+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds available for the trip

Fady88

Apr 20, 2018
Hi guys

Q1: I and my wife are applying together and my bank account is around $9k and my wife's is around $40k. Should i submit the total of our funds available for each application ? Or for me i should submit $9k and for her submit $40k.
Q2: are our chances low to obtain the TRV if we are just got refused to us visa one month ago ( travel history for me uk/turkey/dubai/greece and for her only greece)
Q3: in explain sector about have you been refused a visa, should I mention that i got rejected a us visa, mention the date when i applied and how many times i got rejected before or only just mention that i got refused us visa before.
Any advices are appreciated.
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Q1: I and my wife are applying together and my bank account is around $9k and my wife's is around $40k. Should i submit the total of our funds available for each application ? Or for me i should submit $9k and for her submit $40k.
You must state the funds available to each applicant.

You would also want to include a detailed day-by-day plan for your visit with expense estimates for 2 persons..... and state that some expenses will be common/shared..... and state the combined as well as individual funds available for this plan.

Q2: are our chances low to obtain the TRV if we are just got refused to us visa one month ago ( travel history for me uk/turkey/dubai/greece and for her only greece)
It's not possible to advise without knowing the refusal grounds for your previous application + list of documents you had submitted + your personal/professional situation + your purpose and length of your intended visit.

Q3: in explain sector about have you been refused a visa, should I mention that i got rejected a us visa, mention the date when i applied and how many times i got rejected before or only just mention that i got refused us visa before.
Any advices are appreciated.
Thanks
You must mention all visa refusals to any country (For example, you were refused X times to the US before you were issued a US B1/B2 visa + you were refused a Canada TRV, etc)

Reactions: Fady88

Fady88

Apr 20, 2018
Thanks a lot for your reply.
You must mention all visa refusals to any country (For example, you were refused X times to the US before you were issued a US B1/B2 visa + you were refused a Canada TRV, etc)
Should I mention that I were refused 5 times to US( 2008/2009/2011×2 / 2018) and did not issue a US B1/B2 before and my wife got refused 3 times to US before(2015/2016/2018).
I guess that this is too bad to be mentioned
We did not apply for Canada TRV before.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We did not apply for Canada TRV before.
My bad. Sorry about that.

Should I mention that I were refused 5 times to US( 2008/2009/2011×2 / 2018) and did not issue a US B1/B2 before and my wife got refused 3 times to US before(2015/2016/2018).
I guess that this is too bad to be mentioned
Have you been issued US visas subsequently?
Why were you refused?

Fady88

Apr 20, 2018
Have you been issued US visas subsequently?
No, last time we applied together (April 2018)and got refused.
Why were you refused?
They don't tell you in the interview but i guess lack of ties. Because i didn't submit copies of properties we own nor any kind of investment in our home country, I only submitted my bank statement. I didn't know that would help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No, last time we applied together (April 2018)and got refused.
That's very recent. Hopefully, you did not apply for the US visas in quick succession.

They don't tell you in the interview but i guess lack of ties. Because i didn't submit copies of properties we own nor any kind of investment in our home country, I only submitted my bank statement. I didn't know that would help.
Did you get a pink/white/blue/yellow colored slip? Typical refusals would be 214(g) or 221(g) (which is not a refusal per se)

Fady88

Apr 20, 2018
That's very recent. Hopefully, you did not apply for the US visas in quick succession.
I won't apply soon till i travel hopefully Canada and another European country.
Did you get a pink/white/blue/yellow colored slip? Typical refusals would be 214(g) or 221(g) (which is not a refusal per se)
We got a typical refusal 214(b) (blue form)

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I won't apply soon till i travel hopefully Canada and another European country.
Canada and the US share immigration data. As you have been refused five times (your wife, thrice), I would recommend you do NOT apply for a Canada TRV until several months later. It would seem like because you are unable to visit the US, you are now attempting to visit Canada.

I would also recommend you travel to other countries first: UK, EU, Australia, or NZ for short visits before you apply for a TRV

We got a typical refusal 214(b) (blue form)
That's because you did not prove you have strong ties to your home country and/or your financial situation and/or the purpose of your US visit matched the visa category you had applied for