waived
Passport Req..
21st Oct,2011
VISA ISSUED...
submitted and collected same day - 25th Oct,2011
LANDED..........
22-05-2012
Hello,

We did our medical tests on June 10th and the reports were sent. Last week VO sent a letter saying they recd the reports and I need to take further tests and in a confidential envelope to my Doctor -asking him to make me repeat chest x-ray, if abnormal do a sputum culture for 6 to 8 weeks to trace MTB and repeat one more chest x-ray after 10 weeks - after this, I repeated a chest x-ray yest. and the written report says 3mm wide opacity - might be granuloma or end on vessel. Rest of the lungs clear.

Now that they have raised the suspicion, I am sure they will ask me to do sputum test etc... Now what would be the consequences if it is inactive TB or active TB?

I read that inactive is permitted under M2 category and kept under surveillance - Is it so?

What if it is active - do they give time for me to get treated and process my papers with updated medical records OR do they reject and make me start the whole process again? I am worried about starting from the scratch.

Do they just keep my papers on hold and wait for treatment completion and ask for PCC etc since they would expire by then and then proceed again for PR?

Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
Kayal

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
qorax said:
Relax, u r not alone... I've seen many go thru these procedures.

1. Important: U'll not be denied PRV with inactive or active TB.
2. U'll go thru the sputum cultures a couple of times in weeks.
3. A repeat Xray would be taken in 8 weeks.
4. By 12 weeks max u'd have your PRVs alongwith a "Medical Surveillance" letter.
5. U'd land & report to a designated clinic [in Canada] to complete the med.surv.

No problems anywhere.. just a bit of delay.
Qorax

kayal

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kualalumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th June, 2010
Doc's Request.
10th Dec, 2010
IELTS Request
took in May,2010
Med's Request
6th May,2011
Med's Done....
first test 10th June,2011 - re-tests 20th Sep, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21st Oct,2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
22-05-2012
Dear Qorax,

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Hopefully, things should go well - will update the status soon.

regards
kayal

Jul 10, 2010
hi friend,

Today i got same letter from London, and asked same as yours. I hope you already got the result, could you plz give the suggestion on it.

Thank you very much...

kayal

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kualalumpur
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th June, 2010
Doc's Request.
10th Dec, 2010
IELTS Request
took in May,2010
Med's Request
6th May,2011
Med's Done....
first test 10th June,2011 - re-tests 20th Sep, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21st Oct,2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
22-05-2012
hi,

I was asked to take the sputum culture - to be kept for 6 to 8 weeks to check for TB - I am expecting my culture results by Sep 1st week - I need to repeat one more x-ray after Sep 15th and send all the reports back to them.

So, now it is all about waiting.... ofcourse I will get to know the results in mid Sep - if it is negative, or active or inactive TB.

FarrukhToronto

Star Member
Apr 28, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Pak to London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2004
File Transfer...
20-08-2010
Med's Request
28-03-2011
kayal said:
hi,
I was asked to take the sputum culture - to be kept for 6 to 8 weeks to check for TB - I am expecting my culture results by Sep 1st week - I need to repeat one more x-ray after Sep 15th and send all the reports back to them.
So, now it is all about waiting.... ofcourse I will get to know the results in mid Sep - if it is negative, or active or inactive TB.
My Med Done in march 2011 I received a letter from chc India for a additional Lordotic Chest X Ray for my MRS. Its done in end of April 2011. last email from chc London that we r waiting for input for furthered test for ur spouse's. as we received we will send u PPR. Still I m waiting for passport Request.

Farrukh

Rahul Biraval

Nov 29, 2021
hi,

Any update regarding results? If negative, any other tests conducted because of last x-ray?