+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds to carry for short landing

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Can someone please advise regarding the funds to carry for the short landing?
There are 2 of us, going for 10 days... how much would you suggest? (hotel, eating out atleast 7 to 8 meals, public tpt)

Is it enough to carry both our bank accounts in UAE? I really don't want to convert my money to CAD yet, due to exchange rate fluctuations etc... no idea when we will eventually move...might maximum carry CAD $5k cash for both of us, definitely not more...
What are the other methods that I can use to carry the money? I do not want to do a Demand Draft..

Should I open an account at Royal Bank of Canada Dubai branch before going and transfer the minimum amount to that?

Thanks

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
Hi,

Can someone please advise regarding the funds to carry for the short landing?
There are 2 of us, going for 10 days... how much would you suggest? (hotel, eating out atleast 7 to 8 meals, public tpt)

Is it enough to carry both our bank accounts in UAE? I really don't want to convert my money to CAD yet, due to exchange rate fluctuations etc... no idea when we will eventually move...might maximum carry CAD $5k cash for both of us, definitely not more...
What are the other methods that I can use to carry the money? I do not want to do a Demand Draft..
What you have is fine do not convert to $CAD until you arrive in CAD. If possible try and not spend as much as you can.

Should I open an account at Royal Bank of Canada Dubai branch before going and transfer the minimum amount to that?No, wait till you arrive in Canada to do that. Even if there are RBC branches operating in Dubai

No wait till you arrive in Canada, as you will not be able to transfer any salary from you potential future Canadian job as the bank account will have a Dubai Swift code and not a Canadian one. Source: Personal Experience as I travelled to Dubai for 5 days before coming to Canada for my Working Visa.

Thanks

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot,

that is really helpful, so just to confirm that bank statements WILL be accepted as POF at landing?

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
EFK said:
Thanks a lot,

that is really helpful, so just to confirm that bank statements WILL be accepted as POF at landing?
Yes they will be, make sure you keep the proof of funds you used for your PR application and take it with you. (Source: Asivad Anac)

Getting an up to date bank statement would be good as well to stay on the safe side.