+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gave birth while PR Application in Process - what now?

ladyvea

Dec 28, 2011
Hello,

I have applied for my PR form within Canada (CEC), my application was submitted in January and I gave birth to my first child (in Canada) in February. What do I need to do now in terms of my PR application?

The only information I could find on the CIC website states something about if baby is a Canadian Citizen (which she is as she was born here) she doesn't need to be "added" to my application, I only need to submit a copy of her birth certificate. (It does say if she were not a CC she would need to have a lot more paperwork submitted and she would need to be "added" to the application.)

My questions are:
1. Does anyone have experience such a case and can they confirm that is the process and all I need to do?

2. How do I make sure that they know her birth certificate should be with my application as I don't have any kind of reference number for it?

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ladyvea said:
Hello,

I have applied for my PR form within Canada (CEC), my application was submitted in January and I gave birth to my first child (in Canada) in February. What do I need to do now in terms of my PR application?

The only information I could find on the CIC website states something about if baby is a Canadian Citizen (which she is as she was born here) she doesn't need to be "added" to my application, I only need to submit a copy of her birth certificate. (It does say if she were not a CC she would need to have a lot more paperwork submitted and she would need to be "added" to the application.)

My questions are:
1. Does anyone have experience such a case and can they confirm that is the process and all I need to do?

2. How do I make sure that they know her birth certificate should be with my application as I don't have any kind of reference number for it?

Thanks!
1. The child is a Canadian unless you had diplomatic status in Canada, so ergo, send the processing office a copy of the birth certificate. Wait till you get your file no.