+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 994371

If anyone here is planning to do a soft landing or has researched this topic, do you have any tips for it?

1. How to get your PR card if you have already returned to home country? Can you get it mailed to a PO box number?
2. What's the best city or province to do your soft landing if you are not from the US?
3. What formalities should one complete as part of soft-landing? PR Card, Social Insurance Number, what else?

Would appreciate any tips you have.

Reactions: RSub

neha_415

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
App. Filed.......
15-01-2021
AOR Received.
15-01-2021
Hi all.
Please need help.
I got an GU on 6th May, 2022. My medical got extended and my background check was changed FROM "WE ARE PROCESSING " TO YOUR APPLICATION IS IN PROGRESS". Does it means that my eligibility is passed? Also when can I expect ADR/PPR if any.
FSW O
AOR JAN 2021
VO LONDON

D

Deleted member 994371

If I were you, I'd do a soft landing and get that out of the way.

What if COVID goes wild again and we end up with another lockdown and CoPR expires???Lots of people found themselves in this predicament cos they decided to wait a while before landing, not envisaging a pandemic.

After all the headache and heartache of this process, I wouldn't take any chances.

The problem with soft-landing is it takes 4 months to get your PR card in the mail. Earlier it used to be just 2 weeks :(

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
what's the benefit ?
Its a lot bro. Indian rupee is decliing and it is expected to decline further. So we are able to send more money to India that what we would have saved working in India.

@stirredo Its good if you earn more than $100000 in Canada. Because you cannot save much in Canada if you earn less.

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
If anyone here is planning to do a soft landing or has researched this topic, do you have any tips for it?

1. How to get your PR card if you have already returned to home country? Can you get it mailed to a PO box number?
2. What's the best city or province to do your soft landing if you are not from the US?
3. What formalities should one complete as part of soft-landing? PR Card, Social Insurance Number, what else?

Would appreciate any tips you have.
1. PR Cards used to come to Canadian addresses two weeks after the landing, but that changed after the pandemic. The current waiting time for PR Cards is 96 days. Ideally, you need to wait for it while in Canada and leave Canada after getting it. You may leave Canada without waiting for the card and ask someone to send it to you via a courier service, but this is neither legal nor safe.
2. I'm not sure if there is a best city for Soft Landing. You can choose a city that offers direct flights to your home country for your convenience.
3. PR Card, Social Insurance Number, Provincial Health Card are must. Optionally, you may consider getting a phone number, a bank account, a Canadian driver's license while waiting.

However, I wouldn't recommend you to do a soft landing unless you have no other choice. It is costly, and there is no soft landing in Canadian immigration law. It is just an unofficial term used among immigrants. You might get in serious trouble if you tell the immigration officer at the border that you'll return to your home country after getting your PR card.

You'll have more than enough time on your visa to enter to Canada. Do a normal landing.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
The problem with soft-landing is it takes 4 months to get your PR card in the mail. Earlier it used to be just 2 weeks :(
True. But give a friends house address for PR card and leave the country. I am sure 1000’s of Indians travel from Canada every day or week, so ask someone to bring the card. Its way better than waiting to land a year later. End of the day, its your choice. Also, after soft landing and going to India, you can apply for PRTD that will give you a one time entry pass to enter Canada. PRTD processing is also late.. around 4 months.!!

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Its a lot bro. Indian rupee is decliing and it is expected to decline further. So we are able to send more money to India that what we would have saved working in India.

@stirredo Its good if you earn more than $100000 in Canada. Because you cannot save much in Canada if you earn less.
I wouldn't set such unrealistic wage expectations for Canada mate. Average wage in Canada is around 54.000CAD /a year.

In order to make 100.000 CAD yearly, your hourly rate should be at least 52 CAD. No one earns that money unless you're in a senior management position in a big corporation, or you're a brain surgeon, or a senior computer "engineer" who has remarkable coding skills.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
1. PR Cards used to come to Canadian addresses two weeks after the landing, but that changed after the pandemic. The current waiting time for PR Cards is 96 days. Ideally, you need to wait for it while in Canada and leave Canada after getting it. You may leave Canada without waiting for the card and ask someone to send it to you via a courier service, but this is neither legal nor safe.
2. I'm not sure if there is a best city for Soft Landing. You can choose a city that offers direct flights to your home country for your convenience.
3. PR Card, Social Insurance Number, Provincial Health Card are must. Optionally, you may consider getting a phone number, a bank account, a Canadian driver's license while waiting.

However, I wouldn't recommend you to do a soft landing unless you have no other choice. It is costly, and there is no soft landing in Canadian immigration law. It is just an unofficial term used among immigrants. You might get in serious trouble if you tell the immigration officer at the border that you'll return to your home country after getting your PR card.

You'll have more than enough time on your visa to enter to Canada. Do a normal landing.
And why do you think someone would be in serious trouble if he/she travels after receiving PR card ? Once you land and become PR, its absolutely an open ground in terms of mobility. No one can question you OR stop you from travelling to home country.

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
And why do you think someone would be in serious trouble if he/she travels after receiving PR card ? Once you land and become PR, its absolutely an open ground in terms of mobility. No one can question you OR stop you from travelling to home country.
I didn't say he would be in serious trouble if he travels after receiving the PR card. I said "You might get in serious trouble if you tell the immigration officer at the border that you'll return to your home country after getting your PR card." Even at the time of landing, you're still not a PR, and immigration officers have every right to send you back to your home country if they're not satisfied with your intentions, your available funds etc.

Therefore, I advised him to not to disclose his temporary intentions at the time of landing. One must have a permanent intention to reside in Canada at the time of landing.

Reactions: RSub

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I wouldn't set such unrealistic wage expectations for Canada mate. Average wage in Canada is around 54.000CAD /a year.

In order to make 100.000 CAD yearly, your hourly rate should be at least 52 CAD. No one earns that money unless you're in a senior management position in a big corporation, or you're a brain surgeon, or a senior computer "engineer" who has remarkable coding skills.
True. But, just wanted to tell him that one can save more if they earn more. In US, when one gets married, the taxes go down to 4%-6%. I guess its not the same case in Canada. @stirredo If you are still planning on marrying an Indian girl, make sure she is ready to work. It should compensate the low salary.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I didn't say he would be in serious trouble if he travels after receiving the PR card. I said "You might get in serious trouble if you tell the immigration officer at the border that you'll return to your home country after getting your PR card." Even at the time of landing, you're still not a PR, and immigration officers have every right to send you back to your home country if they're not satisfied with your intentions, your available funds etc.

Therefore, I advised him to not to disclose his temporary intentions at the time of landing. One must have a permanent intention to reside in Canada at the time of landing.

Again, I disagree a bit. There are many instances where officer could make out that applicants are landing only to activate PR. The only thing that can be a bit of issue is that officer wont raise a pr card.
Obviously no applicant would tell the intentions upfront. Also never heard that anyone was denied entry to Canada based on intentions to not to settle permanently.

mas1705

Mar 23, 2018
Hi, I renewed my passport while my PR file is in processing. What all should you send to IRCC via webform? Do I need to send all the stamped pages of the old passport again with the new passport's first and last page?
Thanks!

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Hi, I renewed my passport while my PR file is in processing. What all should you send to IRCC via webform? Do I need to send all the stamped pages of the old passport again with the new passport's first and last page?
Thanks!
Send the pages of the passport that has your information. If you have any visa stamps, do send that as well.

Reactions: mas1705 and Glaber
D

Deleted member 994371

If I have to do normal landing, I wish to do it next year. I wish to do a certification before I move.

It felt stupid just a month ago to expect a PR in my hand, so I didn't plan ahead after waiting for close to 2 years.

I am thinking next February/March first week when my CoPR expires mid of April. Everyone is saying it's too late and you shouldn't risk it that close to expiry date due to Corona or what not.

Ugh so much confusion. The winter months are useless for landing if you don't know anyone there.