the MP pull my notes in Sept, they had the notes 24 hrs later.

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
12-18-2014 (Evidence of return to Canada & RTRF)
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
PMM said:
Hi

The person isn't saying THEY should be treated specially, they are saying ALLL notes should be processed faster than 30 days. There is no way in hell that the notes take 30 days to be reviewed. And seems as it is EMAIL, it should be virtually instant.
I'm in the same boat, I need to know if I should pack up and move back to Canada and wait out our application or just wait until its approved. If it will be another 8 months then I will move back, if it will be 1 month to 2 months I'll wait it out until my hubby can move too. A lot of people have their enitre lives on hold until their applications get sorted out. It doesn't seem fair that the only way you can know what is happeneing with your application is if you live in Canada and can call CIC (which from what I've heard is a horrendous process in which you are on hold for hours if you can even get through) or through notes, which take at LEAST 30 days. I completely agree there should be another way. We should at least have a call center that can access our applications online and actually SEE what has happened recently. Or WE should be able to log online and see what exactly is going on with our application versus ECAS simply saying 'received' for the entire process. Why not make it so we can see if documents are missing or if our application has been misplaced online versus requesting notes? The process would be SO much faster this way!

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
AshleyAnne said:
The person isn't saying THEY should be treated specially, they are saying ALLL notes should be processed faster than 30 days. There is no way in hell that the notes take 30 days to be reviewed. And seems as it is EMAIL, it should be virtually instant.
I'm in the same boat, I need to know if I should pack up and move back to Canada and wait out our application or just wait until its approved. If it will be another 8 months then I will move back, if it will be 1 month to 2 months I'll wait it out until my hubby can move too. A lot of people have their enitre lives on hold until their applications get sorted out. It doesn't seem fair that the only way you can know what is happeneing with your application is if you live in Canada and can call CIC (which from what I've heard is a horrendous process in which you are on hold for hours if you can even get through) or through notes, which take at LEAST 30 days. I completely agree there should be another way. We should at least have a call center that can access our applications online and actually SEE what has happened recently. Or WE should be able to log online and see what exactly is going on with our application versus ECAS simply saying 'received' for the entire process. Why not make it so we can see if documents are missing or if our application has been misplaced online versus requesting notes? The process would be SO much faster this way!
You can call, I call all the time from the US. The "backdoor" number I use is 613-944-4000 listen and follow the prompts for immigration.

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
24-Feb-2014, SponsorshipApproved 01-Apr-2014
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Officially rec'd Beijing 24-May-2014
Med's Done....
29-Dec-2013 "Medical Results rec'd" 01-Apr-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
Based on my experience of the notes during the application process, and a final report after PR approval, I feel they're (the notes) basically a carrot on a $5 string.. - Even tho I have repeatedly recommended to others to order them to get an idea of what (if anything) is happening beyond the often stagnate bits on ECAS [has anyone ever responded to "Give us feedback on our online services" when you logout from ECAS?]

Our final requested notes were much more revealing of their thoughts and decisions than the 'in process' notes we received, in which they left out many telltale key indications as to the 'what and why' an interview should conducted - My guess is that they truly approach this area of the application process as tho the applicant is guilty until proven innocent - but do they really need to have their cards under the table? Ultimately an officer is looking to satisfy beyond reasonable doubt that the relationship is true and not a means to gain permanent residence - with that said, discovering this could be approached in a more open, honest, and economical manner.

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
I recently received a phone call from one of the ATIP agents at CIC, related to a different access to information request. At the end of our conversation I asked why it takes 30 days to get GCMS notes. She told me that there is a team dedicated to GCMS, and a team responsible for complex cases, which is responsible for everything else. She said the GCMS team is particularly backlogged and they struggle to get the requests out within 30 days. Now I'm not saying I sympathize with their plight, but lack of adequate resources is par for the course with CIC.

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
AshleyAnne said:
way!
Exactly what I was saying about the notes...Also calling the CIC call center for an application that is being processed abroad is fairly useless, the call center agent will normally say that they have no information.

Chris

Christoph100

Jun 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-09-2014 Rcvd 27-09-2014, 29-09-2014
AOR Received.
SA :04-09-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014 AOR2 09-23-2014
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
31-05-2015
PMM said:
That step should not really exist as its required for me to have the signed authorization form from my wife giving me permission to access it. Having that signed form should be bypassing such a review as all information is being requested on that file.

Chris

Thumsup

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th May 2014
Doc's Request.
18th Sept 2014
Med's Done....
3rd Oct 2014
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
wating
saria1 said:
You can call, I call all the time from the US. The "backdoor" number I use is 613-944-4000 listen and follow the prompts for immigration.
Hi Saria,

Would you know if this immig number you gave will work for information for NDVO office? My file is with NDVO and i am still waiting for PPR. No idea whats happenign with my file. If i call on this no will i get the info?

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
Thumsup said:
Hi Saria,

Would you know if this immig number you gave will work for information for NDVO office? My file is with NDVO and i am still waiting for PPR. No idea whats happenign with my file. If i call on this no will i get the info?
I'm not sure what information you can get. My VO is Ottawa.

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
ABCml said:
Based on my experience of the notes during the application process, and a final report after PR approval, I feel they're (the notes) basically a carrot on a $5 string.. - Even tho I have repeatedly recommended to others to order them to get an idea of what (if anything) is happening beyond the often stagnate bits on ECAS [has anyone ever responded to "Give us feedback on our online services" when you logout from ECAS?]

Our final requested notes were much more revealing of their thoughts and decisions than the 'in process' notes we received, in which they left out many telltale key indications as to the 'what and why' an interview should conducted - My guess is that they truly approach this area of the application process as tho the applicant is guilty until proven innocent - but do they really need to have their cards under the table? Ultimately an officer is looking to satisfy beyond reasonable doubt that the relationship is true and not a means to gain permanent residence - with that said, discovering this could be approached in a more open, honest, and economical manner.

I give them feed back all the time when i log out of ECAS they are probably fed up of my feedback :D. I agree with othesr if we had a bit of feed back we could decide if we need to visit our partners(hubby) or if i'm waiting for him to get in process. In limbo waiting .

AshleyAnne

Dec 8, 2011
Texas
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2014
Doc's Request.
12-18-2014 (Evidence of return to Canada & RTRF)
AOR Received.
28-08-2014
File Transfer...
28-08-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waoved
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR Received April 25th
LANDED..........
ETA May 14
saria1 said:
Wow! I've never heard of this number!! It is most certainly NOT posted publicly by CIC.
I'll be calling next week I think. Can I call and just ask what is happening with my application? We sent in Right to residence fee and extra info about my plan to return to Canada back in December and haven't heard anything since.

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
24-Feb-2014, SponsorshipApproved 01-Apr-2014
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Officially rec'd Beijing 24-May-2014
Med's Done....
29-Dec-2013 "Medical Results rec'd" 01-Apr-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
taffy7 said:
I give them feed back all the time when i log out of ECAS they are probably fed up of my feedback :D. I agree with othesr if we had a bit of feed back we could decide if we need to visit our partners(hubby) or if i'm waiting for him to get in process. In limbo waiting .
I'm sure it would be enlightening to know what comes from that feedback. The system really does need to always renew and change with technology and the 'times.' If not, it's not really serving those it's designed for.. With regard to keeping Sponsors and Applicants informed, a merging of GCMS and ECAS would take a lot of the sting out of waiting and second guessing, and speed up the system - more information at the right time can only help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Christoph100 said:
That step should not really exist as its required for me to have the signed authorization form from my wife giving me permission to access it. Having that signed form should be bypassing such a review as all information is being requested on that file.

Chris
1. No, it is information from other Gov't agencies, police departments, overseas Gov't, CSIS.