+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
But then, they do the all other draws (the healthcare and other NOC specific ones) without any problems except the all program draws. No system maintenance or nother for Category based draws.

Also, if you check the pattern, they are doing just one all-program draw every month for some time. Also, the draw numbers are down to just 3.6Kish, and the gap is very well being filled by Healthcare, Other in-demand NOCs and Francophone dudes' draws.

This way, the CRS will never go below 500 in the near future, and enrolling in a College/Univ is really becoming an expensive and exhausting affair.
So unless one is from healthcare or knows French (CLB7 and above in TEF), study visa is the only route, but again, looking at the sky-high competition for PT jobs, I guess the number of aspiring dudes to study here has greatly reduced.

Lastly, the PGWP extension is almost nonexistent now. I personally talked to two dudes who were under the assumption that they would get an additional PGWP (after 3 years' WP), and now they both have received departure letters to leave Canada within a month or so.

Brampton dudes and some shady consultancies are planning to have a massive rally in Toronto for PGWP extension, CEC draws, and easy pathways for Permanent Residency.
Let me know where that rally is. I will go and shit on them Brampton lamdas

Reactions: Alysson

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Better to face the reality of economic issues than putting a band-aid on with international students and real estate. These 3rd world mentality lambdas are degrading the quality of life in Canada exponentially. Anything they contribute to the economy, they damage more in other ways. Besides, the profits are going to a select few fat old white dudes not the general public.
Few things: old white dudes are a sizeable part of Canada and are not really a small minority. Its the young who are minority.

Home ownership in Canada is above 2/3.

It is canada's responsibility to ensure that all the parts of its demography get a equitable opportunity at housing and public service. Blaming lamda is not the best thing to do.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Few things: old white dudes are a sizeable part of Canada and are not really a small minority. Its the young who are minority.

Home ownership in Canada is above 2/3.

It is canada's responsibility to ensure that all the parts of its demography get a equitable opportunity at housing and public service. Blaming lamda is not the best thing to do.
100%! We need to remind ourselves this again and again. They are annoying/entitled at best, but greedy Canadians/failed politicians are the ones to be blamed here.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
If there is someone who feel they have something to contribute in helping newcomer immigrants in Canada and wants to be involved in mentoring - consider joining something like this: https://www.criec.ca/ - this one is specific to Calgary, but going by other major Canadian cities:
1. Vancouver: https://vancouver.ca/people-programs/mentorship-program.aspx
2. Toronto: https://triec.ca/mentoring-an-important-st/

If you are unsure about why you should mentor:
1. mentoring builds your network faster than anything. Every newcomer will add to your own network.
2. we learn by mentoring too.
3. help people overcome the absolutely unnecessary barriers that you personally faced.

You can also mentor young/entry-level/mid-level Canadians as well. This is also a spot where I don't see a lot of immigrants involved in, but really should. A typical mentor is expected to spend ~1-2/hrs per week with mentees.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
If there is someone who feels they have something to contribute in helping newcomer immigrants in Canada and wants to be involved in mentoring - consider joining something like this: https://www.criec.ca/ - this one is specific to Calgary, but going by other majority Canadian cities:
1. Vancouver: https://vancouver.ca/people-programs/mentorship-program.aspx
2. Toronto: https://triec.ca/mentoring-an-important-st/

If you are unsure about why you should mentor:
1. mentoring builds your network faster than anything. Every newcomer will add to your own network.
2. we learn by mentoring too.
3. help people overcome the absolutely unnecessary barriers that you personally faced.

You can also mentor young/entry-level/mid-level Canadians as well. This is also a spot where I don't see a lot of immigrants involved in, but really should. A typical mentor is expected to spend ~1-2/hrs per week with mentees.
This!!
100% Agreed!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
@GandiBaat Get me a 250K/yr job at Google and I'll stop badmouthing Lamdas
You are aiming too low, thats all I can say. If you wanna live in mountain view or SF or SEA, you should aim higher. I mean I will not take this much for living in YVR or even YYJ let alone YYZ .

Now if you are serious: Go for this : https://neetcode.io/roadmap

Last time I failed GOOG because I did only 75 of these ones. This time around, I have done all 150s. Also more LC hards.
Also Look at Grokking Design Interviews by Fahim. Good stuff.

Thats all you need to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
You are aiming too low, thats all I can say. If you wanna live in mountain view or SF or SEA, you should aim higher. I mean I will not take this much for living in YVR or even YYJ let alone YYZ .

Now if you are serious: Go for this : https://neetcode.io/roadmap

Last time I failed GOOG because I did only 75 of these ones. This time around, I have done all 150s. Also more LC hards.
Also Look at Grokking Design Interviews by Fahim. Good stuff.

Thats all you need to do.
I'd also suggest interviewing.io, practice mock interviews with Googlers, Netflix engineers, etc. The interviewers also hire those they like directly too.

Last edited:

hiato

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Any thoughts on why there's been a slowdown in processing FSW-O applications in the last month or so? Specially at CIO?

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Any thoughts on why there's been a slowdown in processing FSW-O applications in the last month or so? Specially at CIO?
Some guesses Year end, reduction of consulate staff in India etc.. also the speed from Nov'22 to Aug was phenomenal, IRCC is now back to being itself I guess.

Reactions: hiato

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Yesterday our neighborhood Asian Grocery went out of business so I went to the Indian grocery nearby, to see if they had the cooking ingredients my wife wanted. Since I'm not familiar with 90% of the stuff inside the store, I asked a young lady there for help. She is giving me instructions to search like "Uncle look in Aisle 3,4 etc..." I get curious and ask while checking out why a 25-year-old lady should call an unknown middle-aged man not her relation as an uncle. She replied "Oh you are not from Nepal, we have some Ch**K people there also. Now I get semi-upset & blurted out to the lady that the word is quite racist, it was coined by the Americans in the Philippines during WW2.
But Ma'm is cool, no apologies at all, she says she is from Punjab and just landed in Toronto for the fall semester for some 1-year course. Since she is learning English she will soon learn to talk better. I felt no point in arguing with a fresh lambda and left the store swearing to myself never to step foot inside.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Yesterday our neighborhood Asian Grocery went out of business so I went to the Indian grocery nearby, to see if they had the cooking ingredients my wife wanted. Since I'm not familiar with 90% of the stuff inside the store, I asked a young lady there for help. She is giving me instructions to search like "Uncle look in Aisle 3,4 etc..." I get curious and ask while checking out why a 25-year-old lady should call an unknown middle-aged man not her relation as an uncle. She replied "Oh you are not from Nepal, we have some Ch**K people there also. Now I get semi-upset & blurted out to the lady that the word is quite racist, it was coined by the Americans in the Philippines during WW2.
But Ma'm is cool, no apologies at all, she says she is from Punjab and just landed in Toronto for the fall semester for some 1-year course. Since she is learning English she will soon learn to talk better. I felt no point in arguing with a fresh lambda and left the store swearing to myself never to step foot inside.
You are not alone, even the people from north eastern India are called some variant of C-slur. Most Indians do not realize C-slur is a racial slur. Its wild, and possibly because most Indians do not think in english, they are translating their thoughts in english as they speak. In their thoughts any one with even remotely east-asian face is a chinese, the Hindi and Punjabi word for Chinese folks is "Chini" and hence C-slur is not too far off that pronunciation. Its an old mess introduced during colonial time which Indian education system forgot to fix.

Here is a true incidence: I was studying back then. One of my friend got interview call from Bain & Co during job fair season. Back then management consulting employers recruited from engineering schools as well. The interview panel had two African Americans and for some reason he said the phrase "N-word money" for financial assets owned by African Americans. Needless to say he did not get the job. He narrated the entire interview process to me. I pointed out how using racial slurs is not a good idea anywhere. It did not even registered in his mind that racial slur are evil.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Just think about it...
AN ETHNIC INDIAN! Running for American Presidency! Calling America to build a WALL to keep ILLEGAL Canadian and their drugs from entering USA.

What a time to be alive!

I hope Canadian and "those who more Canadian than Canada" will love the sweet taste of their own medicine they have been lately prescribing to international students etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord_Tony

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
You did the right thing by letting her know that the C* word is racist. You should inform the management about it as well - If I were you, I'd do it simply because I would not want my own kids to hear it ever.