+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Further proof needed - Funds to support your establishment in Canada on arrival

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hi there,

I have just received a letter from IRCC, where they are not sure that I have the sufficient funds to establish myself in Canada.

Long story short I need my bank to make a new document since they included my mothers account (to which I had a power of attorney at the time) which has an overdraft of 400.000 CAD. I have informed the bank and hope to receive it this week, however in the letter from IRCC they state:

Before I make a final decision, you may wish to submit any additional information relating to the proof of funds requirement and any additional information/documentation that would allay my concerns. You have 7 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information using your MyCIC account.
UNQUOTE

Since I am not sure that the bank will have the document ready by Friday, should I write the IRCC now and tell them that I am working on it and include a screenshot of my current account which shows that I have the neccessary funds?

Below is the draft of what I had in mind to write them either today or tomorrow if I do not hear back from my bank:

Upon reviewing my statement from Nordea, I have realized that the balance of my mother’s account
Hanne Munk (Acc. No 9710121041) for which I have power of attorney, is included in the overview.
With her balance at the time of negative-2.103.708,92 DKK (roughly 416.609 CAD) I understand why this
gave the wrong impression that our liquidity was insufficient for our relocation to Canada.
I have requested an updated document from my bank Nordea, upon which my personal accounts and
their balance will be clearly stated.

This document will clearly show that our liquid assets are in excess of the minimum 15 772 CAD needed.
I am working to ensure that this document is uploaded within the 7 day deadline provided to provide you a formal
proof, and apologize for the inaccuracy of the first document. As a preliminary measure please find
attached screenshot from my internet bank as of today 28th February 2020 which shows funds of almost
40.000 CAD.
Should the bank processing require more time than past the 7 day deadline, I hope for your understanding in granting me a few days extension so that I can provide an official signed document from my bank.
UNQUOTE

Any and all advice is very much appreciated!

Best regards

Jorgen

Tanglechuu

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Did you get a confirmation from the bank or proof that you made the request? I might include that as well. Good luck!

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Did you get a confirmation from the bank or proof that you made the request? I might include that as well. Good luck!
Nothing yet, wrote the bank manager today and will call them tomorrow and send my brother there in person if need by (I am abroad currently)

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hi all, luckily it didnt become an issue as my bank reacted promptly. Now its fingers crossed that the accept the new documents.