Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So that means the review required is not related to eligibility area then!!!??! but why are the points showing 419.. it says verified crs points 419 where as my points were 434. its the difference of 15 points i think they are having some issue with the canadian education diploma document.
Here is my old post on RR:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Reactions: arindam.d

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Here is my old post on RR:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.
Hi @legalfalcon, al though I very much appreciate you responding to this post and taking the time out to reply, the extract from my GCMS notes, if you are able to read the notes, the eligibility part seems fine, but INfact the review Required is seeking to be for the Canadian education credential. However that’s my speculation and I’m not sure which is why I posted it here on this forum for people’s opinions. My points were 434 at the ITA and cut off was 431. But then looks like the officer is not able to verify done document which is why they have said verified crs score 419. So I am wondering if that difference of 15 points is for the Canadian certificate because nothing else is worth 15 points exactly. That’s my concern. Not the JOB eligibility part

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, al though I very much appreciate you responding to this post and taking the time out to reply, the extract from my GCMS notes, if you are able to read the notes, the eligibility part seems fine, but INfact the review Required is seeking to be for the Canadian education credential. However that’s my speculation and I’m not sure which is why I posted it here on this forum for people’s opinions. My points were 434 at the ITA and cut off was 431. But then looks like the officer is not able to verify done document which is why they have said verified crs score 419. So I am wondering if that difference of 15 points is for the Canadian certificate because nothing else is worth 15 points exactly. That’s my concern. Not the JOB eligibility part

I do not see any concerns with your Canadian education, that is clear from the note. All the note means is that the analyst / assistant was able to verify, 419, and has listed the documents, now it is for the officer to review and make a final assessment.

See your profile and the score for each factor is there. You can compare it with the note and see what has not been taken into account.

Respina

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Received my GCMS notes. It says: Recommended pass- appears met ready to finalize. But I can see 2 notes:
1) Police certificate: Provided NRT R10 ok recommendation: Review required- stat questions
2) Applicants age reviewed and change from ITA to e-APR --- documents set for review--- client information.

What do they mean? :( (clarification: after ITA, my birthday is passed, only its day not month)--- age affects my CRS score. 1 point below the minimum for the round

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
I do not see any concerns with your Canadian education, that is clear from the note. All the note means is that the analyst / assistant was able to verify, 419, and has listed the documents, now it is for the officer to review and make a final assessment.

See your profile and the score for each factor is there. You can compare it with the note and see what has not been taken into account.
Thank you. Actually just saw this in my GCMS. I think it is the education certificate. In the notes of gcms though it says its fine but I have a feeling its not. clearly says here.. should I send a webform im thinking now

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Thank you. Actually just saw this in my GCMS. I think it is the education certificate. In the notes of gcms though it says its fine but I have a feeling its not. clearly says here.. should I send a webform im thinking now
Please check the photo in the link - I have posted the screenshot. or anyone who comes across this post please check and tell me.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
You can surely send a webform, but the officer will review the documents and make a final determination. So no need to worry.

Reactions: dgeorge

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
Hello I got GCMS notes it says Review required for CEC min requiremenmt.

unable to verify offcicial website as company closed Canadian Operations on 31st OCT which is true my employment dates mentioned as Feb 2021 - Nov 2022 so agent put remark as inconsitencies.

I have provided T4 and Pay stubs, also After GCMS I sent a letter from employer mentioning that After closing I was supporting closing business activities of the business untill November 2022 which is my last date. Hope this clears there confusion regarding what I was doing if company closes operations in Octobber 31st 2022. so production stopped but as a engineer we need to support all closing activities of business before we lock in the facility which I did and sent new explanation letter via web-form.

per GCMS everything else is accessed only 35 points for CEC waiting for review.

PallaviSharma

Aug 3, 2021
Hello I got GCMS notes it says Review required for CEC min requiremenmt.

unable to verify offcicial website as company closed Canadian Operations on 31st OCT which is true my employment dates mentioned as Feb 2021 - Nov 2022 so agent put remark as inconsitencies.

I have provided T4 and Pay stubs, also After GCMS I sent a letter from employer mentioning that After closing I was supporting closing business activities of the business untill November 2022 which is my last date. Hope this clears there confusion regarding what I was doing if company closes operations in Octobber 31st 2022. so production stopped but as a engineer we need to support all closing activities of business before we lock in the facility which I did and sent new explanation letter via web-form.

per GCMS everything else is accessed only 35 points for CEC waiting for review.
Did you get any response from IRCC?

temijoke25

Sep 28, 2023
When you get review required on POF due to fluctuation in rates and you submit additional documents to show proof of higher funds available in your account. How long does it take before a decision is made on your application

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
Hello I got the update - my Medicals vanished from passed so I called IRCC and agent told me, my security hass been passed, medicals, criminality Passed. file was touched yesterday still Eligibility is Review required. AOR May 2023

I wonder How come if they touched my file yesterday then passed Security but Eligibility is RR. usually after Eligibility Security starts right?

No ADR yet or any decision. worried about approval. please let me know what I can expect? Agnet said extensive work has been done on my application yesterday so hoping to get something soon. they are aware file has crossed processing time he said.

PallaviSharma

Aug 3, 2021
Hello I got the update - my Medicals vanished from passed so I called IRCC and agent told me, my security hass been passed, medicals, criminality Passed. file was touched yesterday still Eligibility is Review required. AOR May 2023

I wonder How come if they touched my file yesterday then passed Security but Eligibility is RR. usually after Eligibility Security starts right?

No ADR yet or any decision. worried about approval. please let me know what I can expect? Agnet said extensive work has been done on my application yesterday so hoping to get something soon. they are aware file has crossed processing time he said.
did you get any update?