+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GCMS: Electronic vs. Physical Files

cancan269

Nov 14, 2012
Hi everyone,

I would like to request my GCMS notes from ATIP department to check my citizenship file which has been in process for quite some time. Does anyone on this forum know which is more informative: the GCMS electronic files or the physical files? Thanks.

cancan269

Nov 14, 2012
Thanks Mary Chad.
Should I make my request under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act? I am not sure what is the difference between the two. If someone could clarify the difference, that would be appreciated. Thanks.

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Privacy Act is to disclose information related to you, e.g. CBSA personal entry records, it's free.
Access to Information Act is to disclose general information, e.g. CIC internal manuals, you pay $5 for it.

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EasyRider is correct....i order one with $5 fees under access of information act.
I was able to find out why i got RQ and that i passed the test back in Jan 2012.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Chad , I got the GCMS ,but they didn't mention why I got an RQ , would you please shed some light of how can we know that?

Thank you

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
look4d said:
@ Chad , I got the GCMS ,but they didn't mention why I got an RQ , would you please shed some light of how can we know that?

Thank you
CIC can issue any applicant an RQ at any stage of the process up to Oath data. The RQ can be because of the applicant fitting various risk/ flag points in the CIC system or it could be for Quality Assurance reasons.

Without knowing your profile its difficult to say why an RQ has been issued. For example how many days of physical residence did you declare, are you self employed, do you travel extensively, where is this travel to etc.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got a pre-test RQ , so I am not sure, they didn't say in the GCMS

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
look4d said:
I got a pre-test RQ , so I am not sure, they didn't say in the GCMS
1. How many physical days of residence did you declare in your application?
2. Are you self employed?
3. Did you travel outside Canada in the 4 year period?
4. Where did you travel to?
5. Do you have residence in another country?
6. What is your citizenship?
7. What was your PR category?

Answers to these questions can give an idea of why RQ has been issued and as per my post above even if it doesn't you can get an RQ just for Quality Assurance reasons.