+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time job?

cimi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2007
Hi folks,
I think this forum is more valuable than hiring a counsultant.It's so helpfull,and everyone can share they thoughts,and knowledge.
For this moment I have two questions to discuss on this forum.
1.How is calculated the part-time job to a full time.(I have more than 3 years part-time on job list,by 30 hours/week).Can I claim for full-time job,and can I count it for at least 1 year full time job?
2.In fact I've worked 50 hours /week ,but I was paid cash for the 20 hours.Can I mentioned that?

Anyone with more knowledge and experince can help me on this issue.

Jimmy

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
30 hours a week for 3 years = 4680 hours so you will get at least 2 years full time experience for that (2 * 1950 = 3900 hours). Can you prove your overtime hours that you were paid for in cash? Do they appear on your payslips or anywhere?

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
cimi said:
Hi folks,
I think this forum is more valuable than hiring a counsultant.It's so helpfull,and everyone can share they thoughts,and knowledge.
1.How is calculated the part-time job to a full time.(I have more than 3 years part-time on job list,by 30 hours/week).Can I claim for full-time job,and can I count it for at least 1 year full time job?
2.In fact I've worked 50 hours /week ,but I was paid cash for the 20 hours.Can I mentioned that?

Jimmy
Hi Leon,
What in the case were you are employed as a full time teacher and on your contract you are only allocated the face to face teaching hours, but you have other duties like office hours, correcting of assignments and other miscellaneous duties from the institution. Also on your contract form it is allocated a condition for these miscellaneous duties.

The institution knows they have hired you like their full time teacher and they will pay you all the benefits offered to full time teachers.
They pay you monthly for all the duties performed, it is not hourly paid.

For example you if teach 10 hours the whole week, but you spend time in the office to prepare your lessons say about 10 hours, about 10 hours for correcting of scripts and 12 hours for sitting in the office to answer questions from students.

1) Will they count it as a full time job or as a part time job?

Waiting for suggestions from members.

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you get a letter stating that you worked a full time job as a teacher not mentioning how many hours? That might work. I would worry that if you get a letter stating anything less than 37.5 hours a week, it will be treated as a part time job and you would not get 100% credit for your experience.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Leon,
Thanks for your response. All has been sent to the visa office , but i sent also a cover letter explaining that all about these hours and how we work full time, because the number of hours stated in the contract is face to face teaching, but you have a lot to do after those hours. Like sitting in the office , correcting scripts. I hope all will work out.

I have done all i can, i am just praying for God to do the rest for me.

Thanks very much.

Canadforall.

cimi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2007
Hi Leon,
ThankYou for Your answer,
The problem is, I can't prove that I've worked (full time)40 hours.
I have those documents as a prove for my job :1.Leter of confirmation from employer,2.W-2 Yearly Tax Incomes 3.Statement from Social security(for my yearly income).
I don't have paychecks,slips.to show how much I made weekly.In fact I was paid 30 hours/week by check,and the rest I was paid on cash.

What is your suggestion?To get the confirmation letter for full time ,or 30/hours/week(part-time) for thre years it's acceptable for Immigration Oficer.

Your answer is realy apreciated
Jimmy.

cimi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2007
Hi Leon,
I have those documents as a prove for my job :1.Leter of confirmation from employer,2.W-2 Yearly Tax Incomes 3.Statement from Social security(for my yearly income).
I don't have paychecks,slips.to show how much I made weekly.In fact I was paid 30 hours/week by check,and the rest I was paid on cash.

What is your suggestion?To get the confirmation letter for full time ,or 30/hours/week(part-time) for thre years it's acceptable for Immigration Oficer.

Jimmy

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
cimi said:
Hi folks,

Jimmy
Did u gain part time work exp before completing your degree?

cimi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2007
Ratings: +0/-0

Re: Full time job?
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 03:46:46 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Hi Leon,
I have those documents as a prove for my job :1.Letter of confirmation from employer,2.W-2 Yearly Tax Incomes 3.Statement from Social security(for my yearly income).

What is your suggestion?To get the confirmation letter for full time ,or 30/hours/week(part-time) for thre years it's acceptable for Immigration Officer.

Jimmy