June 23, 2013 &amp; April 7, 2014
Med's Done....
August 2, 2013 &amp; March 10, 2014
Passport Req..
Good luck Kavya. Sans_May2010

kavya said:
Dear Friends,
I have sent my first application for research study admission today. Lets hope to get admission very soon. I dont think I will hang on my career to wait here endlessly, and keep checking my ecas or keep calling to my home to find out wather or not they received any post.

Thanks for all of your support

Best Luck to all of you

Kavya

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
I'l keep updating over here, as u all are good supporter to me so,,

Best wishes to u too
Kavya

sunnysport

Aug 10, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2010
Doc's Request.
09-11-2010 DOCs submitted
AOR Received.
28-09-2010 &amp; 2nd AOR on the 20/12/2010
File Transfer...
In Process : May 31, 2012.
Med's Request
31 May 2013
Med's Done....
Submitted Med and PP on 02 July 2013
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS 02 Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 Oct 2013
kavya said:
I'l keep updating over here, as u all are good supporter to me so,,

Best wishes to u too
Kavya
BEST OF LUCK and GOD BLESS U

Sans_May2010

Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
Nomination.....
Docs received at Visa Office on Oct 18, 2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Kavya

What to you think if you are asked for a medical and passport submission while you are in Canada doing your PHD? The time taken for visa stamping is not predictable and you may either need to take a risk by coming home and wait to receive passport after you send it to the visa office or cancel the existing application and apply a fresh one from canada. This is one of the question in my mind prior to apply for a student visa? I guess you may have a clear idea of what to do in such a case.

Sans_May2010

Sans_May2010

Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
I thing the guys in this group forget about the application or busy finding alternatives

?

Sans_May2010

shergill

Mar 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30april,2010
Doc's Request.
25aug,2010, full dcos. sent in december,2010
IELTS Request
already sent with application
Med's Request
15th feb.,2013
Med's Done....
2nd april
Passport Req..
with MR
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
always remember 3 things in lyf

1. don't panic
2. have a plan.
3. patience

these days are difficult for all of us....but remember the 1st thing i wrote...and implement 2nd and remember the 3rd thing to get fruitful result.

destinationBC

Champion Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
thats history
Doc's Request.
thats history
AOR Received.
thats history
File Transfer...
thats history
Med's Request
thats history
Med's Done....
thats history
Passport Req..
thats history
VISA ISSUED...
got it
LANDED..........
Long Long ago
GILL SAHAB

PERFECT WAY TO TACKLE TIMES

DBS

shergill said:

1. don't panic
2. have a plan.
3. patience

these days are difficult for all of us....but remember the 1st thing i wrote...and implement 2nd and remember the 3rd thing to get fruitful result.

OmSai73

Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
God's Decession
Passport Req..
1-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Yes on Dec-15-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for March 2015
All, Greetings!!!

Any new updates??? Please share. Keep Positive sprit going :)

Sans_May2010

Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Good to know your tatix. Sans_May2010

shergill said:

1. don't panic
2. have a plan.
3. patience

Sans_May2010

Jun 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sept 30, 2010
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Prime Minister Stephen Harper will unveil his cabinet Wednesday, giving new jobs to at least six members of his majority government caucus, and naming John Baird to another key role.

CBC News has learned Baird will take over responsibility for the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, which was left without a minister with the defeat of Lawrence Cannon on May 2.

Baird was most recently government House leader and has held important portfolios in the past, including Transport and Infrastructure.

Speculation about who is in, who is out — if anyone — and who else might be moved around, began soon after the Conservatives won the May 2 election and will come to an end Wednesday at 11:15 a.m., when the cabinet is sworn in at Rideau Hall, the Governor General's residence.

Governments like to keep cabinet appointments tightly kept secrets until just minutes before the ceremony is scheduled to begin. All eyes will be on who gets out of the cars once they arrive at the front doors of Rideau Hall. The entire cabinet is expected to attend Wednesday's ceremony.

Live coverage Wednesday
CBC will have live coverage of the cabinet swearing-in ceremony Wednesday morning at CBCnews.ca and with Power & Politics host Evan Solomon starting at 10:30 a.m. ET on CBC News Network.
With six spots to fill, including three on the government's front bench, this will be one of the most major cabinet shuffles in years. The last time Harper made changes, this past January, he made only minor tweaks.

The vacancies need to be filled because of ministers who retired or lost in the May 2 election.

The gaps that need to be filled include the heavyweight portfolios of Foreign Affairs, president of the Treasury Board, and Transport and Infrastructure, and the smaller ones of intergovernmental affairs, veterans affairs and sport.

Harper has to take geographic representation into account when deciding who gets to sit at the cabinet table, and this is where he faces particular challenges.

The retirement of Chuck Strahl and Stockwell Day leaves two spots open from British Columbia, which could mean a promotion for James Moore, the current heritage minister, and the inclusion of more MPs from that province.

Few Quebec MPs
Harper has also lost three cabinet members from Quebec with the defeat of Cannon, Jean-Pierre Blackburn and Josée Verner on election night. He now only has five MPs to choose from in Quebec and two of them are already in cabinet — Denis Lebel and Christian Paradis. Harper may decide to bring Maxime Bernier back into the inner circle to help boost Quebec's representation. The former foreign affairs minister resigned in 2008 after leaving confidential documents at his girlfriend's residence.

While pickings are slim in Quebec, there is no shortage of cabinet candidates from Alberta and Ontario. The Tories hold all but one of Alberta's 28 seats and the MPs already in cabinet from that province — Jason Kenney, Rona Ambrose, Ted Menzies, Rob Merrifield, and Diane Ablonczy — probably aren't going anywhere.

The Conservatives may bulk up Ontario's contingent in cabinet now that they finally broke through the Liberal fortress in Toronto and have a number of capable rookie MPs joining the caucus from the city and its suburbs. Chris Alexander and Kellie Leitch are both new MPs with cabinet speculation surrounding them.

Industry Minister Tony Clement, Finance Minister Jim Flaherty and Baird, all from Ontario, have been steady and trusted ministers in Harper's cabinet.

In addition to geographic representation, Harper also has to be attuned to how many women he includes in his cabinet. The old one had 10 which includes Senator Marjory LeBreton who is leader of the government in the Senate. Eight out of the other nine were re-elected.

Sans_May2010

CDB

Star Member
Oct 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
21-06-2010
One more week gone....NO PROGRESS.... NO UPDATES...... NO MEDICALS...... :(

SandySurrey

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2010
AOR Received.
22 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
Inprocess from 14May 2012
Med's Request
13-june-2013,
Med's Done....
21-June-2013, e cas line added on 04 July 2013
Passport Req..
Documents deposited 15 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/09/2013, DM on 15/09/2013
Jason Kenney was appointed Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism on October 30, 2008. He was reappointed to the portfolio on May 18, 2011 and given the added responsibility of Chair of the Cabinet Committee on Operations. The committee provides day-to-day coordination of the government’s agenda, including issues management, legislation and house planning, and communications.

Jason Kenney was first elected to the House of Commons in 1997 and has been re-elected five times.

He was appointed Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister in 2006, and Secretary of State (Multiculturalism and Canadian Identity) in 2007.

Mr. Kenney was born in Ontario and raised in Saskatchewan, where he graduated from Notre Dame College. He did undergraduate studies in philosophy at the St. Ignatius Institute of the University of San Francisco.

Mr. Kenney is a former Chair of the House of Commons Subcommittee on International Human Rights. He served in a variety of positions in Opposition, including Finance Critic and Deputy House Leader.

Prior to seeking election, Mr. Kenney served as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation.

SandySurrey

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2010
AOR Received.
22 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
Inprocess from 14May 2012
Med's Request
13-june-2013,
Med's Done....
21-June-2013, e cas line added on 04 July 2013
Passport Req..
Documents deposited 15 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/09/2013, DM on 15/09/2013
Jason Kenney was appointed Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism on October 30, 2008. He was reappointed to the portfolio on May 18, 2011 and given the added responsibility of Chair of the Cabinet Committee on Operations. The committee provides day-to-day coordination of the government’s agenda, including issues management, legislation and house planning, and communications.

Jason Kenney was first elected to the House of Commons in 1997 and has been re-elected five times.

He was appointed Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister in 2006, and Secretary of State (Multiculturalism and Canadian Identity) in 2007.

Mr. Kenney was born in Ontario and raised in Saskatchewan, where he graduated from Notre Dame College. He did undergraduate studies in philosophy at the St. Ignatius Institute of the University of San Francisco.

Mr. Kenney is a former Chair of the House of Commons Subcommittee on International Human Rights. He served in a variety of positions in Opposition, including Finance Critic and Deputy House Leader.

Prior to seeking election, Mr. Kenney served as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Taxpayers Federation.

Sans_May2010 said:
Prime Minister Stephen Harper will unveil his cabinet Wednesday, giving new jobs to at least six members of his majority government caucus, and naming John Baird to another key role.

CBC News has learned Baird will take over responsibility for the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, which was left without a minister with the defeat of Lawrence Cannon on May 2.

Baird was most recently government House leader and has held important portfolios in the past, including Transport and Infrastructure.

Speculation about who is in, who is out — if anyone — and who else might be moved around, began soon after the Conservatives won the May 2 election and will come to an end Wednesday at 11:15 a.m., when the cabinet is sworn in at Rideau Hall, the Governor General's residence.

Governments like to keep cabinet appointments tightly kept secrets until just minutes before the ceremony is scheduled to begin. All eyes will be on who gets out of the cars once they arrive at the front doors of Rideau Hall. The entire cabinet is expected to attend Wednesday's ceremony.

Live coverage Wednesday
CBC will have live coverage of the cabinet swearing-in ceremony Wednesday morning at CBCnews.ca and with Power & Politics host Evan Solomon starting at 10:30 a.m. ET on CBC News Network.
With six spots to fill, including three on the government's front bench, this will be one of the most major cabinet shuffles in years. The last time Harper made changes, this past January, he made only minor tweaks.

The vacancies need to be filled because of ministers who retired or lost in the May 2 election.

The gaps that need to be filled include the heavyweight portfolios of Foreign Affairs, president of the Treasury Board, and Transport and Infrastructure, and the smaller ones of intergovernmental affairs, veterans affairs and sport.

Harper has to take geographic representation into account when deciding who gets to sit at the cabinet table, and this is where he faces particular challenges.

The retirement of Chuck Strahl and Stockwell Day leaves two spots open from British Columbia, which could mean a promotion for James Moore, the current heritage minister, and the inclusion of more MPs from that province.

Few Quebec MPs
Harper has also lost three cabinet members from Quebec with the defeat of Cannon, Jean-Pierre Blackburn and Josée Verner on election night. He now only has five MPs to choose from in Quebec and two of them are already in cabinet — Denis Lebel and Christian Paradis. Harper may decide to bring Maxime Bernier back into the inner circle to help boost Quebec's representation. The former foreign affairs minister resigned in 2008 after leaving confidential documents at his girlfriend's residence.

While pickings are slim in Quebec, there is no shortage of cabinet candidates from Alberta and Ontario. The Tories hold all but one of Alberta's 28 seats and the MPs already in cabinet from that province — Jason Kenney, Rona Ambrose, Ted Menzies, Rob Merrifield, and Diane Ablonczy — probably aren't going anywhere.

The Conservatives may bulk up Ontario's contingent in cabinet now that they finally broke through the Liberal fortress in Toronto and have a number of capable rookie MPs joining the caucus from the city and its suburbs. Chris Alexander and Kellie Leitch are both new MPs with cabinet speculation surrounding them.

Industry Minister Tony Clement, Finance Minister Jim Flaherty and Baird, all from Ontario, have been steady and trusted ministers in Harper's cabinet.

In addition to geographic representation, Harper also has to be attuned to how many women he includes in his cabinet. The old one had 10 which includes Senator Marjory LeBreton who is leader of the government in the Senate. Eight out of the other nine were re-elected.

Sans_May2010

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
Its true Sam,
I am currently busy working on student visa. You are definately right. It took me around a month or two to decide wather or not to get student permit. At the end of the day,, I never had such a loosing attitude where I was been hanged on with PR file. I always believed that where I stand,, The que should start from there.

Ok lets come to the point and also I would love to discuss what I have been doing in these days:

a) I have sent three applications to different universities: one of them is at Qubec too.
b) just go through all information available online for study permit and do a good research on international student forum here.
c) I am preety sure to get good amount of fundings from university and other eternal sourses as canada is very good in fundings. So, I dont need to worry for paying fees neither thinking of getting job straight after moving there. I mean even if i was meant to get PR this was the only thing i wanted to do. But now if I dont need to pay fees. Y wait for such a hopeless stuff. Which no one knows
d) I am hoping to get atleast three years of permit and my hubby will get open work permit so its much easy for he to get his own field job at canada which I researched as well.
e) after study we get open permit based on our study period that means from 1 year to may be two to three years. So by the time I will have good time to re apply as well. If this file dont work. I mean I am not much bothered abt my PR file naymore now. Because I have very strong alternative with me and also As i mentioned initially in my time frame. I will definately going to fly canada max by OCT'2011.

Good luck to u and also i will post a link u can follow we guys who are in dual intent

Kavya

Sans_May2010 said:
Kavya

What to you think if you are asked for a medical and passport submission while you are in Canada doing your PHD? The time taken for visa stamping is not predictable and you may either need to take a risk by coming home and wait to receive passport after you send it to the visa office or cancel the existing application and apply a fresh one from canada. This is one of the question in my mind prior to apply for a student visa? I guess you may have a clear idea of what to do in such a case.

Sans_May2010

srid_a

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Med's Request
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PP Sent: 30-09-2013, DM 02-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2013
LANDED..........
in May/June 2014
You must have known this already..
Just make sure your case is strong for student visa. Applying for a student visa while a PR application is pending can put your application at a disadvantage.

Goodluck!

kavya said:
Its true Sam,
I am currently busy working on student visa. You are definately right. It took me around a month or two to decide wather or not to get student permit. At the end of the day,, I never had such a loosing attitude where I was been hanged on with PR file. I always believed that where I stand,, The que should start from there.

Ok lets come to the point and also I would love to discuss what I have been doing in these days:

a) I have sent three applications to different universities: one of them is at Qubec too.
b) just go through all information available online for study permit and do a good research on international student forum here.
c) I am preety sure to get good amount of fundings from university and other eternal sourses as canada is very good in fundings. So, I dont need to worry for paying fees neither thinking of getting job straight after moving there. I mean even if i was meant to get PR this was the only thing i wanted to do. But now if I dont need to pay fees. Y wait for such a hopeless stuff. Which no one knows
d) I am hoping to get atleast three years of permit and my hubby will get open work permit so its much easy for he to get his own field job at canada which I researched as well.
e) after study we get open permit based on our study period that means from 1 year to may be two to three years. So by the time I will have good time to re apply as well. If this file dont work. I mean I am not much bothered abt my PR file naymore now. Because I have very strong alternative with me and also As i mentioned initially in my time frame. I will definately going to fly canada max by OCT'2011.

Good luck to u and also i will post a link u can follow we guys who are in dual intent

Kavya