04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Hi guys,

how long does it take to get ppr request after submitting fbi certificates. My status is not changed online after they received my fbi on 27th jan, about a week ago.

thanks,

DI

jpalos

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 6, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2013
Med's Request
July 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014
LANDED..........
26-05-2014
Mike2ca, Hey I just came across your post and I saw that your file was also transferred from Buffalo to the VO in Trinidad and Tobago the same day as mine. They requested the same files as you have listed, but not the passports. We have submitted medicals and my status shows that they started processing on December 5 2013. Do you know more less when would they be requesting passports?

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Dentist_india said:
Hi guys,

how long does it take to get ppr request after submitting fbi certificates. My status is not changed online after they received my fbi on 27th jan, about a week ago.

thanks,

DI
Any one please answer my question.

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
Dentist_india said:
Any one please answer my question.
From the timeliness of everybody who got similar request it appears no one can say with certainty. It can even be today - who knows?

2011july20

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffallo Transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application and May 2014
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
First AOR 10-2011, second AOR December 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
October -2013 and RPRF paid on Oct 2013
Med's Done....
November 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 7-15-2014 PPR 10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10/2014
LANDED..........
12/2014
Dentist_india said:
Hi guys,

thanks,

DI
Case varies from time to time and person to person. Remember when documents are received, they are queued and processed on a come first get served first unless it is a case specific issue which in that case may go to the person that requested for the documents in question.

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
2011july20 said:
Case varies from time to time and person to person. Remember when documents are received, they are queued and processed on a come first get served first unless it is a case specific issue which in that case may go to the person that requested for the documents in question.
Thanks guys for reply,

I got my ppt request yesterday. Took about 2 weeks after FBI certificates. Good luck to all.

DI

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
Dentist_india said:
Thanks guys for reply,

I got my ppt request yesterday. Took about 2 weeks after FBI certificates. Good luck to all.

DI
Good news...congrats

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
Hi Guys one more question,

I am working in USA. After getting the PPR what should be my next step If I plan to move to Canada after some time (say a year or two). How long can I stay outside Canada after getting PR.

Thanks,
DI

2011july20

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
November 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/2014
LANDED..........
12/2014
Dentist_india said:

I am working in USA. After getting the PPR what should be my next step If I plan to move to Canada after some time (say a year or two). How long can I stay outside Canada after getting PR.

Thanks,
DI
Visa is valid for one year or less depending on the expiration date of immigrant passports.

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
2011july20 said:
Visa is valid for one year or less depending on the expiration date of immigrant passports.
Thanks.... As I am in USA. If I visit Canada and gets my immigration and come back to USA. How much time will I have to stay outside Canada once getting PR. Practically speaking, I will start applying for jobs and I would like to get a job in Canada before permanently move there. What are my options?

Thanks,
DI

2011july20

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
November 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/2014
LANDED..........
12/2014
Dentist_india said:
Thanks.... As I am in USA. If I visit Canada and gets my immigration and come back to USA. How much time will I have to stay outside Canada once getting PR. Practically speaking, I will start applying for jobs and I would like to get a job in Canada before permanently move there. What are my options?

Thanks,
DI
This might help you in answering your question. These are the proposed changes awaiting confirmation, otherwise currently you need to have stayed in Canada for 730 days within a 5-year period in order to maintain your PR

Canadian citizenship: 5 key ways the rules are changing

The Harper government is calling the proposed overhaul of the Citizenship Act the first comprehensive reform to it since 1977.

Here are five important proposed changes:

1) It will take longer. Under new legislation, permanent residents will have to have a “physical presence” in Canada for four years out of six years, compared to the current three out of four years.

2) Tougher language requirements. More applicants will have to meet language requirements and pass a test, with the government expanding its age range for those requirements to those aged 14-64, compared to the current range of 18-54.

3) Citizenship can be revoked. The government would have the power to strip citizenship from dual nationals who are members of an armed force or groups engaged in armed conflict with Canada, and from those convicted of terrorism, treason or spying.

4) Criminal charges abroad come into play. The new legislation would bar people with foreign criminal charges and convictions from getting citizenship. Current laws only bar citizenship for those with certain domestic criminal charges and convictions.

5) Fast-track for those who join the military. Permanent residents who are members of the Canadian Armed Forces will have a fast-track to citizenship.

Other changes include:

*Fees for applications for citizenship will go up from $100 to $300 so that an applicant for citizenship would pay a total of $400, including the fee for the right of citizenship for all successful applicants.

*Legislation is also being proposed to tighten regulations against fraud with a $100,000 fine or up to two years in prison for an unauthorized individual who knowingly represents or advises on a citizenship application or hearing for a fee.

*Any individual who commits citizenship fraud faces a fine of up to a $100,000 and or five years in prison. The penalty for a summary offence would include a fine of up to $50,000 and/or two years in prison.

*The minister of citizenship and immigration will be given the power to give citizenship to some individuals in extraordinary circumstances. And he will be given sole authority to revoke citizenship for those who obtained citizenship by fraud — either through residence fraud, concealing criminal inadmissibility or identity fraud.

•The creation of a body that supervises immigration consultants and holds them to a series of professional standards;
•The ability to deny citizenship to criminals charged with or convicted of serious crimes outside Canada as well as criminals serving a sentence outside Canada.

Applicants will have to have been physically present in Canada for four of the previous six years, instead of three out of four; will have to sign a declaration attesting that they plan to live here; will not be able to count time spent in the country before acquiring permanent resident status; and will have to file Canadian income taxes during the residence period. Fees for applicants will be tripled, though Canada still charges much less than Britain or the U.S.

The government is also extending language and knowledge requirements to everyone aged 14 to 65, in place of the present ages 18 to 54. That would mean both elderly relatives and younger family members have to bone up on either French or English and study Canadian customs and culture, to gain acceptance. Penalties for fraud will be sharply increased and permanent residents serving in the armed forces will get a break, qualifying a year faster than other applicants.

Dentist_india

Star Member
Jun 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2011
Doc's Request.
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
04-05-2011
IELTS Request
with the application
Med's Request
02-10-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2013
2011july20 said:
This might help you in answering your question. These are the proposed changes awaiting confirmation, otherwise currently you need to have stayed in Canada for 730 days within a 5-year period in order to maintain your PR

Canadian citizenship: 5 key ways the rules are changing

The Harper government is calling the proposed overhaul of the Citizenship Act the first comprehensive reform to it since 1977.

Here are five important proposed changes:

1) It will take longer. Under new legislation, permanent residents will have to have a “physical presence” in Canada for four years out of six years, compared to the current three out of four years.

2) Tougher language requirements. More applicants will have to meet language requirements and pass a test, with the government expanding its age range for those requirements to those aged 14-64, compared to the current range of 18-54.

3) Citizenship can be revoked. The government would have the power to strip citizenship from dual nationals who are members of an armed force or groups engaged in armed conflict with Canada, and from those convicted of terrorism, treason or spying.

4) Criminal charges abroad come into play. The new legislation would bar people with foreign criminal charges and convictions from getting citizenship. Current laws only bar citizenship for those with certain domestic criminal charges and convictions.

5) Fast-track for those who join the military. Permanent residents who are members of the Canadian Armed Forces will have a fast-track to citizenship.

Other changes include:

*Fees for applications for citizenship will go up from $100 to $300 so that an applicant for citizenship would pay a total of $400, including the fee for the right of citizenship for all successful applicants.

*Legislation is also being proposed to tighten regulations against fraud with a $100,000 fine or up to two years in prison for an unauthorized individual who knowingly represents or advises on a citizenship application or hearing for a fee.

*Any individual who commits citizenship fraud faces a fine of up to a $100,000 and or five years in prison. The penalty for a summary offence would include a fine of up to $50,000 and/or two years in prison.

*The minister of citizenship and immigration will be given the power to give citizenship to some individuals in extraordinary circumstances. And he will be given sole authority to revoke citizenship for those who obtained citizenship by fraud — either through residence fraud, concealing criminal inadmissibility or identity fraud.

•The creation of a body that supervises immigration consultants and holds them to a series of professional standards;
•The ability to deny citizenship to criminals charged with or convicted of serious crimes outside Canada as well as criminals serving a sentence outside Canada.

Applicants will have to have been physically present in Canada for four of the previous six years, instead of three out of four; will have to sign a declaration attesting that they plan to live here; will not be able to count time spent in the country before acquiring permanent resident status; and will have to file Canadian income taxes during the residence period. Fees for applicants will be tripled, though Canada still charges much less than Britain or the U.S.

The government is also extending language and knowledge requirements to everyone aged 14 to 65, in place of the present ages 18 to 54. That would mean both elderly relatives and younger family members have to bone up on either French or English and study Canadian customs and culture, to gain acceptance. Penalties for fraud will be sharply increased and permanent residents serving in the armed forces will get a break, qualifying a year faster than other applicants.
Thanks Man,

People have abandoned this thread I guess.

DI

2011july20

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2011
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Med's Done....
November 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/2014
LANDED..........
12/2014
Dentist_india said:
Thanks Man,

People have abandoned this thread I guess.

DI
They shouldn't/ shouldn't have.

mshaikh

Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-10-2011 (Initial review is complete)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Buffalo - Ottawa (June 2012)
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
I have been waiting for more than 15 days.. it's not much, will keep you posted. Idk about the wait time for this either..

Dentist_india said:
Hi guys,

thanks,

DI

mshaikh

Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-10-2011 (Initial review is complete)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Buffalo - Ottawa (June 2012)
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
If they issue you PR, I think it's on the PR stamp - the expiry date (usually it is a year after your medical was done) before which you have to get your landing process done. Either that expiry date or your passport expiry date whichever comes first I guess.. After landing, I believe you can stay for two years maximum outside Canada in order to renew your PR after 5 years. You must have lived in Canada for 3x365 days ( as far as I know, things change too fast with Canadian Immigration these days).

Remember it's going to be a different case if you want to apply for Canadian Citizenship (4 out of last 6 years physical presence) + Cannot be outside country for more than 6 months in a year (just like GC) + must pay Canadian taxes every year + have to commit to stay in Canada after getting Citizenship (ergo no they don't want TN visa BS)

Hope that helps, others - feel free to correct any mistakes.

Dentist_india said:

Thanks,
DI