Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
There are lie, damn lies and then there are statistics! -Isaac Newton
Incidentally, Newton was wrong about a lot of things including light and speed of sound. He was ... last of magicians and sort of first of scientists.

Last edited:

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
The guy is WRONG. My wife sometimes get few cans of grams from food bank and often volunteers there in the university and it does not work like he is saying. Few things about community/university food banks:

1. Items are VERY near their best before date. So, forget about hoarding them. They are more like "use them" or "lose them".
2. Each food bank has a "checkout counter" of types and volunteers limit the food you take -- if you are shameless enough to take in excess.
3. Students are NOT typically married or are with kids. So "diapers for free" is virtually non-existant.
4. Vast majority of students do not really cook. Meaning.... food banks are not really useful for them. They eat in cafeteria.
still doesnt explain why that patel needs a hundred tomatoes.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
still doesnt explain why that patel needs a hundred tomatoes.
The video never explained that they(Mr. Patel) went with a large group and this was for all of them. As I said, while it is shameful, it will be blown out of proportion with missing context. If desis like you failed to see it, pretty sure Canadians wouldn't fact check it either.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
The video never explained that they(Mr. Patel) went with a large group and this was for all of them. As I said, while it is shameful, it will be blown out of proportion with missing context. If desis like you failed to see it, pretty sure Canadians wouldn't fact check it either.
The Patels I have heard own most of the motel chains in the USA and a lot of restaurants. May be Mr.Patel from Canada supplies to them :cool::p

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
The Patels I have heard own most of the motel chains in the USA and a lot of restaurants. May be Mr.Patel from Canada supplies to them :cool::p
60% of all motel business to be precise. I was recently talking to someone who makes $2.5+/yr through motels alone. The economics, dedication and the unwillingness of Americans (and Canadians) to grind at these jobs have made them filthy rich. This is also true for GTA, where garbage management business is dominated by Punjabi folks too.

Very simple business model, buy a business like this: https://www.loopnet.com/biz/Business-Opportunity/priced-to-sell/2083235/ grind 70 hours/week for 2 years (they don't hire anyone here), get a cashflow and do a CMBS loan for another motel/liquor store/etc. They do it 3-4 times and then they retire. If they don't have money, they pool together in partnership of 2 or 3, which ensures compliance for CMBS and faster growth.

A very good example of opportunities for someone looking for it here.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
60% of all motel business to be precise. I was recently talking to someone who makes $2.5+/yr through motels alone. The economics, dedication and the unwillingness of Americans (and Canadians) to grind at these jobs have made them filthy rich. This is also true for GTA, where garbage management business is dominated by Punjabi folks too.

Very simple business model, buy a business like this: https://www.loopnet.com/biz/Business-Opportunity/priced-to-sell/2083235/ grind 70 hours/week for 2 years (they don't hire anyone here), get a cashflow and do a CMBS loan for another motel/liquor store/etc. They do it 3-4 times and then they retire. If they don't have money, they pool together in partnership of 2 or 3, which ensures compliance for CMBS and faster growth.

I believe you man, I swear my gujju landlord during uni was the thrifiest b@st@rd I ever met. He had a quota on how much aircon we (students) would get in a day and also he jacked up the laundry machine to 10$ per spin.

They were also Patels.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Have you heard about the Canadian water smuggling from BC to Washington :D?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Lord_Tony

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Lean operation does not even begin to describe the efficiency they pull off. Its genius actually. Because its a motel you can live in your business place! It reduces living expenses immensely.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay