+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Gap after 12th

sahil.behl

May 12, 2014
I am studying B tech in computer science in India.I am currently in 2nd year and received PR so I want to drop out and join a university in Canada. Will they admit me after 2 years gap.

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
apply as a transfer student. either they will give you credit and admit you to second year of degree or they will ask you to start from first year again.

so, problem solved. don't try to hide your b.tech. applying as a transfer student is the best option.

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
sahil.behl said:
Because of my low grades i may not get admission as a transfer student, so what should i do.
two options:

1) apply to a not so good university, if they admit you to second year, try transfer again to another university by scoring good marks.

recommended 2) since you have got PR, enter canada on basis of your PR, then do diploma from college, ask college to give you admission in second year because you have done btech. first year course. if college agrees, then ok, if not then join first year of diploma, college will not worry about GAP of 2 years, after doing diploma do a bridge program of 6 months, then you can be given admission to 3rd of degree in reputed university, but you will need to study hard during diploma and bridge program.

S-Singh

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Toronto, CANADA
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 May,2014
VISA ISSUED...
14 May,2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 2014
sahil.behl said:
Thank you
Yes,you can get 2 year diploma course easily!!!

sahil.behl

May 12, 2014
meagan99 said:
two options:

1) apply to a not so good university, if they admit you to second year, try transfer again to another university by scoring good marks.

recommended 2) since you have got PR, enter canada on basis of your PR, then do diploma from college, ask college to give you admission in second year because you have done btech. first year course. if college agrees, then ok, if not then join first year of diploma, college will not worry about GAP of 2 years, after doing diploma do a bridge program of 6 months, then you can be given admission to 3rd of degree in reputed university, but you will need to study hard during diploma and bridge program.
Could you explain how the transfer takes place and what is bridge program

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
sahil.behl said:
Could you explain how the transfer takes place and what is bridge program
usually you search for the college that has the course in which you want to transfer (use google) then on that college's website, you find the procedure to transfer. and read about credit transfer (credit is just like the points which you earn after giving exams and completing tests).

bridge program is a program which diploma holders do to get admission in good university in 3rd year of degree after completing diploma. some people don't need to do bridge program, it depends on university in which you want to take admission. (you can do bridge program at any time after doing diploma, so don't worry about that, first try getting diploma and then shortlist university and after that you check that whether you need bridge program or not.)

bridge programs are run by colleges who have contract with universities. (these type of colleges first ask you to do 6 month bridge program from their college and then get admission in 3rd year of uni with which they have contract). i know of few bridge programs in engineering, but i dont know of any other bridge program. (don't think so much ahead first you take admission in diploma in the subject which you like)