+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<FSW Outland - April & May 2017 AOR - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

shrik_14

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
The only reason people use RPRF as some kind of a marker is because the assumption is that they will ask for RPRF only once you clear your A11.2 eligibility. The logic being that they will not ask for RPRF unless you have passed eligibility or else it doesn't make sense to take the money and refund it. However, RPRF doesn't necessarily mean that you are very close to PPR since there is still background check which includes checking through personal history, security etc. Most people are getting from NA to IP2 in 30 to 40 days. So RPRF will come sometime in this 40 day window period.
i am currently in day 48 since AOR and BG is in NA. So do you mean to say that it will likely change to IP2 around the 80 day mark?

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
i am currently in day 48 since AOR and BG is in NA. So do you mean to say that it will likely change to IP2 around the 80 day mark?
I am currently on day 85 and 22 days since medical pass. I am hoping to move to IP2 within another 2 weeks. Lets see!

Reactions: shrik_14

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Also, the 30 to 40 days between NA and IP2 seems to be trend for people who passed medical late - the ones who passed medical after day 60. For people passing medicals earlier, it might take longer. PPR is issued at an average between day 85 and day 115 from AOR date on the tracker. Some take longer too.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
oh ok. so looks like i cant expect any change in status for atleast another 2 months.
I think end of August or start of September for you. But then again, its CIC so who knows!

Reactions: shrik_14

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Aor 18 april,medicals passed around 17 june background na since 22 or 23 june not sure
Cool. So you are a just week to 10 days behind me on timelines.

Reactions: Wolverine17

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I am waiting for the ip2 or at least anything to comfort me that eligibility passed
My CSE got updated. Besides that, NOTHING has changed for the last 21 days after NA.

RakeshTaranath

Mar 2, 2017
One quick question , if the experience is for 3 years spread across 3 differebc
This is looks definitive , it helps a lot. Thanks a tonne for taking time out.
To clarify things and remove all ambiguity, here is how things happen:

We have to understand "Eligibility" and "CRS" score. Eligibility is program specific. Programs are under which an applicant applies and qualifies, like FSW, PNP, CEC etc. For FSW, the required points is 67 and the maximum an applicant can get is 100. For FSW see <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp>

Now goes the CRS score, which is the overall score an applicant gents and is ranked in the pool. When an ITA is issued, the applicant has to ensure that he remains over the ITA cut-off. If the applicant falls under the ITA but off score, the application will be rejected. <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp>

An applicant not only meet the minimum ITA score, the applicant also has to meet the program requirement. It is the combination of both the factors. This is why when many applicants make a profile, they get a message that they do not meet the program requirements, even though they may have a high CRS score. For the FSW, there are 6 factors that are taken into consideration and each have a minimum requirement. See the link above.

Now lets come to the NOC and work experience:

For the work experience under FSW, IRCC states:

The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011 [R75(2)(a)].

The applicant’s skilled work experience must also

• have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
  • not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.

In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].
Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

A simple interpretation of this states that an applicant applying under the FSW has to have at least 1 year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience under the NOC they have selected.
An applicant can combine 2 or more than 2 NOCs for the work experience requirement, however, 1 year has to be in one NOC.

Now if an applicant has over 3 years of work experience, his CRS score for foreign work is maxed out (
Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher) - <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp>

However, for the FSW program eligibility the score is maxed out at 6 or more years at 15 points. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

In conclusion, you only have to meet the program requirement, but keep your CRS score above the minimum ITA score of the round you were invited in. If IRCC does not consider one of your work experiences because you entered a wrong NOC code, see if you still meet the FSW program eligibility, and if it impacts your CRS score. If you meet the program eligibility and also have the CRS score over the cut off, you need not send a CSE. If you do send a CSE changing your NOC code, it will depend on the agent evaluating your application if he accepts it or not.

Even if your application is rejected, you can re-file.

Hope this helps!

@legalfalcon

Do you think the below letter to CSE is good enough or should add / remove something?

// Dear Ma’am / Sir,

Subject:-Incorrect NOC Code Selection, request for consideration.

NOC Code for the below Work Experience is incorrectly filed by me as ‘NOC 2171 – Information Systems Analysts and Consultants’ in my Express Entry profile. Whereas the appropriate NOC code should have been filed as ‘NOC – 2281 Computer network technicians’ going by the roles and responsibilities that I handled & delivered with the concerned employer.

Concerned Work Experience details: -

Filed NOC Code (Incorrect): - 2171 - Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
Job Title: - Technology Analyst
Employer/Company Name: - xxx
Country/territory: - India
Period of employment: - xxx

I realized this on 9th July 2017 and I want to immediately bring it to the attention of the Case officers handling my case. I & my wife are steadfast to our believes in contributing to the society we live in a meaningful and honest way, I regret having made a mistake & error in judgement on such a critical information. My sincere apologies for having caused this inconvenience. I leave it to the good judgment of the case office as to how this discrepancy from my side is handled.

Best regards,

Rakesh D Taranath

Email – xxx | ph no. - xxx //