Finally the golden email has arrived!
After months of wait and anxiety!
Follow my timeline:
AOR is 30 june
Med 19 july
Bgc started 12 august
Additional doc requested 14 august
Ppr email: 28 september.

Anyone knows how long to receive passaport stamped after submiting?

Thank you and good luck to all!

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Finally the golden email has arrived!
After months of wait and anxiety!
Follow my timeline:
AOR is 30 june
Med 19 july
Bgc started 12 august
Additional doc requested 14 august
Ppr email: 28 september.

Anyone knows how long to receive passaport stamped after submiting?

Thank you and good luck to all!
Usually the average wait time is ~30 days from the day you submit your passport. Then again it differs from case to case and the load your LVO is taking as of now. Good luck.

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
Hi Scorpman21,

How do they acknowledge the receipt of PCC. I did not get any acknowledgement after I uploaded the PCC on September 4. And my BG status has also not changed to NA. Still says we will let you know when we start the background check.

Thank you.
Generally they send a mail confirming the receipt of the doc & forwarded to the concerned agent/officer. Earlier these acknowledgement mails came after about 20-25 Days. But off late, it has come down to about a week or so. Don't worry if you haven't received it yet. Did you notice any change in your ADR section from the time you uploaded PCC?

Scorpman21

May 12, 2017
Ohhh @Scorpman21 I think I missed reading about previous visa rejection being reason to send to LVO!!

My husband has student permit rejection from UK some 12-13 yrs back. He went via campus abroad and they messed it up once. Then he himself did it. Missed some documents and was rejected. So twice rejection but later he got the student permit, qualified for post graduate work permit and extension of pgwp. So I am hoping only scrutiny will be more coz of the rejections right? Thereby delay. Otherwise there wouldn't be any issues?
Hey SPV,
Nothing to worry here. And a previous Visa Rejection is just a speculated reason to be moved to a LVO. I would say this is foremost reason of being shipped to a LVO, as whenever this has been discussed on different threads/whatsapp groups, nearly 70% applicants have had a previous rejection.

The delay in processing is only because of the slow speed of LVO's than anything else.

Reactions: SPV and gurik

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Hi Gurik,

Thank you so much for the detailed response. I was also reading through the NDVO thread and got a little disappointed seeing that it is really slow in processing applications and people with April AOR are still waiting. Looks like I have to be mentally prepared to wait the full 6 months!
Yeah you are right my friend, it is a sad situation with NDVO, extremely low efficiency there.
But its better to be mentally prepared fro the six month wait, so anything before that will be a pleasant surprise!
Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst:)

Reactions: Scorpman21

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
@yewwy @gurik @Hirencool - thanks guys for your response... So i'm thinking i will email CIC next week to know my visa office as my doc status changed only yesterday. That gives them few days in case file not transferred yet. By the way does all file get transferred from CIO Sydney to NDVO or do ppl see it getting transferred to Blore and Chandigarh also? if yes, which office is better of the lot?
No its only NDVO for PR applications my friend. So most likely yours is already there:)

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Guys.... thank you for your time in this thread, it means a lot!!
My AOR is July 18th.
Received RCMP request and uploaded 10 days back (Sep 17).
Current status is following, same since August 24th. Looks IP2 but medical and eligibility have not changed so I am confused.

Yesterday CIC email response states that my file is getting processed at NDVO..... I am completely clueless why it went to NDVO and how much time it may take to process further...

Does anyone know what is this and what happened next.... appreciate your time here...

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help
Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help
Review of medical results
We are reviewing the results of your medical exam. Help
Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents. Help
Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help
Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Hi there, I am assuming your a CEC applicant.
Are you inland or outland, if CEC-Outland then it is normal that your file is at NDVO, because your country of resident might be India at present, if CEC-inland then I must say this is a New, never seen any case before.
NDVO is slow mate, so be a bit prepared for some wait.
As to Medicals and eligibility, I think most likely your eligibility must have passed, but it always shows like this until you get a CoPR, so no worries there. For Medical no need to worry, as CEC applicants have got Medicals passed sometimes a day or two before PPR. So nothing worrisome here until and unless you have some medical concern of course.
You are in IP2, for CEC applicants IP2 starts quickly as their eligibility is checked mostly before criminality. Hence the IP2. And mostly the docs status "not needed" is only updated when your eligibility is Met at CIO or "recommended passed" at CPC Ottawa. So this is good news!
Most likely your criminality might be under check, and don't worry it takes few hours for them to clear it, so all seems good for you.
Your file is in final stages of processing, now its all on the mercy of Visa Officer on when he opens your file at NDVO and clears the final review on it.

To know specific details, order GCMS.
For instant answers, you can call CIC and ask specific questions regarding eligibility check, criminality checks, and due dates as to when your file is due to be opened by NDVO.

Good Luck:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Scorpman21

debz1986

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Canada
No its only NDVO for PR applications my friend. So most likely yours is already there:)
What happens in NDVO? Like I'm in NA2 now and as per conversation with CIC agent last week, I have passed meds, criminality and R10 and eligibility had not yet started. Will NDVO do the whole checks from starting again or just do whatever is left?

J-sun

Jul 24, 2017
Thank you for the question debt. I will like to know the same thing .please anyone with answers please help! What happens at the LVO? There are conflicting views on this issue. Some say if you file is at LVO you have cleared eligibility, criminality, ans security and the LVO will only do a final check, go over notes and issue PPR. Can anyone confirm is this is true or false? From what debt said she is already at NDVO and eligibility has not yet started. Does this mean it's the LVO to do the eligibility review? I was hoping that once we get to LVO we have at least cleared eligibility? My file is at LVO , AOR 18 July, BG IP1, Documents : We do not need any documents. I am dying to know what is going on now. Please anyone? Maybe those who ordered GCMS notes during this stage? Hopefully? Sorry for the long post people but I would realy appreciate your jnputs

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
What happens in NDVO? Like I'm in NA2 now and as per conversation with CIC agent last week, I have passed meds, criminality and R10 and eligibility had not yet started. Will NDVO do the whole checks from starting again or just do whatever is left?
Thank you for the question debt. I will like to know the same thing .please anyone with answers please help! What happens at the LVO? There are conflicting views on this issue. Some say if you file is at LVO you have cleared eligibility, criminality, ans security and the LVO will only do a final check, go over notes and issue PPR. Can anyone confirm is this is true or false? From what debt said she is already at NDVO and eligibility has not yet started. Does this mean it's the LVO to do the eligibility review? I was hoping that once we get to LVO we have at least cleared eligibility? My file is at LVO , AOR 18 July, BG IP1, Documents : We do not need any documents. I am dying to know what is going on now. Please anyone? Maybe those who ordered GCMS notes during this stage? Hopefully? Sorry for the long post people but I would realy appreciate your jnputs
Ok guys, I will try to explain to the best of my knowledge regarding what happens at LVOs (NDVO), bear with the lengthy post:p

The files which follow the CIO-LVO route go through following stages-

1) Medicals are passed at CIO, this happened around 20-30 days post AOR for June/July applicants. This is mostly the day the file is opened for the first time.

2)
Around the 1-2 day your medicals are cleared, your IP1 starts. On this day, a program assistant checks your file for preliminary R10 (documents completeness check) and criminality and forwards it to a senior Agent for final check. The program assistant writes his comments on the file, if all seems fine he will mention "recommended: pass", if there is some doubt he will mention "review required". After this AGENT checks the file again and passes R10 and criminality for good. For files stuck in long IP1s a review required could be cause of delay.

3)
Background check changes back to NA (NA2)- After the agent passes R10 and criminality, the BGC changes from IP1 to "not applicable" (NA2).
This might happen on the same day within an hour or might take few days, depending on case by case basis. So basically the medical pass, R10 pass and criminality pass are all done in a matter of 2-3 days if all is fine with the file.

4)
After this the file is put on hold for around 30-40 days at CIO. (NA2 phase).

5)
After 30-40 days in NA2, the file is opened again to check eligibility at CIO Sydney. The AGENT checks all the criteria for eligibility, FSW, CRS, Education, IELTS, Employment letter etc. If all seems good the Eligibility is Met. This all happens mostly in one day and the very same day file is transferred within seconds to the Local Visa Office, as the file is transferred the eligibility changes from "MET" to "Not started" again. This is the time when we get "not needed" in our additional docs section.
All the above 5 steps take place at CIO, so above are the checks that happen at CIO. So at CIO R10, criminality and primary Eligibility are done.

6) Now to LVO:-
After the file is at LVO, it depends completely on the concerned LVO and Visa Officer as to when they open your file, which might take from 15-100 days from transfer.
After someone opens your file at the LVO, your eligibility is checked again (this is when IP2 starts) (Eligibility is checked twice overall, once primary check at CIO and then again at LVO). Now it depends on the Visa Officer that if he chooses to rely on the CIO AGENT's check and passes eligibility by merely reviewing the old check, or he/she might chose to check the eligibility in detail again. Most Visa Officers go by the recommendation of the CIO AGENT and do this check as a mere formality, but some Visa Officers might do further verifications on Employment etc., or ask for additional docs, in case they find something doubtful or sometimes just random quality checks. So it all depends on the Visa Officer, once satisfied with this, the Visa Officer changes eligibility to "pass". The the Visa Officer checks and finalises the security and approves the file. After approval the file is sent to be issued a PPR.
So basically the eligibility is checked again and all other checks are reviewed and the file is approved at LVO. So its over all final review of the case, how deep a Visa Officer goes in the case to do that is completely his prerogative and his personal view of the case. All this might happen in a few hours, and might even take many days. Sometimes a file is opened and checked for few checks and the again closed, in such cases files keep on hanging until and unless the Visa Officer choses to come back and open it again. Sometimes some files are randomly chosen for security screening, which might delay files for many months. So these two reasons result in very long IP2s. Also some file have "review required" in Eligibility at CIO, those files also might go under serious checks by the Visa Officer, this might also delay a bit. So at LVO mostly, detailed second Eligibility check is done and passed, security is cleared and over all review of file is done and PPR issued.
Hence this is what happens at LVO. Basically guys, as long as your file is in NA, it most likely is gathering dust, no one is even looking at the file. For an ideal case with no complications, it takes maximum 4-5 actual working days per file. This is the actual time that is devoted to a file, rest of the days the file is just lying waiting for an officer to open and check it.

Sorry for the long post, I wanted to include as much detail of the process so that everyone actually knows what happens with our files.
This information is based on information from a number of GCMS Notes and history of previous cases. I claim to be no expert, so if someone has any further info please share or correct.

Last edited:

lushahz

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Ok guys, I will try to explain to the best of my knowledge regarding what happens at LVOs (NDVO), bear with the lengthy post:p

1) Medicals are passed at CIO, this happened around 20-30 days post AOR for June/July applicants. This is mostly the day the file is opened for the first time.

2)
Around the 1-2 day your medicals are cleared, your IP1 starts. On this day, a program assistant checks your file for preliminary R10 (documents completeness check) and criminality and forwards it to a senior Agent for final check. The program assistant writes his comments on the file, if all seems fine he will mention "recommended: pass", if there is some doubt he will mention "review required". After this AGENT checks the file again and passes R10 and criminality for good. For files stuck in long IP1s a review required could be cause of delay.

3)
Background check changes back to NA (NA2)- After the agent passes R10 and criminality, the BGC changes from IP1 to "not applicable" (NA2).
This might happen on the same day within an hour or might take few days, depending on case by case basis. So basically the medical pass, R10 pass and criminality pass are all done in a matter of 2-3 days if all is fine with the file.

4)

5)
After 30-40 days in NA2, the file is opened again to check eligibility at CIO Sydney. The AGENT checks all the criteria for eligibility, FSW, CRS, Education, IELTS, Employment letter etc. If all seems good the Eligibility is Met. This all happens mostly in one day and the very same day file is transferred within seconds to the Local Visa Office, as the file is transferred the eligibility changes from "MET" to "Not started" again. This is the time when we get "not needed" in our additional docs section.
All the above 5 steps take place at CIO, so above are the checks that happen at CIO. So at CIO R10, criminality and primary Eligibility are done.

After the file is at LVO, it depends completely on the concerned LVO and Visa Officer as to when the open your file, which might take from 15-100 days from transfer.
After someone opens your file at the LVO, your eligibility is checked again (this is when IP2 starts) (Eligibility is checked twice overall, once primary check at CIO and then again at LVO). Now it depends on the Visa Officer that if he chooses to rely on the CIO AGENT's check and passes eligibility by merely reviewing the old check, or he/she might chose to check the eligibility in detail again. Most Visa Officers go by the recommendation of the CIO AGENT and do this check as a mere formality, but some Visa Officers might do further verifications on Employment etc., or ask for additional docs, in case they find something doubtful or sometimes just random quality checks. So it all depends on the Visa Officer, once satisfied with this, the Visa Officer changes eligibility to "pass". The the Visa Officer checks and finalises the security and approves the file. After approval the file is sent to be issued a PPR.
So basically the eligibility is checked again and all other checks are reviewed and the file is approved at LVO. So its over all final review of the case, how deep a Visa Officer goes in the case to do that is completely his prerogative and his personal view of the case. All this might happen in a few hours, and might even take many days. Sometimes a file is opened and checked for few checks and the again closed, in such cases files keep on hanging until and unless the Visa Officer choses to come back and open it again. Sometimes some files are randomly chosen for security screening, which might delay files for many months. So these two reasons result in very long IP2s. Also some file have "review required" in Eligibility at CIO, those files also might go under serious checks by the Visa Officer, this might also delay a bit. So at LVO mostly detailed second Eligibility check is done and passed, security is cleared and over all review of file is done and PPR issued.
Hence this is what happens at LVO. Basically guys as long as your file is in NA, it most likely is gathering dust, no one is even looking at the file. For an ideal case with no complications, it takes maximum 4-5 actual working days per file. This is the actual time that is devoted to a file, rest of the days the file is just lying waiting for an officer to open and check it.

Sorry for the long post, I wanted to include as much detail of the process so that everyone actually knows what happens with our files.
This information is based on information from a number of GCMS Notes and history of previous cases. I claim to be no expert, so if someone has any further info please share or correct.
Thanks for the superb post.

Reactions: gurik

Linda_G

Star Member
Aug 28, 2017

2)

3)

4)

5)

After the file is at LVO, it depends completely on the concerned LVO and Visa Officer as to when they open your file, which might take from 15-100 days from transfer.
So basically the eligibility is checked again and all other checks are reviewed and the file is approved at LVO. So its over all final review of the case, how deep a Visa Officer goes in the case to do that is completely his prerogative and his personal view of the case. All this might happen in a few hours, and might even take many days. Sometimes a file is opened and checked for few checks and the again closed, in such cases files keep on hanging until and unless the Visa Officer choses to come back and open it again. Sometimes some files are randomly chosen for security screening, which might delay files for many months. So these two reasons result in very long IP2s. Also some file have "review required" in Eligibility at CIO, those files also might go under serious checks by the Visa Officer, this might also delay a bit. So at LVO mostly, detailed second Eligibility check is done and passed, security is cleared and over all review of file is done and PPR issued.
Hence this is what happens at LVO. Basically guys, as long as your file is in NA, it most likely is gathering dust, no one is even looking at the file. For an ideal case with no complications, it takes maximum 4-5 actual working days per file. This is the actual time that is devoted to a file, rest of the days the file is just lying waiting for an officer to open and check it.

Thanks for the great post!
Can you maybe help me apply this info to my case:
Ive been stuck on NA2 for more than 2months now at CPC Ottawa apparently "in queue to be reviewed by an officer"?
But my doc status still says "being reviewed".
Does this mean I am still at step 5 and eligibility has not yet started?

Reactions: gurik