+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FUNDS TIMING AND ECA RELATED QUESTION

vaibkv

Sep 5, 2014
I have two questions -

1. When do I have to worry about gathering funds? Is proof of funds required at the time of filling EoI form?
2. I will apply for Expression of Interest this week. My wife wants to join as a dependent. We both have taken the IELTS exam and I have applied for my ECA. Does she also needs her ECA to be done? Nowhere did I read that dependent's ECA is needed but some people on this forum are saying that she needs to have her ECA done in order to increase my points. Is this true? Is there a place in the EoI form that demands ECA score of the dependent? She is a B.Tech in CS and not a post-graduate or Ph.D.
This is an important query for us.

Thanking in anticipation.

Regards.

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vaibkv said:
I have two questions -

1. When do I have to worry about gathering funds? Is proof of funds required at the time of filling EoI form?
2. I will apply for Expression of Interest this week. My wife wants to join as a dependent. We both have taken the IELTS exam and I have applied for my ECA. Does she also needs her ECA to be done? Nowhere did I read that dependent's ECA is needed but some people on this forum are saying that she needs to have her ECA done in order to increase my points. Is this true? Is there a place in the EoI form that demands ECA score of the dependent? She is a B.Tech in CS and not a post-graduate or Ph.D.
This is an important query for us.

Thanking in anticipation.

Regards.
It is not required at the time of profile creation.You should start arranging funds right away because cic will check 6 months old bank statement. You can show the funds by other means also like F.D ,mutual fund or property on your name,life insurance (ULIP plans) etc.

vaibkv

Sep 5, 2014
chevy said:
It is not required at the time of profile creation.You should start arranging funds right away because cic will check 6 months old bank statement. You can show the funds by other means also like F.D ,mutual fund or property on your name,life insurance (ULIP plans) etc.
+1

zosya

Dec 9, 2014
chevy said:
Are you sure that property could be used as proof of funds?

arcticbeans

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our visa office (UK) confirmed to me that property cannot be used as funds, the funds have to be actual cash in the account, although provided you can prove that it's your money and not borrowed it doesn't need to be in your account very far in advance. Perhaps that is just the UK rules though.
Then I hear about the six months bank statements and I became very worried as we've had to sell our house, but the money is unlikely to have been in our account for six months when we get our ITA, unless CIC really drag their heels with PNP people :(

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your points are sufficient, such that you don't "need" to add further points, that which your spouse can add to your application, then there's no need for your wife to struggle to do all that.

If however, you "need" to add more points to your immigration application, then one has to struggle to do all that.

supamh10

Star Member
May 23, 2013
chevy said:
Can I also show my PF amount as a fund, with my PF statement ???