+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

GC key log in problems

tangjianhuei

Oct 17, 2016
Hi everyone.
CIC website keeps showing "internal server error 500 page unavailable" when I log in my GCkey and click continue.

shlomo

Oct 13, 2016
tangjianhuei said:
Hi everyone.
CIC website keeps showing "internal server error 500 page unavailable" when I log in my GCkey and click continue.
I have had this issue since thursday.. i have tried all browsers. still the same

realking

Oct 17, 2016
tangjianhuei said:
Hi everyone.
Same problem is with my account since friday

ndhillon

Jan 24, 2012
shlomo said:
So are we just gonna wait or what. i had an update and i can't check it
Wait for sure, but if you havent done it already, do submit the problem to CIC using the webform at the URL below.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

shlomo

Oct 13, 2016
I did that a couple of days ago. its a 10 day turn around time before they respond... gosh!!!

mekookie

Oct 16, 2016
shlomo said:
I have had this issue since thursday.. i have tried all browsers. still the same
Same here ,Can not log in since last thursday. Tried different internet connection, still not working.

shlomo

Oct 13, 2016
I have solved it. ;D

i created a new GCKey and linked it to my application. the only difference is change of login ID

vittga1

Jun 24, 2016
shlomo said:
I have solved it. ;D

i created a new GCKey and linked it to my application. the only difference is change of login ID
Did you had any message unread in your old account that you were able to read after you linked your application?
I'm afraid that I can't read my update messages if i do that :(

ayman74

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same thing here!

been trying to access MyCIC since last Friday 14/9/2016 with no luck. Right after logged in and when clicked on "Continue" it gives me "Internal Server Error 500".

I cleared my cached files, changed browsers, changed device, even changed internet connection and the same error still comes up every time!

Also submitted a CSE with Technical Difficulties. Still, nada!

The most annoying thing is, I received an email from CIC yesterday and can't even view the update on my application because of that 500 Error.

Any solutions apart from creating a new CGKey and linking it to your App?

mad_hatter

Jul 16, 2016
ayman74 said:
Same thing here!

been trying to access MyCIC since last Friday 14/9/2016 with no luck. Right after logged in and when clicked on "Continue" it gives me "Internal Server Error 500".

I cleared my cached files, changed browsers, changed device, even changed internet connection and the same error still comes up every time!

Also submitted a CSE with Technical Difficulties. Still, nada!

The most annoying thing is, I received an email from CIC yesterday and can't even view the update on my application because of that 500 Error.

Any solutions apart from creating a new CGKey and linking it to your App?
I was able to log into MyCIC not 30 seconds ago. So the CIC server is working. Is it possible that your computer is infected with malware causing the CIC server's firewall to block your access? Perhaps you can try to log in using a different computer.

ayman74

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mad_hatter said:
I was able to log into MyCIC not 30 seconds ago. So the CIC server is working. Is it possible that your computer is infected with malware causing the CIC server's firewall to block your access? Perhaps you can try to log in using a different computer.
The problem is happening to "some" users, not everybody. If you are able to login that's great, but as I typed this, I tried to login again and the same thing error comes up just like that for the last 6 days.

As I mentioned before, I tried 3 different devices; my personal computer at work, my Mackbook Pro at home, my phone and the same error comes up everytime.

The error literally says "Internal" Server Error so it's clearly at CIC's end.

mad_hatter

Jul 16, 2016
ayman74 said:
The problem is happening to "some" users, not everybody. If you are able to login that's great, but as I typed this, I tried to login again and the same thing error comes up just like that for the last 6 days.

As I mentioned before, I tried 3 different devices; my personal computer at work, my Mackbook Pro at home, my phone and the same error comes up everytime.

The error literally says "Internal" Server Error so it's clearly at CIC's end.
Malware has the ability to migrate to all the devices that you have frequent access. Try using a computer that you have never used before, may be use a friend's computer.

ayman74

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mad_hatter said:
Malware has the ability to migrate to all the devices that you have frequent access. Try using a computer that you have never used before, may be use a friend's computer.
Already did, used one of my friend's computer on a totally different network. Still, nada!