+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time student , part time job at the same time

enigmatic99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Hi,

I have a question regarding work experience while studying. I heard from someone that only "research assistant/ teaching assistant (NOC 4012)" work experience while studying can be counted towards FSW. None other part-time jobs during full-time study can be claimed for CRS points. I completed my University education in my home country and I used to work part-time in a local company at the same time.

So can someone kindly explain to me, if I can claim for the part-time job during the full-time study?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi,

I have a question regarding work experience while studying. I heard from someone that only "research assistant/ teaching assistant (NOC 4012)" work experience while studying can be counted towards FSW. None other part-time jobs during full-time study can be claimed for CRS points. I completed my University education in my home country and I used to work part-time in a local company at the same time.

So can someone kindly explain to me, if I can claim for the part-time job during the full-time study?
Yes 100% sure you can claim full time study and part time work for the same period of time if it is outside Canada. I have completed my undergraduate and postgraduate study in UK and was also working 20 hours per week at NOC B job. I have shown 40 months of work and GCMS notes show it is calculated equivalent to 27 months full time work. My eligibility is recommend passed.

enigmatic99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
Yes 100% sure you can claim full time study and part time work for the same period of time if it is outside Canada. I have completed my undergraduate and postgraduate study in UK and was also working 20 hours per week at NOC B job. I have shown 40 months of work and GCMS notes show it is calculated equivalent to 27 months full time work. My eligibility is recommend passed.
So it is not mandatory to work only on University while doing your full-time study?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
So it is not mandatory to work only on University while doing your full-time study?
Does it matter? Rule says you cannot claim work experience points when you are a full time student inside Canada which means for rest of the world you are good to go with full time study and work together. It does not matter whether it is inside university or ourside university as long as you meet the other requirements.
Now to your question, in UK no such rules that student need to work in Campus. My whole study period I worked outside campus.