+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS Notes answer

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
hello i approved for MAY 2020 intake before 18 march 2020 and i applied for my spouse SOWP application from India only in march itself without landing in Canada and in month of april i deferred my program from MAY to September 2020 intake.

My spouse SOWP got refused and when i apply for GCMS notes it states this but i don't know why they refused?

GCMS note answer:

"case reviewed. applicant is applying for an OWP as a spouse of a SP holder. Spouse recently entered Canada to begin studies. Applicant provided the original acceptance letter, however, little to no documentation to confirm he is currently an active FT student (no report in compliance portal either). As such, I am not adequately satisfied the applicant has demonstrated spouse is currently actively engaged in FT studies. Refused."

how to know what document or what thing is missing ? it has not been mentioned in the notes.

can anyone help me ?

ohbruh

Jul 25, 2020
hello thank you but i have submitted the LOA what else need to be submitted for the proof other than this ?

can you suggest? any idea?
You may consider to attach transcripts and proof of enrollment from the University/college.

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
You have not set foot in Canada and not started studying. The officer is suspicious that you are not even studying and they are correct because you have deferred. That's why you were rejected

Reactions: rayusuf

Manpreet_kaur1100

Dec 10, 2019
You have not set foot in Canada and not started studying. The officer is suspicious that you are not even studying and they are correct because you have deferred. That's why you were rejected
hi @tapperb this is my GCMS notes answer below

"case reviewed. applicant is applying for an OWP as a spouse of a SP holder. Spouse recently entered Canada to begin studies. Applicant provided the original acceptance letter, however, little to no documentation to confirm he is currently an active FT student (no report in compliance portal either). As such, I am not adequately satisfied the applicant has demonstrated spouse is currently actively engaged in FT studies. Refused."

and in this notes the officer has clearly stated that primary applicant is applying for OWP as a spouse of SP holder and spouse recently entered Canada to begin studies.

Therefore, this is true i never entered the Canada yet then how come officer wrote that spouse recently entered the Canada??

I am also confused for the same and this notes telling me that its not mandatory for student to be in Canada if wants to apply his spouse OWP.

what do you say ? or think ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The notes state that the officer does not believe that you are a full time student - the key is that you have to be "actively engaged in FT studies." As you have deferred, the visa officer has no proof you will actually ever become a student.

It's a simple refusal. Spousal OWPs for student permits are only issued about 50% of the time. You took a deferral, your spouse was rejected. Simple.