+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Furniture Cost ??

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Hi Friends ,

I am making budget.Could you please advise how much it cost to furnish a two bedroom apartment in GTA ?

i.e Double Bed with mattress = ?
Single Bed with mattress = ?
Sofa Set = ?
Dining table for four = ?

Thanks in advance & Cheers !!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Reactions: qureishi

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say, most expensive will be mattresses, unless you want used ones (which I would not really recommend). So better count around 200-300 per person.
And if you want spring box (which can be used, but again I would not recommend it).

Bed frame has also a medium demand, so there it depends what do you want exactly (you can be anywhere between 50 CAD for a used single bed frame to over 1000 CAD for a fancy new double / queen / king bed frame).
Sofas, chair and tables are easy to get. There is a huge variety to choose from - both new and used.
So it is really up to you and your styles and wishes.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think you may be underpricing things. Decent quality mattresses are usually more expensive than that unless you buy a foam single/twin mattress. Furniture can range in cost based on quality and comfort. Would invest in a decent couch and mattress for sure so it will last 10+ years and not a year or two. All depends on your circumstances and your budget. You can slowly purchase household items and build over time.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Querishi bhai, ye websites refer karlein

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/
https://www.thebrick.com
https://www.leons.ca/

Dont forget to add 13% HST(Harmonized Sales Tax) at the end of these prices
I would say, most expensive will be mattresses, unless you want used ones (which I would not really recommend). So better count around 200-300 per person.
And if you want spring box (which can be used, but again I would not recommend it).

Bed frame has also a medium demand, so there it depends what do you want exactly (you can be anywhere between 50 CAD for a used single bed frame to over 1000 CAD for a fancy new double / queen / king bed frame).
Sofas, chair and tables are easy to get. There is a huge variety to choose from - both new and used.
So it is really up to you and your styles and wishes.

So it is really up to you and your styles and wishes.[/QUOT

Thank you dear..

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Think you may be underpricing things. Decent quality mattresses are usually more expensive than that unless you buy a foam single/twin mattress. Furniture can range in cost based on quality and comfort. Would invest in a decent couch and mattress for sure so it will last 10+ years and not a year or two. All depends on your circumstances and your budget. You can slowly purchase household items and build over time.
Starter single mattress is 200-300 CAD. Of course it will not last very long (1-2 years), but it will give some time to find job and slowly put some savings together for something better.
I was trying to price for newcomers, that want to have something for the start, so that they can settle down.
For the mattress I would also not recommend the high end ones. Funny thing is that you still have to replace them every 3-4 years max (even if they advertise them to last 10-15 years), so somewhere middle range would be ok once you are settled down.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Starter single mattress is 200-300 CAD. Of course it will not last very long (1-2 years), but it will give some time to find job and slowly put some savings together for something better.
I was trying to price for newcomers, that want to have something for the start, so that they can settle down.
For the mattress I would also not recommend the high end ones. Funny thing is that you still have to replace them every 3-4 years max (even if they advertise them to last 10-15 years), so somewhere middle range would be ok once you are settled down.
Wow, our mattresses had been used for at least 8 years and still in good condition. Perhaps, it's time to change a different brand for your enjoyment?

Last edited:

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, our mattresses had been used for at least 8 years and still in good condition.
here is the problem of mattress.
One is the mechanical condition (if it is still firm enough, if it was damaged or permanently pressed on some spots).
And other part is the biological condition.
During the years of usage it will absorb littles and litres of sweat and also some dead body cells (skin cells). That also can mean a passive contamination (bacteria and viruses and some of them are rather persistent). And of course after some time it there will be the long term body smell that you cannot get out of it no matter how much you try.
The mattress cover will help a bit, but it will not prevent completely from happening. And unlike for the furniture itself where all surfaces are protected with some coating and where you can use rather aggressive chemicals to deal with this problem. And you cannot really put it into a washing machine (at best you can was the mattress cover.
So that is where the replacement comes in. And of course if you use it less (for example you travel a lot, so you sleep a home less), it will last a bit longer.

And of course if you are light weight person that does not sweat so much, it will last longer then if you are more heavy weight or if you just sweat a lot.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here is the problem of mattress.
One is the mechanical condition (if it is still firm enough, if it was damaged or permanently pressed on some spots).
And other part is the biological condition.
During the years of usage it will absorb littles and litres of sweat and also some dead body cells (skin cells). That also can mean a passive contamination (bacteria and viruses and some of them are rather persistent). And of course after some time it there will be the long term body smell that you cannot get out of it no matter how much you try.
The mattress cover will help a bit, but it will not prevent completely from happening. And unlike for the furniture itself where all surfaces are protected with some coating and where you can use rather aggressive chemicals to deal with this problem. And you cannot really put it into a washing machine (at best you can was the mattress cover.
So that is where the replacement comes in. And of course if you use it less (for example you travel a lot, so you sleep a home less), it will last a bit longer.

And of course if you are light weight person that does not sweat so much, it will last longer then if you are more heavy weight or if you just sweat a lot.
If biological condition is an issue, then you should change your sofa set, car seats or the whole vehicle and other furniture every three to four years max from brand new! You shouldn't take any public transportations. LOL!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If biological condition is an issue, then you should change your sofa set, car seats or the whole vehicle and other furniture every three to four years max from brand new! You shouldn't take any public transportations. LOL!
Indeed it is truth. Also you are most vulnerable in bed (some people do even sleep naked. Usually you are covered with a blanket and you sweat during the night. And yes the other activities are present as well).

You can deal easily with the plastic / wooden or metal parts (to clean them or to do the proper disinfection). The only problematic part are any kind of cussions where you cannot deal with the inside.

And funny enough Public transport is one of the best places where to catch all kind of flu.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
w
Indeed it is truth. Also you are most vulnerable in bed (some people do even sleep naked. Usually you are covered with a blanket and you sweat during the night. And yes the other activities are present as well).

You can deal easily with the plastic / wooden or metal parts (to clean them or to do the proper disinfection). The only problematic part are any kind of cussions where you cannot deal with the inside.

And funny enough Public transport is one of the best places where to catch all kind of flu.
well explained. In my opinion , its better to buy less costly mattress and change it every 2-3 years..