+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

I have one observation.. Canada is weirdly "paperish" in this work. Why do they need physical passport? Australia attaches PR "electronically".
We're talking about the country who only have recently abandoned physical envelopes in ATM, and whose banking system is such a joke that it takes more than one day to send funds from your chequing account to your credit card. Are you surprised?

Hokage

Feb 27, 2020
Category........
FSW
Quick random Question. Im seeing quiete a lot jobs in my NOC out in Quebec that require bilingual or strictly French. I'm thinking of learning for that extra competitive edge when I land. Anyone here successfully learnt French by themselves, without the help of a tutor I mean or is this not recommendable? And how long would one need to achieve a level of proficency suitable for professional communication. This coming from some one who does not speak any French at all apart from "oi oi!" and the standard greeting. Any advise/tips well appreciated.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Pakistan ?
Correct.
In addition to the re medical request, I received ADRs for Schedule A, family detail, travel history forms. My security was also completed last month and new notes were added which stated "RFV pending medical"

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
Quick random Question. Im seeing quiete a lot jobs in my NOC out in Quebec that require bilingual or strictly French. I'm thinking of learning for that extra competitive edge when I land. Anyone here successfully learnt French by themselves, without the help of a tutor I mean or is this not recommendable? And how long would one need to achieve a level of proficency suitable for professional communication. This coming from some one who does not speak any French at all apart from "oi oi!" and the standard greeting. Any advise/tips well appreciated.
Having lived there in Montreal , I can pick one or two phrases , I would say French from France and Quebec differs a lot. Whatever u basic classes learn online /classes outside Quebec (mostly France French ) will help u to some degree to manage daily interactions . But for job perspective You need to have higher bar . Not sure how well u learning /adapting to new language .

Nevertheless learning French is always good it will open all new world. Having said that, I am still struggling to learn French . Because English is not my first language too (it’s my third) . One day I will learn for sure

But if you are advanced French speaker you can easily adjust to québécois french

Reactions: ita_drgen

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I've spent 3 years learning Spanish and I am quite fluent in it now. Wish I had invested this time into learning French. Would have been some benefit to me in Canada lol.

$R27

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
App. Filed.......
11 October 2019
Anyone here , who got remedical in. January but haven't received PPR yet ???

Ad78

Star Member
May 31, 2020
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/learning-french.592800/post-8861890

Even folks who are not planning to learn French might find this post interesting because it can give some a nice dose of hopium. It is the story of my 16 year journey to get ITA. Never, ever give up. Yes, have back-up plans and whatnot, but always remember the old proverb: Where there is a will, there is a way.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/learning-french.592800/post-8861890

Even folks who are not planning to learn French might find this post interesting because it can give some a nice dose of hopium. It is the story of my 16 year journey to get ITA. Never, ever give up. Yes, have back-up plans and whatnot, but always remember the old proverb: Where there is a will, there is a way.
You should make a documentary on this someday.

Reactions: Hokage

Hokage

Feb 27, 2020
Category........
FSW
Having lived there in Montreal , I can pick one or two phrases , I would say French from France and Quebec differs a lot. Whatever u basic classes learn online /classes outside Quebec (mostly France French ) will help u to some degree to manage daily interactions . But for job perspective You need to have higher bar . Not sure how well u learning /adapting to new language .

Nevertheless learning French is always good it will open all new world. Having said that, I am still struggling to learn French . Because English is not my first language too (it’s my third) . One day I will learn for sure

But if you are advanced French speaker you can easily adjust to québécois french
Yeah I want to learn "France French" preferably as that'll open way more doors even in Francophone Africa. Iv been meaning to learn for a few years now even before this whole immigration journey began. I regret not doing it as I now realise its a very useful language.
For what it's worth I speak 7 seven languages including English, 6 of them are African so I'd like to think I have aptitude for learning languages lol. Hopefully this will make it easier to adapt to French. Starting is so daunting tho...like where do I even begin and how do I measure progress. Meh o_O

Reactions: Srisundarcan