+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
The majority of those whose PGWPs are expiring have already applied for extension and have gotten refusals. I personally know a couple and both graduated from Seneca college 5 years before and their PGWP is expiring this Jan 2024. They got refusals for their PGWP extension.

I guess they cannot do it again and simply would have to go back. They both work at a RBC and RBC does not both themselves with this LMIA stuff and hence they are planning to resign if nothing works their way

Likewise, there are so many individuals/couples who are at wits end. Marc Miller really seems to be a tough guy
People who couldn't get PR in the last five years while living and working in Canada when it was the easiest are certified Lamdas.

Reactions: Hopeful007

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
hello, i am bit confused. i am working in canada, do i need to show fund for my application?
Alright! I will bite.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program
Are you applying under CEC? Do you have a valid job offer (and perhaps claiming points for that)?
If answer to either questions is yes. then NO. Otherwise, do show funds.

In short, your current employment status does not determine, your job offer or program under which you apply do.

Reactions: andrews17

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
The majority of those whose PGWPs are expiring have already applied for extension and have gotten refusals. I personally know a couple and both graduated from Seneca college 5 years before and their PGWP is expiring this Jan 2024. They got refusals for their PGWP extension.

I guess they cannot do it again and simply would have to go back. They both work at a RBC and RBC does not both themselves with this LMIA stuff and hence they are planning to resign if nothing works their way

Likewise, there are so many individuals/couples who are at wits end. Marc Miller really seems to be a tough guy
To be honest, they are not being tough enough for people (Liberals) losing their jobs. Most of their problems could easily be solved by lowering the immigration. So actually, he and Liberals are being super generous and throwing themselves under the bus. In 2 years, they are gone. Conservatives are not stupid, they will close the doors without thinking twice. Steven Harper easily eliminated foreign worker program sending tons of them to their countries for example, Poilievre is his disciple.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
To be honest, they are not being tough enough for people (Liberals) losing their jobs. Most of their problems could easily be solved by lowering the immigration. So actually, he and Liberals are being super generous and throwing themselves under the bus. In 2 years, they are gone. Conservatives are not stupid, they will close the doors without thinking twice. Steven Harper easily eliminated foreign worker program sending tons of them to their countries for example, Poilievre is his disciple.
Poilievre was asked this same thing by the media and he didn't even mention that he will do something about immigration target, he just dodged the question by providing a generic statement, I doubt he will do anything significant. It's just baffling that Canada would stuff itself full of immigrants at the cost of their own people, which other country does that?

Reactions: alexross

Ahmad1283

Dec 2, 2023
I submitted my application for PR and under personal activities I forgot to mention one employment for which I am not claiming points.
I have no gaps in personal history or 10 years. But my two jobs were overlapping. For example I working in different organizations one in the morning and in the evening with another of which I am claiming my points.
What should I do? Anyone, please tell me?

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
Poilievre was asked this same thing by the media and he didn't even mention that he will do something about immigration target, he just dodged the question by providing a generic statement, I doubt he will do anything significant. It's just baffling that Canada would stuff itself full of immigrants at the cost of their own people, which other country does that?
Of course, he can't say anything. But anyone with half a brain will do it. It's a very low hanging fruit. Of course, there will be media saying stuff for a month or so. All the demand for housing, health care etc will go down. People will become less angry and the subject will be forgotten. Poilievre is smart to just watch Liberals flush themselves down the drain without making stupid statements.

abhiram.kumar

Dec 7, 2018
He’s not saying anything because the Liberals and NDP want to use “racism” as a talking point for the next election and he doesn’t need to do anything now. Both parties are on self-destruction. The scumbags running both parties have brought American partisanship to Canada but it’s flopping hard because the public have caught on to their virtue signalling. The unfortunate thing in all of this is that the Liberals single-handedly made immigration a mainstream issue when it wasn’t before. If things get worse in the next few years, which they will, I won’t be surprised to see the PPC gaining ground.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I submitted my application for PR and under personal activities I forgot to mention one employment for which I am not claiming points.
I have no gaps in personal history or 10 years. But my two jobs were overlapping. For example I working in different organizations one in the morning and in the evening with another of which I am claiming my points.
What should I do? Anyone, please tell me?
I think you should be fine.

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
I was wondering, when you submit your application, after the AOR, what is, usually, the first update you receive? Almost two weeks now but I haven't received anything. I don't know if my R10 has passed or not and the tracker doesn't say much.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I was wondering, when you submit your application, after the AOR, what is, usually, the first update you receive? Almost two weeks now but I haven't received anything. I don't know if my R10 has passed or not and the tracker doesn't say much.
You are likely to receive a Biometrics letter(BIL) next. Some get ghost updates for Medicals passed, some don't. But BIL is almost universal. Looking at the current trends, BIL can take a month or two for you.

Reactions: sabensaid92