+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds

sweethoney

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
will that be okay if the secondary applicant get a letter from the bank and make a consent paper for a primary applicant that she is freely using those funds and i have no objections? or make and NOC as well? need your suggestions

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
will that be okay if the secondary applicant get a letter from the bank and make a consent paper for a primary applicant that she is freely using those funds and i have no objections? or make and NOC as well? need your suggestions
if he/she is coming with you you don't need any additional consent. just get the bank declaration that those funds are available and free of any liens and you're good to go.

sweethoney

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
yes offcourse i am dependent in this case. one thing more i read so many post that YOU MUST HAVE TO PROVE AND HAVE ACCESS TO THOSE FUNDS what actually we need to show our access is bank letter is sufficient?

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
yes offcourse i am dependent in this case. one thing more i read so many post that YOU MUST HAVE TO PROVE AND HAVE ACCESS TO THOSE FUNDS what actually we need to show our access is bank letter is sufficient?
"you must have access" means it is not blocked for any reason or by any institution. it means it is only your money (or your spouse's) and nobody else can withdraw it

Lorenc80

Aug 13, 2018
so we show just a bank letterhead? and can we travel with checkbooks of same account and ATM?
If I understood correctly, you want to use that money... sure you can. just bear in mind that CIC might ask for new Proof of Funds at any time and you should be able to get a new statement at the bank... and the funds sure be sufficient. If you can do that there is no problem.

Reactions: sweethoney

imgurpreet

Oct 17, 2018
Hi all,

I have got PR visa and I will be traveling to Canada in couple of months. Please suggest which of these is fine and more authentic to be carried as POF:

Travel Cheque
Travel Draft
Cash Cards

Some people are saying travel cheque are not accepted now and some are saying otherwise in case of cash card..

Please help!!

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
If you’re the dependent and funds are in your name, you need to provide consent that funds are available for use to the primary applicant without any objection from you.

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

I have got PR visa and I will be traveling to Canada in couple of months. Please suggest which of these is fine and more authentic to be carried as POF:

Travel Cheque
Travel Draft
Cash Cards

Some people are saying travel cheque are not accepted now and some are saying otherwise in case of cash card..

Please help!!
Cash cards are more usable if supported by Visa/MC/AMEX. I would prefer having some liquid cash enough to survive till I can open a bank account and get ATM there and then transfer the funds.

sweethoney

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Cash cards are more usable if supported by Visa/MC/AMEX. I would prefer having some liquid cash enough to survive till I can open a bank account and get ATM there and then transfer the funds.
So we can travel with ATM and Check books of same account? one thing more when we open a Bank account in Canada how could we transfer money from home country account?

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
So we can travel with ATM and Check books of same account? one thing more when we open a Bank account in Canada how could we transfer money from home country account?
You can, though no one accepts cheques anymore specially drawn on an overseas banks.

Most banks now have digital banking channels and you should be able to transfer funds electronically.

imgurpreet

Oct 17, 2018
Thanks, so Cash cards are eligible to be shown as Proof of funds while landing in Canada ?