+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSWP 2014 payment via Credit Card, Credit Card lost. How to update CIC?

Safyre

Jun 3, 2014
Hello,

I filed my application for FSWP 2014 on May 3, 2014, supplying my Credit Card information for the payment. On May 30, 2014, I lost the same card and asked the bank to block it. It cannot be unblocked now. How can I update CIC and provide a new Credit Card number or pay via a different instrument, such as a pay order?

I've searched the forum, didn't find anything related, hence posting. Appreciate your expert input.

Safyre

Jun 3, 2014
Found this:

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-application-missing-credit-card-on-file-what-do-i-do-to-notify-cic-t214761.0.html

Filing the application again may be too late already.

seems like the case is lost. Still if there's anyone who's experienced something similar and made it through, please do let me know. Thanks.

Rainbow.Rainbow

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Safyre said:
Hello,

I filed my application for FSWP 2014 on May 3, 2014, supplying my Credit Card information for the payment. On May 30, 2014, I lost the same card and asked the bank to block it. It cannot be unblocked now. How can I update CIC and provide a new Credit Card number or pay via a different instrument, such as a pay order?

I've searched the forum, didn't find anything related, hence posting. Appreciate your expert input.
I don't get you if you provide your credit card information they will not charge you, actually you need to pay your fees upfront and print that receipt and it is a part of your file. This is not a right way. This is my point of view. You should get back your file/complete documents or reassemble them and after paying the fees send your case again.

Rainbow.Rainbow

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Safyre said:
Hello,

Doesn't matter your credit card is lost or still with you they will never charge you like that.

Safyre

Jun 3, 2014
Alright, perhaps I didn't understand how to pay with the credit card.

However, from the information I had to put on the payment form: Card Title, Credit Card Number, Expiry Date and CVV; I gathered I only need to provide the credentials. This is in line with how we make online payments; this is how I paid for my ECA reports.

Appreciate the input folks.

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Hello Safyre

You should not have asked the bank to block your card. It was better that you informed the bank to allow only transaction equal to your application fees from CIC and then block the card.

Last year this happened to one of the FSWP 2013 applicants. He was from India I think. Luckily he had not requested a blockage of his card. So he prompted his bank to allow that transaction from CIC and nothing else. He made it.

Regards
ESZB

Safyre

Jun 3, 2014
Hello ESZB,

I inquired the bank if they could allow transactions with only a certain amount, currency and country of origin, or any transaction matching any one of these parameters. They responded in negative. Either allow the card wholly, or block it. With the fear of impending fraud, it seemed wiser to block the card. Note that I blocked it temporarily, so that I could unblock it if I found my card. Today, I decided to unblock the card (still haven't found the card, but I was willing to take the risk), the bank informed me that without it being found, it cannot be unblocked. As a process, I now have to produce the card at the branch in order for it to be unblocked.

At any rate, I believe it is no longer possible to have my application accepted now, that there is no way of updating the payment instrument or refiling, for my category (2173) is expected to be filled rapidly. This category is closely related to 2174, which was allowed in 2013 and was one of the two fastest filling ones.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my query.

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Dear Safyre,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I really wish you had consulted this forum before blocking the card. Just one thing you can try is to send new payment form to them with a cover letter. It doesnt always work but it did for a couple of applicants last year one was from US and other I think from Singapore. You will just lose one courier fee but who know you may be lucky. Just a suggestion.

Best of luck .. and never give up
ESZB

jobishis

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Safyre said:
Hello,

First of all why did u blocked ur credit card, apart from some merchants like CIC only can deduct money from your account with out a 3D secure pin
Best option call to bank request them to unblock ur card and ask who can deduct money from your credit card with out 3D pin

yka10

Feb 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015
Med's Request
20-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-03-2015
jobishis said:
First of all why did u blocked ur credit card, apart from some merchants like CIC only can deduct money from your account with out a 3D secure pin
Best option call to bank request them to unblock ur card and ask who can deduct money from your credit card with out 3D pin
I think you should be able to send them an email and hopefully, they will respond. Goodluck!

Safyre

Jun 3, 2014
ESZB said:
Dear Safyre,

Sorry to hear about your situation. I really wish you had consulted this forum before blocking the card. Just one thing you can try is to send new payment form to them with a cover letter. It doesnt always work but it did for a couple of applicants last year one was from US and other I think from Singapore. You will just lose one courier fee but who know you may be lucky. Just a suggestion.

Best of luck .. and never give up
ESZB
Thanks for the suggestion ESZB - I will try it.

Safyre

Jun 3, 2014
yka10 said:
I think you should be able to send them an email and hopefully, they will respond. Goodluck!
Appreciate the suggestion! I suppose you are suggesting I send the application to the bank? Don't think it'll work, already described my predicament in detail to them over a phone call.

If you're talking about CIC, do you know the email address where I could send this information / description of situation? Could you please suggest how to identify my application?

Note: I had applied in FSWP 2013 and was rejected due to being over-capped. I had received a UCI number which I mentioned when filling the forms in FSWP 2014. Am not sure, but this could be way to identify my application if only I had an accurate email address to CIC where I could update about the whole incident and provide new credit card credentials.

Thanks in anticipation!

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Safyre said:
Hello,

Are you absolutely sure that your credit card hadn't already been charged before you blocked it? Some people from May 3 already had their's charged by the time you lost it. If you sent your application NOW, there is a very slight chance that you could still make it within the cap. If I were you, I would ask for another IELTS report and then send another application package immediately.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Rainbow.Rainbow said:
I don't get you if you provide your credit card information they will not charge you, actually you need to pay your fees upfront and print that receipt and it is a part of your file. This is not a right way. This is my point of view. You should get back your file/complete documents or reassemble them and after paying the fees send your case again.
Please stop giving WRONG information. Educate yourself before giving advice to others.

Safyre

Jun 3, 2014
namaste said:
Are you absolutely sure that your credit card hadn't already been charged before you blocked it? Some people from May 3 already had their's charged by the time you lost it. If you sent your application NOW, there is a very slight chance that you could still make it within the cap. If I were you, I would ask for another IELTS report and then send another application package immediately.
Hello Namaste

I know it's not charged. Didn't show up on my bill at all. To this day, CIC has not attempted a transaction on it (confirmed with the bank). I'm still hopeful I might be able to talk the bank into unblocking it if they can accept some form of written statement from me that I'm taking the responsibility of any possible fraudulent transactions. I am the one who's willing to take the risk. There could be a chance that my application is already rejected on some other grounds, hence no transaction attempt from CIC.

For the second application, I feel by the time I get another IELTS report, it might already be too late, just like you said. I had sent my application in FSWP 2013 as well, dispatched it under 2174 on June 26, 2013 (delayed because of ECA report), and it was rejected due to the cap being filled. There could still be a chance this time, that the cap is 1000 per category. But then, there would be more applications too because, like me, there would be many hopefuls from last year in my category, with all the documents ready alongside ECA report, who would have dispatched around May 3 or earlier. Can't help but feel tad disappointed. I lost my credit card at the hospital on May 30, admitting my sick and 5-month-pregnant wife in the ER. Lost our unborn baby the same time and day too.

My thanks to you and all the folks that have taken the time to read this thread and share their suggestions.

Take care!