+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Further investigation Interview appointment is in 12 months!!!!

emanalabd

Jun 4, 2022
Hi all,
I entered on 20th july and a further investigation interview is set in August 2023 i.e i dont have a brown paper so no SIN no, driving license, work permit until then!! am kind of stuck
is there anyway /entity that can help expedite this appointment????

Reactions: MYO LIN / MR

Lucy2022

Jul 1, 2022
Hi all,
I entered on 20th july and a further investigation interview is set in August 2023 i.e i dont have a brown paper so no SIN no, driving license, work permit until then!! am kind of stuck
How did you get the date. Did you get the notice for interview in the online portal? Your passport is already seized and fingerprints taken?

emanalabd

Jun 4, 2022
How did you get the date. Did you get the notice for interview in the online portal? Your passport is already seized and fingerprints taken?
[/QUOTE
No i got the notice at the boarder ,, and yes they seized the passports..so I dont have any official papers but the certified copy of my passport (which doesn't work any where) and the claim acknowledgement paper

Lucy2022

Jul 1, 2022
If I can help with this, I recommend you to visit a refugee association and tell them about your issues. They can advice you better what you can do. I know you can ask for financial and food aid if you need. As you know this is a long process, patience and faith are essential. I consider your concerns because I, and many are in similar situations. I hope that when you link your case to the online portal everything will be faster.
I applied in Dec. 2021
My passports and fingerprints were taken in June 2022.
Waiting for the interview, I still not have a date.

Reactions: emanalabd

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,
Unfortunately due to the large numbers entering Canada and applying for asylum plus the crisis in Ukraine, Afghanistan, etc. there will be long delays infiling for asylum. When considering coming to Canada to c,aim asylum you should expect that it will likely take around 2 years to get a hearing and up to a year to get a work permit. The asylum process is a very long process for most that can extend many years if not initially accepted.