+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<FSW Outland - June & July 2017 AOR - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

J-sun

Jul 24, 2017
Thank you very much Gurik for taking the time you explain in such detail about the whole process. I have a better understanding of what is going on with my file now. Awaiting second review at LVO. Do you guys think it may be a system glitch that my BGC is still at IP1? Has been for 61 days. Or maybe agent forgot to update?

Reactions: gurik

kumarusa

Jul 13, 2017
Finally the golden email has arrived!
After months of wait and anxiety!
Follow my timeline:
AOR is 30 june
Med 19 july
Bgc started 12 august
Additional doc requested 14 august
Ppr email: 28 september.

Anyone knows how long to receive passaport stamped after submiting?

Thank you and good luck to all!
Congrats.... Were your ever sent to NDVO..?

kumarusa

Jul 13, 2017
Hi there, I am assuming your a CEC applicant.
Are you inland or outland, if CEC-Outland then it is normal that your file is at NDVO, because your country of resident might be India at present, if CEC-inland then I must say this is a New, never seen any case before.
NDVO is slow mate, so be a bit prepared for some wait.
As to Medicals and eligibility, I think most likely your eligibility must have passed, but it always shows like this until you get a CoPR, so no worries there. For Medical no need to worry, as CEC applicants have got Medicals passed sometimes a day or two before PPR. So nothing worrisome here until and unless you have some medical concern of course.
You are in IP2, for CEC applicants IP2 starts quickly as their eligibility is checked mostly before criminality. Hence the IP2. And mostly the docs status "not needed" is only updated when your eligibility is Met at CIO or "recommended passed" at CPC Ottawa. So this is good news!
Most likely your criminality might be under check, and don't worry it takes few hours for them to clear it, so all seems good for you.
Your file is in final stages of processing, now its all on the mercy of Visa Officer on when he opens your file at NDVO and clears the final review on it.

To know specific details, order GCMS.
For instant answers, you can call CIC and ask specific questions regarding eligibility check, criminality checks, and due dates as to when your file is due to be opened by NDVO.

Good Luck:)
Thank you so much for your detail answer... appreciate the time :)
I am outland (in USA) but yes I worked in Canada earlier.
Around 20th Aug, I was asked for RCMP and I uploaded in two weeks later. Since then no change.

-thanks

debz1986

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Canada
Ok guys, I will try to explain to the best of my knowledge regarding what happens at LVOs (NDVO), bear with the lengthy post:p

The files which follow the CIO-LVO route go through following stages-

1) Medicals are passed at CIO, this happened around 20-30 days post AOR for June/July applicants. This is mostly the day the file is opened for the first time.

2)
Around the 1-2 day your medicals are cleared, your IP1 starts. On this day, a program assistant checks your file for preliminary R10 (documents completeness check) and criminality and forwards it to a senior Agent for final check. The program assistant writes his comments on the file, if all seems fine he will mention "recommended: pass", if there is some doubt he will mention "review required". After this AGENT checks the file again and passes R10 and criminality for good. For files stuck in long IP1s a review required could be cause of delay.

3)
Background check changes back to NA (NA2)- After the agent passes R10 and criminality, the BGC changes from IP1 to "not applicable" (NA2).
This might happen on the same day within an hour or might take few days, depending on case by case basis. So basically the medical pass, R10 pass and criminality pass are all done in a matter of 2-3 days if all is fine with the file.

4)
After this the file is put on hold for around 30-40 days at CIO. (NA2 phase).

5)
After 30-40 days in NA2, the file is opened again to check eligibility at CIO Sydney. The AGENT checks all the criteria for eligibility, FSW, CRS, Education, IELTS, Employment letter etc. If all seems good the Eligibility is Met. This all happens mostly in one day and the very same day file is transferred within seconds to the Local Visa Office, as the file is transferred the eligibility changes from "MET" to "Not started" again. This is the time when we get "not needed" in our additional docs section.
All the above 5 steps take place at CIO, so above are the checks that happen at CIO. So at CIO R10, criminality and primary Eligibility are done.

6) Now to LVO:-
After the file is at LVO, it depends completely on the concerned LVO and Visa Officer as to when they open your file, which might take from 15-100 days from transfer.
After someone opens your file at the LVO, your eligibility is checked again (this is when IP2 starts) (Eligibility is checked twice overall, once primary check at CIO and then again at LVO). Now it depends on the Visa Officer that if he chooses to rely on the CIO AGENT's check and passes eligibility by merely reviewing the old check, or he/she might chose to check the eligibility in detail again. Most Visa Officers go by the recommendation of the CIO AGENT and do this check as a mere formality, but some Visa Officers might do further verifications on Employment etc., or ask for additional docs, in case they find something doubtful or sometimes just random quality checks. So it all depends on the Visa Officer, once satisfied with this, the Visa Officer changes eligibility to "pass". The the Visa Officer checks and finalises the security and approves the file. After approval the file is sent to be issued a PPR.
So basically the eligibility is checked again and all other checks are reviewed and the file is approved at LVO. So its over all final review of the case, how deep a Visa Officer goes in the case to do that is completely his prerogative and his personal view of the case. All this might happen in a few hours, and might even take many days. Sometimes a file is opened and checked for few checks and the again closed, in such cases files keep on hanging until and unless the Visa Officer choses to come back and open it again. Sometimes some files are randomly chosen for security screening, which might delay files for many months. So these two reasons result in very long IP2s. Also some file have "review required" in Eligibility at CIO, those files also might go under serious checks by the Visa Officer, this might also delay a bit. So at LVO mostly, detailed second Eligibility check is done and passed, security is cleared and over all review of file is done and PPR issued.
Hence this is what happens at LVO. Basically guys, as long as your file is in NA, it most likely is gathering dust, no one is even looking at the file. For an ideal case with no complications, it takes maximum 4-5 actual working days per file. This is the actual time that is devoted to a file, rest of the days the file is just lying waiting for an officer to open and check it.

Sorry for the long post, I wanted to include as much detail of the process so that everyone actually knows what happens with our files.
This information is based on information from a number of GCMS Notes and history of previous cases. I claim to be no expert, so if someone has any further info please share or correct.
Thanks so much!! This was so helpful... so yup mine is been in NA2 for 53 days now and just gathering all the dust and lying aruond... sighhhh...

Reactions: gurik and MarinCa

dnlmuk87

Sep 18, 2017
ANy reas
New Delhi i think. Below mail i received today

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application. It is still within the regular processing times.

Furthermore, we can confirm that your file is currently located at a visa office outside Canada.

Because of the specific nature of your enquiry, we invite you to contact them directly in order to:

• Report important changes,
  • Provide documents,
  • Obtain information regarding the status of your application, or
  • Enquire on an outcome to a request.
on

Any reason to check on the visa office ????

Rravindran

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
AOR Received.
19-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
25-08-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed

Field Name: Eligibility
Met : 24/08/22017
Not Started: 25/08/2017 ( LVO transfer date)
Office: Centralized Intake Office

Sub-Activity/Activity Type: Selection-EE Econ
New Value: Not Started
Updated Date: 2017/08/25

ACTIVITY: 2
Sub-Activity/Activity Type: 11.2-EE Ml
Field Name: Status
New Value: Met
Updated Date: 2017/08/24

@gurik @legalfalcon @andy108 @All experts : Please share some thoughts on my GCMS notes please....UAE applicant with London Visa office.
My timeline's below on my signature

lushahz

Star Member
May 18, 2017
I am glad it helped mate:).
Which is your Visa Office?
I know nothing, as a representative is handling my case, but according to the screenshot on 25th September, I was in NA2. My AOR is 11th July while submission was on 10th July.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
I know nothing, as a representative is handling my case, but according to the screenshot on 25th September, I was in NA2. My AOR is 11th July while submission was on 10th July.
Okay, so if you are going through the CIO-LVO route your file must have been already transferred to LVO.
Wish you all the best mate and speedy PPR:)

Reactions: lushahz

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Thanks for the great post!
Can you maybe help me apply this info to my case:
Ive been stuck on NA2 for more than 2months now at CPC Ottawa apparently "in queue to be reviewed by an officer"?
But my doc status still says "being reviewed".
Does this mean I am still at step 5 and eligibility has not yet started?
Okay now, Ottawa is little bit different, although the file goes through same stages, i.e Eligibility is checked once by an agent and then by an officer, but at Ottawa for most cases the time between different checks is little bit less as compared to LVOs. And also for most cases at Ottawa the docs only change to "not needed" after the Visa Officer passes the Eligibility unlike at CIO. So nothing to worry.
Most likely you are at stage 5, and the agent has checked your eligibility and now file is waiting for an Officer to review all checks and finalise and approve. You have definitely passed R10 and criminality.
You can call CIC to know about your Eligibility check details to be sure, or best order GCMS notes. According to me your primary eligibility check is most likely done at this point. To be sure that whether that check result is passed or there is some review required, that can only be known through GCMS. As long as you think you provided them with everything correctly, most likely all will be good.
You are close to the end mate, it will all be fine. All the best:)

Reactions: Linda_G

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ok guys, I will try to explain to the best of my knowledge regarding what happens at LVOs (NDVO), bear with the lengthy post:p

The files which follow the CIO-LVO route go through following stages-

1) Medicals are passed at CIO, this happened around 20-30 days post AOR for June/July applicants. This is mostly the day the file is opened for the first time.
This is incorrect. The Medicals are done by Health Canada, which is a different federal agency than IRCC. IRCC only acts on the recommendation made by Health Canada. The timing of the medicals will depend on when the medical report was transmitted to IRCC by the panel physician of the applicant. If it was too early, it will keep sitting until the application is filed, if it was done closer to the application filing, it will take longer. For applicants who have health concerns, the medicals won't pass until later, but the application will proceed.

2)
Around the 1-2 day your medicals are cleared, your IP1 starts. On this day, a program assistant checks your file for preliminary R10 (documents completeness check) and criminality and forwards it to a senior Agent for final check. The program assistant writes his comments on the file, if all seems fine he will mention "recommended: pass", if there is some doubt he will mention "review required". After this AGENT checks the file again and passes R10 and criminality for good. For files stuck in long IP1s a review required could be cause of delay.
The program assistant does not do a review doing the R10 completeness check. The R10 is done by an agent, that is why you see R10 ***Agent Review*** in the GCMS notes as opposed to the two or there stage process for eligibility. Also for R10, no recommendation is made. The completeness check is done by the agent and either the applicant passes it or the application is rejected if any document is missing without any explanation in LoE. The recommended pass, review required is only for A11.2 eligibility.

3)
Background check changes back to NA (NA2)- After the agent passes R10 and criminality, the BGC changes from IP1 to "not applicable" (NA2).
This might happen on the same day within an hour or might take few days, depending on case by case basis. So basically the medical pass, R10 pass and criminality pass are all done in a matter of 2-3 days if all is fine with the file.
There is no corresponding link between the NA, IP etc and the stages of an application which are R10, criminality, eligibility etc. The NA IP etc is based merely on speculation and anecdotal evidence as it is impossible to find when the status changed and what happened during that time in the GCMs notes. For inland applicants the criminality may happen later after the RCMP PCC is filed. Also for applicants who have a LoE for a missing PCC, the criminality will be passed later, after eligibility starts.

4)
After this the file is put on hold for around 30-40 days at CIO. (NA2 phase).
Not necessarily. Many applicants receive PPR within 45 days post AoR and some keep lingering for months way past 6 months.

5)
After 30-40 days in NA2, the file is opened again to check eligibility at CIO Sydney. The AGENT checks all the criteria for eligibility, FSW, CRS, Education, IELTS, Employment letter etc. If all seems good the Eligibility is Met. This all happens mostly in one day and the very same day file is transferred within seconds to the Local Visa Office, as the file is transferred the eligibility changes from "MET" to "Not started" again. This is the time when we get "not needed" in our additional docs section.
All the above 5 steps take place at CIO, so above are the checks that happen at CIO. So at CIO R10, criminality and primary Eligibility are done.
The file transfer is done based on work load distribution and has no relevance as to which stage is cleared at which office. Not all applicants will see MET to not started. This is case specific. Initially applications were processed at CIO, CPO, CPC/LVO. However, recently this trend has changed and the files are distributed based on work load and area spoliation.

6) Now to LVO:-
After the file is at LVO, it depends completely on the concerned LVO and Visa Officer as to when they open your file, which might take from 15-100 days from transfer.
After someone opens your file at the LVO, your eligibility is checked again (this is when IP2 starts) (Eligibility is checked twice overall, once primary check at CIO and then again at LVO). Now it depends on the Visa Officer that if he chooses to rely on the CIO AGENT's check and passes eligibility by merely reviewing the old check, or he/she might chose to check the eligibility in detail again. Most Visa Officers go by the recommendation of the CIO AGENT and do this check as a mere formality, but some Visa Officers might do further verifications on Employment etc., or ask for additional docs, in case they find something doubtful or sometimes just random quality checks. So it all depends on the Visa Officer, once satisfied with this, the Visa Officer changes eligibility to "pass". The the Visa Officer checks and finalises the security and approves the file. After approval the file is sent to be issued a PPR.
So basically the eligibility is checked again and all other checks are reviewed and the file is approved at LVO. So its over all final review of the case, how deep a Visa Officer goes in the case to do that is completely his prerogative and his personal view of the case. All this might happen in a few hours, and might even take many days. Sometimes a file is opened and checked for few checks and the again closed, in such cases files keep on hanging until and unless the Visa Officer choses to come back and open it again. Sometimes some files are randomly chosen for security screening, which might delay files for many months. So these two reasons result in very long IP2s. Also some file have "review required" in Eligibility at CIO, those files also might go under serious checks by the Visa Officer, this might also delay a bit. So at LVO mostly, detailed second Eligibility check is done and passed, security is cleared and over all review of file is done and PPR issued.
Hence this is what happens at LVO. Basically guys, as long as your file is in NA, it most likely is gathering dust, no one is even looking at the file. For an ideal case with no complications, it takes maximum 4-5 actual working days per file. This is the actual time that is devoted to a file, rest of the days the file is just lying waiting for an officer to open and check it.

Sorry for the long post, I wanted to include as much detail of the process so that everyone actually knows what happens with our files.
This information is based on information from a number of GCMS Notes and history of previous cases. I claim to be no expert, so if someone has any further info please share or correct.
The process of monitoring a files based on IP, NA is flawed. Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the regulations, only list the following stages:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility
Security
To read more on the see - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

Also, please stop asking for which office your file is at, it does not matter. By sending emails to IRCC you are only burdening the human resources which can be used to process your file instead. All process or a change in status is a good sign, but it may not necessarily mean that a specific stage is passed. If that would be the case then, many applicants would not get PPR in what is called IP1 and others ill not keep lingering forever after NA2.

Either you can wait it out, or 30-45 days post AoR order GCMS notes. If your eligibility is passed, you are 95% through and the chances of an application rejection decrease considerably barring any unforeseen circumstance.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Thank you very much Gurik for taking the time you explain in such detail about the whole process. I have a better understanding of what is going on with my file now. Awaiting second review at LVO. Do you guys think it may be a system glitch that my BGC is still at IP1? Has been for 61 days. Or maybe agent forgot to update?
Yes it could be a system glitch, happens to some people.
To be sure you can call them and ask specifically regarding criminality and eligibility check, that will reassure you.
Good Luck:)

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
The process of monitoring a files based on IP, NA is flawed. Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the regulations, only list the following stages:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility
Security
To read more on the see - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

Also, please stop asking for which office your file is at, it does not matter. By sending emails to IRCC you are only burdening the human resources which can be used to process your file instead. All process or a change in status is a good sign, but it may not necessarily mean that a specific stage is passed. If that would be the case then, many applicants would not get PPR in what is called IP1 and others ill not keep lingering forever after NA2.

Either you can wait it out, or 30-45 days post AoR order GCMS notes. If your eligibility is passed, you are 95% through and the chances of an application rejection decrease considerably barring any unforeseen circumstance.
Thanks for the corrections in the post. Its always better to learn more and correct wrong info or something that might spread the wrong message:).

But I had few doubts, me and few of my friends, have R10 mentioned as "recommeded passed" under Program assistant review, under AGENT review its only mentioned R10 Ok and criminality passed, but under Program assistant review, it is mentioned in full detail as R10 "recommended passed" or "review required" in some. then criminality is also mentioned after that. Also the date the program assistant review mentioned is earlier then the agent review, so to me it seems that a program assistant checked the file before an agent? Can you please clarify that who has higher authority here, the program assistant and AGENT, because for my case my file was checked by both, the Program assistant had mentioned "review required" after R10 and criminality but the AGENT had passed both (of course R10 is OK not passed to be specific). Please clear this up, it will help me and others.
Thank you again.

For all other members of this thread, if someone misunderstood any part I would also like to clarify-

My post was only meant for FSW Outland applicants of June/July 2017 whose applications were first at CIO and then moved to LVO, this is strictly based on current trends and information from current GCMS notes and different people's experience and in no way reflects CIC working. Its just what most file goes through and is no way some official info regarding the process. I have always said in my earlier posts that no one, no one person can predict CIC working. Please read carefully I have specifically written "mostly", so it in no way applies to all cases just average normal cases. This is just an attempt to help us all go through the wait easily.
We all know the people whose files are being cleared in 20-80 days period are mostly all Ottawa cases. So this information in no way applies to that. For average cases its taking this much time, it definitely can be less or more, but as per current trends this is just an idea as to how much time it might take at CIO and in no way reflects CIC overall working in any way. Like legalfalcon pointed people can take less time also and more also.
Also Legalfalcon has like always, correctly pointed that medical is not passed by CIO. All I meant was that this update is done at CIO for average number of cases. From medical pass I simply mean when we get the update medical pass, I hope you guys understand.
Regarding the IP1, IP2, and NA2 these are just our ways of having some understanding of updates to our files. Again as our cherished member has correctly pointed, they can be wrong, have no relevance at times and might not even happen to some people (I am an example here so i know from my own experience). Yes there is no doubt that the data from many FSWO people suggests that IP1, NA and IP2 were initiated by the concerned authorities of CIC corresponding to certain checks being done, but this no clear and specific way to be sure of anything. Like I always say to be sure of knowing exactly what is happening to your case ,either order GCMS or call CIC, whichever suits you.
I am nowhere talking about any official working of CIC, I know nothing of it. I am in no way saying that this what happens to all applicants all the time. I would again say i am no expert.
IP1, IP2 etc are made up by us just to understand some stage in our minds about the application so i have tried to explain everything in that language corroborated from GCMS information. My post is based on my experience and is only for people looking for some random understanding of things, this no official information. Its just to calm our nerves and help in the wait:). This information is not some formal info, its just a discussion, so everyone is welcome to correct and share inputs:).

Wishing everyone the best:).

Last edited: