October 6, 2011
Med's Done....
October 27, 2011
Passport Req..
January 18, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 14, 2012
gimbey said:
You are welcome jangong. :) Sayang, there 2 batches of CIIP orientation scheduled last Feb 7and 8. My husband and I attended the second day. Cge lng, if you target to move by June or July then they could have probably scheduled another orientation in Cebu by next quarter. We are departing second week of April. When did you submit your passports? It took us 2 weeks only to get our passports back. I hope you will get your passports soon too.

After attending the CIIP orientation, for sure you will get a bigger picture of the labor market in Canada in general. By then, you can weigh things out depending on your priorities. We decided to change our destination after further research relative to our professions and future aspirations. Good luck to us! :)

gimbey, i just want to ask... sa ecas status mo na decision made, anong details nakalagay? Did they tell you the office will contact you concerning about this decision? paranoid na yata ako. I hope we have the same details.

gimbey

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Cebu City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 20, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
IELTS Request
with other documents submitted
Med's Request
waiting
Karen Chu said:
gimbey, i just want to ask... sa ecas status mo na decision made, anong details nakalagay? Did they tell you the office will contact you concerning about this decision? paranoid na yata ako. I hope we have the same details.
Hi Karen, yes same details lang. I really don't check my ecas since August last year coz it created many frustrations to me and my husband considering the long waiting period we've had. Most of the time, hindi pa updated. We just stayed focus with our current jobs and prayed more. I checked my ecas again when we received our MR na... Stay positive lang. I saw we have the same date of PPR so maybe na delayed lng ng konti.

Keep yourself pretty pa rin kahit sobrang worried na... :) May God bless your heart's desires.

gimbey

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Cebu City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 20, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
waiting
jangong said:
talk about wrong timing! I applied online February 6 and got their response Feb 7 telling me that the next session is scheduled March or April. hehehe Anyway, I hope I can make it to the next available sked.

ikaw, what made you decide to make Edmonton your new home?
Hehe... sayang but thats ok. Yup you are right, you still have enough time to prepare before your estimated departure. It was a mutual decision between me and my husband since both our professions offer many job opportunities in Edmonton compared to Calgary. We are aspiring that we might be able to practice our professions in Canada, if given a chance. Aside from that are the cost of living and a few friends who are now living there. Anyway, if we think that other cities will give more favorable future for us, we will try to consider it. This will just be our stepping stone, everything else will follow when we get there. Good luck to your decision.

jangong

Oct 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gimbey said:
Hehe... sayang but thats ok. Yup you are right, you still have enough time to prepare before your estimated departure. It was a mutual decision between me and my husband since both our professions offer many job opportunities in Edmonton compared to Calgary. We are aspiring that we might be able to practice our professions in Canada, if given a chance. Aside from that are the cost of living and a few friends who are now living there. Anyway, if we think that other cities will give more favorable future for us, we will try to consider it. This will just be our stepping stone, everything else will follow when we get there. Good luck to your decision.
ahh okay. which websites were you looking at in your research? I am actually browsing kijiji, eluta and workopolis. like you said, there are more jobs in Edmonton than in Calgary in our profession as well (I'm an accountant and my husband is ECE - how about yours?). But then I do not have much friends there except for 1 who lives in Leduc. We have more friends in Calgary but not as much opportunities, hence, I'm torn between the 2!

Anyway, pray ko na lang our decision and am sure HE will guide us... Good luck and thanks again!

Karen Chu

Jun 17, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2010
AOR Received.
July 15, 2010
File Transfer...
October 27, 2010
Med's Request
October 6, 2011
Med's Done....
October 27, 2011
Passport Req..
January 18, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 14, 2012
gimbey said:
Hi Karen, yes same details lang. I really don't check my ecas since August last year coz it created many frustrations to me and my husband considering the long waiting period we've had. Most of the time, hindi pa updated. We just stayed focus with our current jobs and prayed more. I checked my ecas again when we received our MR na... Stay positive lang. I saw we have the same date of PPR so maybe na delayed lng ng konti.

Keep yourself pretty pa rin kahit sobrang worried na... :) May God bless your heart's desires.
that was a relief! :) thanks for the advise. keep us updated =)

gimbey

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Cebu City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 20, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
waiting
jangong said:
ahh okay. which websites were you looking at in your research? I am actually browsing kijiji, eluta and workopolis. like you said, there are more jobs in Edmonton than in Calgary in our profession as well (I'm an accountant and my husband is ECE - how about yours?). But then I do not have much friends there except for 1 who lives in Leduc. We have more friends in Calgary but not as much opportunities, hence, I'm torn between the 2!

Anyway, pray ko na lang our decision and am sure HE will guide us... Good luck and thanks again!
I will give you the websites though these will be given to you during the CIIP orientation. The three websites you listed above are among the websites given to us including the ff; texerta, hotjobs, jobbus, jobshark, indeed, skillsinternational, workingincanadatool, statcan. I am a College Instructor while my husband is a Sales Manager and had previous experiences as Auditor and Financial Analyst. You will be instructed by CIIP to have your credentials assessed both education and work experiences even prior to your departure. Let me give you the link so you can prepare for it in advance... http://employment.alberta.ca/Immigration/12454.html Just go thru the site and you will get instructions from them.

I hope this helps. btw, we have the same case. We also do not have any relatives and many friends in Edmonton. We got acquainted with a batchmate in CIIP who is also heading towards Edmonton. We just tried to ask him if his sister can look for a place to live there and he was more than willing to help us. We are so glad. Just in case we will not be accommodated by our friend, we will ask the Immigrant serving organization in Edmonton to look for a place to live there. A list of Immigrant serving organization for settlement purposes will also be given to you by CIIP. So dont lose hope lang, we have gone this far, for sure we will be able to weather all the challenges that we are about to face pa.

You are welcome. Will get back to you in the evening should you require more information. I am glad to be of help in anyway I can. God bless you too! :)

gimbey

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Cebu City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 20, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
waiting
Karen Chu said:
that was a relief! :) thanks for the advise. keep us updated =)
Happy to know you are! :) I will definitely keep you updated.

jangong

Oct 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gimbey said:
I will give you the websites though these will be given to you during the CIIP orientation. The three websites you listed above are among the websites given to us including the ff; texerta, hotjobs, jobbus, jobshark, indeed, skillsinternational, workingincanadatool, statcan. I am a College Instructor while my husband is a Sales Manager and had previous experiences as Auditor and Financial Analyst. You will be instructed by CIIP to have your credentials assessed both education and work experiences even prior to your departure. Let me give you the link so you can prepare for it in advance... http://employment.alberta.ca/Immigration/12454.html Just go thru the site and you will get instructions from them.

I hope this helps. btw, we have the same case. We also do not have any relatives and many friends in Edmonton. We got acquainted with a batchmate in CIIP who is also heading towards Edmonton. We just tried to ask him if his sister can look for a place to live there and he was more than willing to help us. We are so glad. Just in case we will not be accommodated by our friend, we will ask the Immigrant serving organization in Edmonton to look for a place to live there. A list of Immigrant serving organization for settlement purposes will also be given to you by CIIP. So dont lose hope lang, we have gone this far, for sure we will be able to weather all the challenges that we are about to face pa.

You are welcome. Will get back to you in the evening should you require more information. I am glad to be of help in anyway I can. God bless you too! :)
thank you very much gimbey! you have been very helpful. in the other thread - bisdak, I am also in check with maharlika and marco.

i will get in touch with you. thanks again for all the help!

gimbey

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Cebu City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2010
Doc's Request.
August 20, 2010
AOR Received.
November 26, 2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
waiting
jangong said:
thank you very much gimbey! you have been very helpful. in the other thread - bisdak, I am also in check with maharlika and marco.

i will get in touch with you. thanks again for all the help!
You are welcome jangong! will look for this thread... cguro mga bisaya ang naa didto ;)

smilepmendoza

Jun 27, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-March-2010
Doc's Request.
June 11, 2010
AOR Received.
September 23, 2010
File Transfer...
September 16, 2010
Med's Request
August 26, 2011
Med's Done....
October 10, 2011
Passport Req..
April 4, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In God's time, hopefully SOON!
LANDED..........
In God's time
Ang saya saya naman dito! Preparation na ang topic at pagalis. Sorry, wala pa kasi kami PPR kaya medyo sad pa kami :(. Hay!!! Sana maglabas pa ng PPR and MRs din! Hopeful pa rin siyempre!

Medik

Star Member
Nov 27, 2011
Kami din wala pang PPR... sometimes it gets frustrating lalo na at madaming decision sa buhay ang on hold... still praying for what's best pero. Sana dumating narin ang time naming naghihintay pa... let's just try to keep on smiling...until then :) ;D :)

anata

Jul 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-10
Doc's Request.
29-09-10
AOR Received.
14-01-11
Med's Request
07-03-12
Med's Done....
20-04/29-05/03-07-12
Passport Req..
17-09-12
smilepmendoza said:
Ang saya saya naman dito! Preparation na ang topic at pagalis. Sorry, wala pa kasi kami PPR kaya medyo sad pa kami :(. Hay!!! Sana maglabas pa ng PPR and MRs din! Hopeful pa rin siyempre!
oo nga! sana mag paulan na rin sila ng MR at PPR pa...

smilepmendoza

Jun 27, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-March-2010
Doc's Request.
June 11, 2010
AOR Received.
September 23, 2010
File Transfer...
September 16, 2010
Med's Request
August 26, 2011
Med's Done....
October 10, 2011
Passport Req..
April 4, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In God's time
Yoohoo! PPR, where are you? Nakakatense naman tong PPR. Iniwan pa kaming mga Sept-Oct, 2011 nagpamedical. Hahaha.

I just posted this para lang di maiwan tong thread. Hehehe. Lord, Lord, please po!

gabrielsjimenez

Jul 19, 2011
smilepmendoza said:
Yoohoo! PPR, where are you? Nakakatense naman tong PPR. Iniwan pa kaming mga Sept-Oct, 2011 nagpamedical. Hahaha.

I just posted this para lang di maiwan tong thread. Hehehe. Lord, Lord, please po!
dnt worry for sure mag popost pa din ako dito,kasi remedical kami for sure..

smilepmendoza

Jun 27, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-March-2010
Doc's Request.
June 11, 2010
AOR Received.
September 23, 2010
File Transfer...
September 16, 2010
Med's Request
August 26, 2011
Med's Done....
October 10, 2011
Passport Req..
April 4, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
In God's time
gabrielsjimenez said:
dnt worry for sure mag popost pa din ako dito,kasi remedical kami for sure..
Ah really, paano niyo po nalamn na there was afinding sa medical? It has been 5 mos already from our first medical eh. I mean from the first person na nagpamedical because di po kami sabay sabay. We have emailed naman po 2x na, una to ask whether they have received our rprf and second, if they received our medical. Both po walang reply. When I checked the bank, they have endorsed na naman po yung mc namin nung Nov pa. Di ko na nga po alam whats wrong sa filing namin eh. Naiwanan na po kami. Some who had their medicals after us, nakakuha na po ng PPR. I just hope they tell us whats wrong or at least answer our email. Its really hard to be in the dark and you cant do something about it :( Dasal dasal na lang po siguro kami. :)

Of course, di naman po tayo pababayaan ni Lord, right?!?:)