Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
"bothers me" is not a real concern - crime, financial insecurity, etc are real concerns. No one will take anyone seriously if the primary complain is "too many Indians around me and they don't talk to me".

"Sharing our society" is a weasel word. You're covered with rights to support and protect you - sharing a society does nothing bad to you tbh in this case.

We shouldn't cherry pick a pseduo-standard (e.g. cultural practices, language, dressing, etc) and then blow it out of proportion. Someone existing somewhere shouldn't bother you and that's why it is borderline childish to complain about it.

Imagine mocking someone for accent, dressing, BO, etc and then asking them "why don't you integrate"? The question has a very simple answer - it is hard. There's a reason why 2nd generation of immigrants find it easier to integrate - it is far easier for them.

I'd not even going to get into depths of why certain cultures have practices that need resources that are not easy to find, so they tend to live where those resources are easy to find. From support to something as simple as grocery - most Asian cultures need a lot of things that Europeans/North Americans don't even know existed. Rather than saying "you live in an area and don't integrate", consider asking "why do you live in an area" - maybe that'll help you understand the other side better.

It is common sense to not make people who are literally not interacting you or harming you in any way feel unwelcomed at the end of the day.
Its further damning when same yard stick is not applied for German, Italians, Ukrainians population.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Crime, financial security, are all concerns linked to the issue.
So was there a rise in crime when proportion of Chinese grew in 2000s?

1991 : 2.3 %
2001 : 3.5 %
2016 : 5.1 %

Crime stats 2000 :
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/en/pub/85-002-x/85-002-x2001008-eng.pdf
"Canada’s police-reported crime rate decreased by 1% in 2000, the ninth consecutive annual drop."

Crime stats 2016 :
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/85-002-x/2017001/article/54842-eng.htm
"Police-reported crime in Canada, as measured by the Crime Severity Index (CSI), increased for the second year in a row in 2016. The CSI measures the volume and severity of police-reported crime in Canada, and has a base index value of 100 for 2006. In 2016, the national CSI increased 1% from 70.1 in 2015 to 71.0, but remained 29% lower than a decade earlier in 2006."

So, over all from 1991 to 2016, the crime stats have decreased in most years.

We can do same with Indians :
1991 : 1.57%
2001 : 2.745%
2016 : 4.591%

If we look at the larger trend, we can again see that immigration trends are not really correlated here :

Source : https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/85-002-x/2022001/article/00013-eng.htm

Till 2014, crime indices were falling. They only went up after that. Did anything immigration related changed in 2014?

I don't think so.

Numbers? :

Composition?

Well, its clear that proportion of Indian immigration only started to go up after 2016. 2017 showed the first real rise. The crime had been going up for more than 3 years at that point.

So no, I can not conclude that crime increase is caused by dominance of Indians in the immigration. The crime rise started much before that.

I believe the real reason was a policy shift. From punishing to catch and release that was introduced by Trudeau government. Its not as if all of a sudden more criminals came in. It was likely that authorities have gone lax on punishing crime.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I would be saying the same thing if we were accepting what I felt was too many immigrants from any country. just to be clear.

I think we should have a quota on how many people we take in from a specific country.
May I ask why? What problem does it solve? If you put a quota without lowering over all immigration, you are only taking people with lower CRS whose only qualifying criteria was that they were born in a particular place. US does it and loses out on more skilled immigrants from India and in the past China too.

You can make CRS more "comprehensive" by adding QS Ranks of university where you graduated as a scoring criteria, you can add patents and publications as points, you can rank employers and treat experience differently. That will bring forth better candidates at the cost of making process a bit complex.

batalaBatala

Jan 21, 2020
Hello,if my cec work experience expires means not within last 3 years. Can i use that work experience for FSW if its meet minimum eligibility criteria? Having only Canadian wexp no foreign wexp

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
The only reason all the immigrants are coming here, especially post covid is because the corporate masters running the show deemed it so. People will hate on Indians, even their BO before asking why they are here in the first place. They did not cross into Canada illegally.

Look at the rising profits and prices of grocers, the insane artificial demand that is being added to the country on top of that. A major construction company I work at earned a billion dollars in profit this year but they pay wages of 1980s. You think skilled talent like me will stay here for that?
Only helpless, low skilled mass immigrants suffer like that.
We are getting the bottom of the barrel Indians and even that is more than what Canada deserves. Ask anybody out there and the first quality of Indians that comes to mind is their hard working nature regardless of their skill or economic conditions.
And the good thing is, high skilled Indians are choosing to not come to Canada.

If things bother so much, get out there and protest. I'll join in. Or take some tangible action. Make your voice heard to the people responsible for this. And blindly supporting PP will not be enough.
He is not bothered about quality or the number of incoming immigrants. Its only their place of birth that bothers him/her.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord_Tony

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello,if my cec work experience expires means not within last 3 years. Can i use that work experience for FSW if its meet minimum eligibility criteria? Having only Canadian wexp no foreign wexp
I guess so. CEC and FSW consider you past 10 years of experience. Eligibility criteria for CEC asks for min 1 year experience in past 3 years. Try using CSR calculator.

"i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?" .... So yeah.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Many people prefer to employ international students because of the Indian connection, there are many people who complain about not getting jobs at certain companies because they are Indian dominated.
HRs/Recruiters typically tend to be from Old Growth Canadians, so I am not really sure if that happens at a massive scale. Not to mention, Indians are not even that big of a fraction of population. There are bigger nationalities.

Also, lets look at the biggest employers in Canada:

1. Federal govt and provincial govt. I doubt it can happen here. It will be a massive scandal and court case.

2. George Weston : I don't think it is Indian dominated. Infact most Indians will not have really heard about them.
3. Loblow : I don't think it is either, they employ people from local communities.
4. Brookfield Corporation : Same as George Weston.

Last but not the least. How come just 5% of population have such a major impact on employment opportunities and recruitment?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
overarching issue, which a lack of assimilation has on a society. It makes it fragmented and segmented, it jeopardizes coexistence and adds tension to a society, as is the case in Europe with significant minorities which don't integrate as well.
You fail to address how come existing dominant nationalities that is german, irish, italian, ukrainans, chinese are not leading to the same issue? How come everything was hunky dory. And if it was broken from the beginning or for a very long time, why is it not hurting everyone?

The demand I hear from *some* canadians is to lower immigartion but not to diversify it by limiting per country input.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Look at the footage of Dundas square, do you see people from other countries, dancing en masse in a major public spot? You don't. They don't seem to concerned with integrating, and if it was an occasional occurrence it wouldn't be an issue, but they are here every week, multiple days a week, taking up Dundas square like they own it.
I do!
https://www.ydsquare.ca/calendar?view=calendar&month=08-2023

YD Square allows event usage of the place for a fee. Look at their calendar for the months from July - October.

Indonesia, Trindad etc.

And yes, other folks are also doing everyweek and multiple days a week. Because City rents out the space! Summer and fall months are like that only there.

It's no wonder people want less immigration after decades and decades of positive reaction to immigration, and it's no wonder the liberals are losing by double digits in the polls.
And Canada's perinial housing crisis and inflation has nothing to do with it. Somehow in 2023 after march a switch flicked and Indians are making Canadians dislike immigration. I mean, I wish Indians were that consequential.

Last edited:

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Looks like India tried to assassinate another Khalistani on US soil which was foiled by authorities. Indian intelligence need to step up... maybe their BO gave them away.. jkjk. Don't kill me

• Angry
Reactions: Lord_Tony

Lixa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Hello guys didnt post here for a long time but il need your help one more time...

i soft landed this summer and fly back home after a few weeks. A friend of mine received my PR card at home in Canada. Iam now planning to fly back to canada...

Important point i dont need any visa to fly to Canada... (only ETA) but Will it be a problem That i dont have my PR card With me ?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hello guys didnt post here for a long time but il need your help one more time...

i soft landed this summer and fly back home after a few weeks. A friend of mine received my PR card at home in Canada. Iam now planning to fly back to canada...

Important point i dont need any visa to fly to Canada... (only ETA) but Will it be a problem That i dont have my PR card With me ?
Yes, as a PR you either need a PR card or PRTD to come back.