+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSWP 2013 landing denied due to change in marital status

Dipen82

Mar 5, 2017
Hi,
I have questions regarding my fswp application filed 2013.

My PR was Approved on February 2016 and received immigrant visa as a single applicant.
I got married on February 2017 before going to Canada. i didn't know i had to inform cic about it.
My landing was denied . Reason: On arrivals i admitted that i was married.

i was asked to return and update my case with visa issuing office, which in my case is New-Delhi.
Its been 3 months and have sent 3 emails, 1 every month to New Delhi via cic website to update my case and seek further instruction, how to proceed further but i haven't got an reply. Also my phone calls to newdelhi was not fruitful in getting any help about next steps ahead.

-can any one let me know whats the next step to update my case with spouse details?

-do i wait to hear from new delhi or i proceed with updating forms and courier it to newdelhi ?

-what are the additional forms do i need to submit?

-do i have to fill up all the forms over again or just the forms that needs changes due to addition of spouse details?

- do i have to send additional processing fee for adding spouse. if yes how much?

Thank you for your time and effort. i seek some genuine expert advise here.

Pinkzy_10

Mar 18, 2018
Hi,
I have questions regarding my fswp application filed 2013.

My PR was Approved on February 2016 and received immigrant visa as a single applicant.
I got married on February 2017 before going to Canada. i didn't know i had to inform cic about it.
My landing was denied . Reason: On arrivals i admitted that i was married.

i was asked to return and update my case with visa issuing office, which in my case is New-Delhi.
Its been 3 months and have sent 3 emails, 1 every month to New Delhi via cic website to update my case and seek further instruction, how to proceed further but i haven't got an reply. Also my phone calls to newdelhi was not fruitful in getting any help about next steps ahead.

-can any one let me know whats the next step to update my case with spouse details?

-do i wait to hear from new delhi or i proceed with updating forms and courier it to newdelhi ?

-what are the additional forms do i need to submit?

-do i have to fill up all the forms over again or just the forms that needs changes due to addition of spouse details?

- do i have to send additional processing fee for adding spouse. if yes how much?

Thank you for your time and effort. i seek some genuine expert advise here.
Hi,

Were you able to add your spouse and come back to canada on your new COPR?

Thank you