New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Is it necessary to carry the said funds during our landing in Canada. I mean the funds which are to be shown as proof of funds. What happens if we do not carry the said amount, for eg for two adults it is said that we need to show 13500 CAD, is it necessary to carry 13500 CAD when we land in Canada.

Regards
Ashish Patel

Nari

Aug 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 June 2009
Doc's Request.
01 Sept 2009
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2009
Med's Request
03 March 2010
Med's Done....
31 March 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01 June, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
16 June, 2010
LANDED..........
10 October, 2010
Noooooooo, it is not a must, you can carry or not, you can leave these money on your account, just maybe will be better if you keep the document from the bank mentioning that you have these money on your account, just for in case if officer will like to check.
:)))))))))

dineshchabbara

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2009
Doc's Request.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
26-02-2009
Med's Request
18-01-2010
Med's Done....
01-02-2010
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
18-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
With the Grace of God on 03-03-2010
LANDED..........
In May, 2010
I think you should carry money in Cash/TC's/Draft. But, you should have at the POE. In case, if you don't have money, they can deny you entry.

Senior Plz reply

ashishpatel1981 said:
Is it necessary to carry the said funds during our landing in Canada. I mean the funds which are to be shown as proof of funds. What happens if we do not carry the said amount, for eg for two adults it is said that we need to show 13500 CAD, is it necessary to carry 13500 CAD when we land in Canada.

Regards
Ashish Patel

max_lee

May 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2008
AOR Received.
01-11-2008
IELTS Request
02-03-2009
Med's Request
29-05-2009
Med's Done....
10-06-2009
Passport Req..
02-22-1010
VISA ISSUED...
02-25-1010
LANDED..........
01-04-2010
dineshchabbara said:
I think you should carry money in Cash/TC's/Draft. But, you should have at the POE. In case, if you don't have money, they can deny you entry.

Senior Plz reply
Absolutely correct. pls ensure that you acrry thr required POF when you land in Canada as at POE they will surely ask you about the POF and if you do not have the required POF the IO has all rights to deny entry.

Max

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ashishpatel1981 said:

Regards
Ashish Patel
Proof of 'Landing' Funds:
No. of Pax ........... Funds Reqd-CAD
1 ....................... $11,086
2 ....................... $13,801 <Your case
3 ....................... $16,967
4 ....................... $20,599
5 ....................... $23,364
6 ....................... $26,350
7 or more ........... $29,337

Is it necessary to carry the P.O.F. while 'Landing' ?
100%. A part of the 'Record of Landing' "Interview" is to ensure 'sustainability' in Canada by the applicant. The IO must ensure that you carry enough funds [based on LICO] which will help you settle easily, w/out any burden on Canadian Social Services. Remember, except for 'refugees' under the Refugees Protection Act, Canada doesn't offer financial assistance for any other categories of applicants.

Irrespective of the no. of family members performing the 1st landing, the entire POF [as per the chart above] must be shown to the IO at the POE. Subsequent 'landings' by the 'accompanying dependents' do not need to show the POF.

That means, whether the PA alone or one or more of his family members are 'landing' for the 1st time, the above funds are required. It's another matter whether the IO at the POE doesn't ask for it [very often that happens]. But, w/out the POF our entry can be 'Denied'.

Bank Statement/s as POF:
This issue has been dealt in detail [recurs frequently] here. The fact remains that we will actually need those monies once we land. Under avg, & usual circumstances -the POF described by the CIC is a necessity to survive in Canada, w/out a job, for approx. 6 months. Thus, in all earnestness we 'must' carry the 'landing funds' in a 'liquid' format* -easily accessible anytime upon landing.

Now, not all Bank Statements would be acceptable for 'landing'. There are instances when a Bank Statement was negated and the applicant was denied entry. I learnt it from the various forums & listening to the experiences of some families in Canada. Most 3rd world bank's statements will not be acceptable. Some examples were given, but I refrain to put-it-up here.

However, the statement/s of banks from UK, US, Norway, ANZ etc. were accepted in quite a few cases [I know of one personally]. Also, statement/s of International Banks [having a presence in Canada] were acceptable, viz. HSBC, Stanchart, RBC etc. But again, one case stated that their Citibank Statement was not accepted.

Now, here's a dichotomy. Our landing is supposed to be one of the most beautiful experiences of our lifetime. We have given our entirety to this process, didn't we? Something we had been looking forward to -for quite sometime now. What if a particular IO refuses to accept our bank statement?

Well, we have learnt that many of the bank's statement they do accept, but what if? And then, would we be running around towards all the possible hierarchy in the CBSA at the POE for a solution -which might come by, for sure? But won't that mar the thrills of our 'long-awaited-anticipated' first-foot into the Canadian soil? Do we take that chance? Is it that important to carry the bank statement than expect to come-out of the airport, with the family & kids, in 30-45 minutes, smoothly?

*I recommend carrying them in 1)Some Cash, 2)TCs & 3)a Bank Draft [it takes about 30+ days to encash that]. -all the 3 formats [only], No Bank Statement/s.

Note: Also to reiterate that all Immigration Consultants will tell you to carry 'only' one or more of the 3 above. They wouldn't advice you to take a bank statement, why? -Check-it out with some of them.

I hope that helped...
Qorax

somesh

Apr 10, 2010
jalandhar,punjab state.india.
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC delhi.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 march 2010
Doc's Request.
8th june 2010.
AOR Received.
8th june 2010.
Med's Request
jan 23,2013
Med's Done....
jan 28;2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 7,2013
@dinesh chhabra

can u plz tell us why did u got d refusal at the first instance and how did u move forward for reopening of d case and approval afterwards by d grace of god?

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Dear Qorax,

My funds are in US bank and I am staying in India. Planning to travel some time end of May. I was thinking of getting a statement from the bank saying how much funds I have in my account. But looking at the messages posted by you and others, it looks like I might need to carry funds from here which I don't have.

Is there any options available ?

One more option I am thinking is, since ICICI has a branches in Canada, Can I open account from here itself ?

and then Transfer fund from US bank to ICICI bank account.

Is that option possible ?

please advice....

Thanks..

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
newceo said:
Dear Qorax,

My funds are in US bank and I am staying in India. Planning to travel some time end of May. I was thinking of getting a statement from the bank saying how much funds I have in my account. But looking at the messages posted by you and others, it looks like I might need to carry funds from here which I don't have.

Is there any options available ?

One more option I am thinking is, since ICICI has a branches in Canada, Can I open account from here itself ?

and then Transfer fund from US bank to ICICI bank account.

Is that option possible ?

please advice....

Thanks..
Yes, u can open a Canadian ICICI bank a/c from ICICI India. Ditto can be done thru Scotiabank, they have offices in India as well.

But, how that US funds be transferred to the same u need to ask them, I'm not clear of the issue.

Qorax

newceo

Star Member
Aug 7, 2008
Once I open an account, I will just issue a US check and deposit the funds.

Question is how do I show this as a POF to IO ?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Once u open the Canadian ICICI or Scotiabank a/c, u'll get a statement after depositing the monies. That statement is used for the 'landing funds'. Usually it take 3-4 weeks for the a/c to be functional. But, the a/c can 'only' be accessible after u 'land'.

aman_preetd

Jul 6, 2010
somesh,
do u got any answer of ur question from anywhere,as i m also a victim as i got refusal without any my fault