17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I used this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

And I got 75 points with 2.5 years experienced (Actual Primary NOC). So I guess I am still illegible on re-calculation? Threshold is 67 points. And my CRS will not get affected because I can mix and match other NOC codes as long as it is in the same skill level.

Do you thing writing to CSE will make a good case for me?

Language - CLB 9 - 24 pts
Education - Bachelor Degree in Engineering - 23 pts
Experience - 2.5 yrs in primary NOC - 11 pts
Age - 33 yrs - 12 pts
Adaptability:-
Spouce IELTS - 5

Total - 75 pts
To clarify things and remove all ambiguity, here is how things happen:

We have to understand "Eligibility" and "CRS" score. Eligibility is program specific. Programs are under which an applicant applies and qualifies, like FSW, PNP, CEC etc. For FSW, the required points is 67 and the maximum an applicant can get is 100. For FSW see <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp>

Now goes the CRS score, which is the overall score an applicant gents and is ranked in the pool. When an ITA is issued, the applicant has to ensure that he remains over the ITA cut-off. If the applicant falls under the ITA but off score, the application will be rejected. <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp>

An applicant not only meet the minimum ITA score, the applicant also has to meet the program requirement. It is the combination of both the factors. This is why when many applicants make a profile, they get a message that they do not meet the program requirements, even though they may have a high CRS score. For the FSW, there are 6 factors that are taken into consideration and each have a minimum requirement. See the link above.

Now lets come to the NOC and work experience:

For the work experience under FSW, IRCC states:

The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011 [R75(2)(a)].

The applicant’s skilled work experience must also

• have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
  • not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.

In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].
Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

A simple interpretation of this states that an applicant applying under the FSW has to have at least 1 year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience under the NOC they have selected.
An applicant can combine 2 or more than 2 NOCs for the work experience requirement, however, 1 year has to be in one NOC.

Now if an applicant has over 3 years of work experience, his CRS score for foreign work is maxed out (
Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher) - <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp>

However, for the FSW program eligibility the score is maxed out at 6 or more years at 15 points. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

In conclusion, you only have to meet the program requirement, but keep your CRS score above the minimum ITA score of the round you were invited in. If IRCC does not consider one of your work experiences because you entered a wrong NOC code, see if you still meet the FSW program eligibility, and if it impacts your CRS score. If you meet the program eligibility and also have the CRS score over the cut off, you need not send a CSE. If you do send a CSE changing your NOC code, it will depend on the agent evaluating your application if he accepts it or not.

Even if your application is rejected, you can re-file.

Hope this helps!

RakeshTaranath

Mar 2, 2017
Yes, I am thinking about submitting the CSE form, telling the case office that I made a mistake or an error in judgement in selecting a wrong NOC code in my express entry profile for the roles/responsibilities stated in my work experience letter.

We have to understand "Eligibility" and "CRS" score. Eligibility is program specific. Programs are under which an applicant applies and qualifies, like FSW, PNP, CEC etc. For FSW, the required points is 67 and the maximum an applicant can get is 100. For FSW see <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp>

Now goes the CRS score, which is the overall score an applicant gents and is ranked in the pool. When an ITA is issued, the applicant has to ensure that he remains over the ITA cut-off. If the applicant falls under the ITA but off score, the application will be rejected. <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp>

An applicant not only meet the minimum ITA score, the applicant also has to meet the program requirement. It is the combination of both the factors. This is why when many applicants make a profile, they get a message that they do not meet the program requirements, even though they may have a high CRS score. For the FSW, there are 6 factors that are taken into consideration and each have a minimum requirement. See the link above.

The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2011 [R75(2)(a)].

• have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].
Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

A simple interpretation of this states that an applicant applying under the FSW has to have at least 1 year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience under the NOC they have selected.
An applicant can combine 2 or more than 2 NOCs for the work experience requirement, however, 1 year has to be in one NOC.

Now if an applicant has over 3 years of work experience, his CRS score for foreign work is maxed out (
Canadian Language Benchmark Level [CLB] 7 or higher) - <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp>

However, for the FSW program eligibility the score is maxed out at 6 or more years at 15 points. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

In conclusion, you only have to meet the program requirement, but keep your CRS score above the minimum ITA score of the round you were invited in. If IRCC does not consider one of your work experiences because you entered a wrong NOC code, see if you still meet the FSW program eligibility, and if it impacts your CRS score. If you meet the program eligibility and also have the CRS score over the cut off, you need not send a CSE. If you do send a CSE changing your NOC code, it will depend on the agent evaluating your application if he accepts it or not.

Hope this helps!

This is looks definitive , it helps a lot. Thanks a tonne for taking time out.

One quick hypothetical, if 3 yrs work experience is spread across 3 different NOC codes will that impact the CRS?

Last edited:

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017

Hope this helps!

Well Said. Crystal clear.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Guys do you have a hyphen in your uci?? Because i dont have any and was asked to write mine in the getgcms notes request,my uci is continous

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Guys do you have a hyphen in your uci?? Because i dont have any and was asked to write mine in the getgcms notes request,my uci is continous
The old ones have hyphens. Mine was like xxxx-xxxx on my student visa from early 2000. However, the hyphen is gone now when I check my application status. So I guess the hyphen is not relevant anymore.

Reactions: Wolverine17

Bayparc

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Hi Guys & ladies,
I hope there is no one on this forum that chose Quebec as their destination of preferred settlement when filling their PR form because I just read that someone got rejected for that.
He / She got rejected as the officer stated that FSW does not apply to Quebec.

Reactions: KiranK

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hi Guys & ladies,
I hope there is no one on this forum that chose Quebec as their destination of preferred settlement when filling their PR form because I just read that someone got rejected for that.
He / She got rejected as the officer stated that FSW does not apply to Quebec.
I saw that and dont even remember where i was asked to choose that anyways

Sulay8961

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
London Visa office
It lasts from few hours to 7-10 days, varies for each candidate. Only way to know is keep checking account regularly (maybe twice a day).
Trust me I check my profile about 10 times a day. The site is on remember password so it makes logging in much easier

Reactions: KiranK

Sulay8961

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
London Visa office
Well I have been keeping a close eye on the people who got PPR . Most(if not all) have NOT paid RPRF upfront. I think the payment of RPRF generates some sort of flag which brings the application to the notice of IRCC agent. After seeing that the payment has been made the agent updates the appication status to IP2. (Just an assumption)

Now some of you might argue that paying RPRF upfront or not does not make any difference to the speed of application processing. That might also be true but the important thing is that when a person receives RPRF request , he/she is going through one additional step which puts the mind at ease as some progress is happening on the file.

At the end there might be only be a difference of couple of days but I still think that paying RPRF was a bad move. I have been in NA for 25 days now and every day is getting longer and longer.
I doubt paying RPRF upfront puts an application at a disadvantage. I do agree with you that it gives you peace of mind if you haven't paid for it upfront and it is requested. It serves as a marker. What we all have to do is wait. nothing else we can do really. The time frame is six months. Hopefully we all get through the process sooner than later

Sulay8961

May 28, 2017
Visa Office......
London Visa office
AOR - April 3
Meds Passed - June 6
BG in progress - June 6
BG NA - June 7
RPrf request - June 14
Addl documents requested - June 14
Addl docs uploaded (RpRF) - June 18
Addl docs reviewed - June 19

No further updates.
what were additional documents requested? if you don't mind sharing. Thanks

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
No, i think its a good decision. I will tell you why.

One of the candidate applied for his GCMS Notes. After reviewing the notes, he states QUOTE There was some stupid thing in it UNQOTE.

The candidate reviewed the GCMS notes, the entire 180 pages of notes, everything was passed, but there was no mention of security check.

He called CIC for clarity. They told him the Visa Officer marked his file approved without security check and the file went for finalization and the COPR was issued.

Fortunately they found the error and cancelled the COPR and then reopened the file.

The agent from CIC who he was speaking with said it was blessing in disguise for the candidate. Because, had he reached Canada with the initial COPR, the Visa Officer in Canada could have found out the security check was not done and things would be dicey.

The above incident is an eye opener for me.

Even if I get a PPR, I m definitely ordering GCMS notes, just to be sure.
Brrr another scary story, thanks for sharing :) (y)

Reactions: gurik and KiranK

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
First was after medicals passed i guess around 2 weeks ago 2nd just a few days back
That could be because it's holiday time in Canada. July 1 was Canada independence day and they have holiday on July 3 for that. Support centers might be lean on staff too considering that this is summer and holiday time. You could give a few days and email them again

Reactions: Unusual and Zoide