+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fund Letter confusion urgent help needed

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
I have 2 days left to submit my eAPR. I had secured the letter from bank that has - i) current blance, ii) date of opening iii) avergae balance over last 6 months. But now I see that they have asked "balance over past 6 months" , what does it mean? is the average balance of last 6 months is same thing? ir is this something else? plz advise urgently. Thanks.

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

• list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
It's the average daily balance over the past six months. Sounds like your letter has that - you should be fine.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
I have 2 days left to submit my eAPR. I had secured the letter from bank that has - i) current blance, ii) date of opening iii) avergae balance over last 6 months. But now I see that they have asked "balance over past 6 months" , what does it mean? is the average balance of last 6 months is same thing? ir is this something else? plz advise urgently. Thanks.

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

• list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
Not every bank will provide letters with the exact, word-for-word CIC requirement. If something is missing, try to supplement it through other back-up means (like past 6 month bank statements) if you want to feel secure.