+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

gap in study

smfaheem

May 26, 2012
Hi guys,

I completed MCS from Karachi University in december 2006 and worked in software industry from june 2007 to april 2011. Then i left the job and start preparing ielts and one year has passed now. I am worried about the gap that has occured. Also i have got 6.5 bands overall. Now i want to apply in concordia university in Masters in applied Software Engineering. I am worried about the gap that has occured. Also if i apply now at university, it will take (i think) 2 to 3 months to get admission. Also another 3 - 4 months to get visa. Hence it will make my gap of 2 years. Kindly give idea will this gap effect my case as i m not doing any job or studies now?

Also my profile is :

SSC : 59 % / C grade
HSC : 48 % / D grade
BCS (3 years) : 3.03 CGPA / 73% from Karachi University
MCS (1 year) : 70.4% / 3.4 CGPA from Karachi University
IELTS : 6.5 overall (Reading 6 , Writing 6, Listening 7, Speaking 7)

i have 22 lacs PKR in my father account.

What do say can i get admission to concordia in Masters in Applied software engineering?
What are chances to get visa with this profile??

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
smfaheem said:
Hi guys,

I completed MCS from Karachi University in december 2006 and worked in software industry from june 2007 to april 2011. Then i left the job and start preparing ielts and one year has passed now. I am worried about the gap that has occured. Also i have got 6.5 bands overall. Now i want to apply in concordia university in Masters in applied Software Engineering. I am worried about the gap that has occured. Also if i apply now at university, it will take (i think) 2 to 3 months to get admission. Also another 3 - 4 months to get visa. Hence it will make my gap of 2 years. Kindly give idea will this gap effect my case as i m not doing any job or studies now?

Also my profile is :

SSC : 59 % / C grade
HSC : 48 % / D grade
BCS (3 years) : 3.03 CGPA / 73% from Karachi University
MCS (1 year) : 70.4% / 3.4 CGPA from Karachi University
IELTS : 6.5 overall (Reading 6 , Writing 6, Listening 7, Speaking 7)

i have 22 lacs PKR in my father account.

What do say can i get admission to concordia in Masters in Applied software engineering?
What are chances to get visa with this profile??
1. Apply to the university ASAP and try to get admission for Winter 2013 so that you can join the university at earliest.

2. Your IELTS is okay and you may get admission, check the exact details on your intended university's website. It is perfectly okay from visa point of view.

3. You should not worry about the gap for your admission as it doesn't count there , mostly, however, it would affect you in your visa. Try to get a job, any job ASAP so that your gap doesn't increase anymore. If you can't find any job try to become a teacher or do something so that your gap doesn't grow.

4. You SSC and HSSC percentage is too low and is a concern for visa so try to write a strong SOP which help you in getting visa. You do not require SSC and HSSC transcript etc for admission. You will require your BCS, MCS and IELTS for admission.

I hope this clarify some of your confusion.

BR,
Inam

smfaheem

May 26, 2012
Inam89 said:
1. Apply to the university ASAP and try to get admission for Winter 2013 so that you can join the university at earliest.

2. Your IELTS is okay and you may get admission, check the exact details on your intended university's website. It is perfectly okay from visa point of view.

3. You should not worry about the gap for your admission as it doesn't count there , mostly, however, it would affect you in your visa. Try to get a job, any job ASAP so that your gap doesn't increase anymore. If you can't find any job try to become a teacher or do something so that your gap doesn't grow.

4. You SSC and HSSC percentage is too low and is a concern for visa so try to write a strong SOP which help you in getting visa. You do not require SSC and HSSC transcript etc for admission. You will require your BCS, MCS and IELTS for admission.

I hope this clarify some of your confusion.

BR,
Inam
Thanks brother Inam for your quick reply. Yes i will try my level best to get gob ASAP. Also can you or any brother guide me how can i apply in Concordia University. Do i just need to send them the original documents or photocopy? Also should i just fill the online application form and scanned copy of my documents or need to send documents by TCS??

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
smfaheem said:
Thanks brother Inam for your quick reply. Yes i will try my level best to get gob ASAP. Also can you or any brother guide me how can i apply in Concordia University. Do i just need to send them the original documents or photocopy? Also should i just fill the online application form and scanned copy of my documents or need to send documents by TCS??
Deadline for Winter is 15 June.
Exploring your department will be helpful: http://www.cs.concordia.ca/prospectivestudents/graduateprograms/
This might help your cause: http://www.concordia.ca/admissions/graduate/admission-requirements/