+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds Available for my Stay CAD - Visit Visa for Parents - Oct 2023

Shahidmustafa197

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hello, I am applying my mother's visit visa and there is a question Funds available for my stay (CAD). Is it mandatory to show funds in my mother account or I can show my personal account funds too as I am PR in Canada. My mother have $2000 in account so if I can show my funds does that help ? Can I mention my and her funds in this section?

maxmtl

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Hello, I am applying my mother's visit visa and there is a question Funds available for my stay (CAD). Is it mandatory to show funds in my mother account or I can show my personal account funds too as I am PR in Canada. My mother have $2000 in account so if I can show my funds does that help ? Can I mention my and her funds in this section?
Hello. In the question, you can put an amount of all funds you have available. Since you are the one who invites your mom, you can attach your pay slips for the last month, letter from employer stating how much you earn etc, bank statements for the last 2-3 months any proof of stable income would be relevant and don't forget to mention in invitation letter that you will fully support your mom during her stay in Canada.