+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

<<<<<FSW Outland - April & May 2017 AOR - Lets Connect Here>>>>>

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
It hasn't changed yet and I was starting to get a bit worried but when I asked on the forum someone said his took about 11 days. so I am hoping for some positive changes this week.
or would you know why there could be a delay?
No, its no problem at all, its normal. lets wait and see.

Reactions: Bayparc

Bayparc

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-05-2017
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
I like how everyone is referencing @KiranK as ma'am ;) Jokes apart, shes an asset to the forum :)
not just @KiranK. The Ma'am also include @astrasource & @gurik.
Those are the Ma'am our radar has identified so far. Even though the radar wasn't strong at all. Hahahaha

RakeshTaranath

Mar 2, 2017
Okay i am well aware of the information you mentioned but , i think the experience you are claiming points for, should be in your primary NOC (on which you have based your application). It is clearly stated there that skilled experience in last 10 years should be in ONE OCCUPATION only.
Also you have not answered the question that i asked you, what information regarding NOCs you filled in pre ITA form, did you mentioned incorrect NOCs there also?,if not then all is good with a CSE, if not then i think CSE will not be that strong, that is the issue here in my opinion.
@astralsource , @johnsyk, and @gurik , please study this case thoroughly and reply, am i wrong about the primary NOC here? I don't want to misguide anyone, Please reply.
Okay i am well aware of the information you mentioned but , i think the experience you are claiming points for, should be in your primary NOC (on which you have based your application). It is clearly stated there that skilled experience in last 10 years should be in ONE OCCUPATION only, but you have chosen your primary NOC as 2171 (with 2.5 year experience) and you are claiming points for another occupation 2281 (4 year) here. In my opinion (based on my study ), this experience cannot be combination of 2 different NOCs, it should be in one NOC that is your primary NOC.

Also you have not answered the question that i asked you, what information regarding NOCs you filled in pre ITA form, did you mentioned incorrect NOCs there also?,if not then all is good with a CSE, if not then i think CSE will not be that strong, that is the issue here in my opinion.
@astralsource , @johnsyk, and @gurik , please study this case thoroughly and reply, am i wrong about the primary NOC here? I don't want to misguide anyone, Please reply.
P.S-I am no legal expert, I maybe wrong here, Let's wait for others.
Per-ITA form NOC is incorrect. You cannot select the NOC in e-AOR / PR application anyway the EE application gets locked after acepting ITA.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Per-ITA form NOC is incorrect. You cannot select the NOC in e-AOR / PR application anyway the EE application gets locked after acepting ITA.
That was what i was referring to all along. yes you cannot change it, but one can send wrong documents pertaining to it, that is what i meant there.
And yes, I researched the forum again, multiple NOCs can add up for CRS calculation, so i was wrong there.
But in under FSW you will get points only for primary NOC.
Sometimes i don't know what CIC is playing at, they are so stringent about your NOC matching job duties, if only occupation type matters then why pester us with so much details, just ask us to chose type A.0 or B under which it falls, provide proof of same, it will make life easier for everyone. The way they are going they should simply make it, if you are educated and have decent job, please come to canada, why reject applications based on minor details then. They don't need education to match job, neither single skilled NOC. etc. This system has many loopholes.

As to your problem now, that was what i was asking all along, you have mentioned incorrect details in EE file and received ITA on those. You can send a CSE to ask them to correct your NOC.
@johnsyk?

Last edited:
Reactions: gurik

RakeshTaranath

Mar 2, 2017
That was what i was referring to all along. yes you cannot change it, but one can send wrong documents pertaining to it, that is what i meant there.
And yes, I researched the forum again, multiple NOCs can add up for CRS calculation, so i was wrong there.
Sometimes i don't know what CIC is playing at, they are so stringent about your NOC matching job duties, if only occupation type matters then why pester us with so much details, just ask us to chose type A.0 or B under which it falls, provide proof of same, it will make life easier for everyone. The way they are going they should simply make it, if you are educated and have decent job, please come to canada, why reject applications based on minor details then. They don't need education to match job, neither single skilled NOC. etc. This system has many loopholes.

As to your problem now, that was what i was asking all along, you have mentioned incorrect details in EE file and received ITA on those. You can send a CSE to ask them to correct your NOC.
@johnsyk?
Thanks for your patients in trying to help me, really appreciate it. I have one quick question regarding what you said "But in under FSW you will get points only for primary NOC." where do you get this information from?

Reactions: KiranK and gurik

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I haven't read through this case extensively. All I can say is this.

1 - Maximum points can be claimed for up to 3 years. You get no additional points in CRS for anything more than 3 years. Up to 6 years can be claimed for the FSW 67 points needed to qualify for express entry. However assuming your crossed that threshold, you can only get points max for 3 years.
2 - For CRS, mix and match of NOC works. For FSW eligibility, you have to choose experience gained under a single NOC - that scale maxes out at 15 points for 6+ years of experience. Under EE, this is termed Primary NOC. So your primary NOC experience determines your program eligibility (in part) while for CRS purposes, you can have other NOCs as well provided they are 0/A/B and acquired within last 10 years.
3 - The NOC should match the work experience. It need not be point by point but it should overall match the spirit of the profession.
4 - If you made an error in NOC and it does not match and if you claimed points for it, and once the VO re-calculates it and it falls below the threshold of the draw points when you are invited, you will be rejected.
5 - You can try a CSE. No guarantee it will be considered.

This is what I know - Based on the best of my knowledge.

Reactions: KiranK and gurik

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other

@johnsyk?

Yes, multiple NOCs add up to 3 year experience, seems illogical in a way (as they themselves mention one occupation but then give points for multiple, for example- a Doctor and Engineer are different occupations, they should have mentioned occupation type over there, well its CIC and they do this all the time, but either way it is true. My experience so far has taught me there is nothing hard and fast with CIC.

You were correct about him filling wrong information in EE profile., to which he just confirmed. He didn't articulated his question well there, he must have mentioned that wrong information filled in EE and that he wished to change it Post ITA. His post made it look like he made some mistake afterwards. Although his CRS will not be affected in anyway nor does FSW eligibility is affected by this mistake of his. But CIC is known to reject files for such mistakes, so its better if he sends a CSE along with LOE and get his information corrected ASAP.

Reactions: KiranK

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
A person cannot be a doctor and an engineer. Many NOCs have clearly a study aspect to it. If you claim to be a doctor and engineer, its rarely possible that you will be a BE and a MBBS. So you will only have one. So the other profession will not be considered. So you will be rejected.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
I haven't read through this case extensively. All I can say is this.

1 - Maximum points can be claimed for up to 3 years. You get no additional points in CRS for anything more than 3 years. Up to 6 years can be claimed for the FSW 67 points needed to qualify for express entry. However assuming your crossed that threshold, you can only get points max for 3 years.
2 - For CRS, mix and match of NOC works. For FSW eligibility, you have to choose experience gained under a single NOC - that scale maxes out at 15 points for 6+ years of experience. Under EE, this is termed Primary NOC. So your primary NOC experience determines your program eligibility (in part) while for CRS purposes, you can have other NOCs as well provided they are 0/A/B and acquired within last 10 years.
3 - The NOC should match the work experience. It need not be point by point but it should overall match the spirit of the profession.
4 - If you made an error in NOC and it does not match and if you claimed points for it, and once the VO re-calculates it and it falls below the threshold of the draw points when you are invited, you will be rejected.
5 - You can try a CSE. No guarantee it will be considered.

This is what I know - Based on the best of my knowledge.
I agree with @johnsyk and @KiranK was also right there regarding the eligibilty part (not NOC and CRS).
Also I concur @johnsyk and @KiranK are also correct in saying they might not consider your CSE. He might consider a withdrawal also.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Multiple NOCs are for similar professions. If you are educated in HR, it will match for 1121, 1122 etc. Those differences in NOC are realistic and accepted.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
A person cannot be a doctor and an engineer. Many NOCs have clearly a study aspect to it. If you claim to be a doctor and engineer, its rarely possible that you will be a BE and a MBBS. So you will only have one. So the other profession will not be considered. So you will be rejected.
hahhahahahha i know that, i was just explaining english over there regarding meaning of occupations dear. which CIC has clearly missed. I did not meant that in respect to actual reality. The example was to illustrate the meaning of occupation and occupation type, a doctor and engineer can come under same occupation type say Science & technology here for broader classification) but are not same occupation. I meant that for further clarity CIC should mention NOC type there or maybe similar NOC etc.

Unusual

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
Hi All,

I am new member to this Apr/May FSW-O thread.

My Timelines
AOR: 4 May
Med Passed: 26 Jun
IP 1: 26 Jun
IP to NA: 27 Jun
IP2 Waiting

sahilsharma88

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
03-04-2017
AOR - April 3
Meds Passed - June 6
BG in progress - June 6
BG NA - June 7
RPrf request - June 14
Addl documents requested - June 14
Addl docs uploaded (RpRF) - June 18
Addl docs reviewed - June 19

No further updates.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
I think CIC has classified the occupation types pretty clearly. I don't see any ambiguity in their classifications. Yes, we may have a mix of two NOCs in our jobs often but in the end, we have to make a decision which NOC truly carries the job, responsibility and the overall spirit of the profession.

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
I think CIC has classified the occupation types pretty clearly. I don't see any ambiguity in their classifications. Yes, we may have a mix of two NOCs in our jobs often but in the end, we have to make a decision which NOC truly carries the job, responsibility and the overall spirit of the profession.
Its not about NOCs, just simply what is the english meaning of occupation as such, which can easily confuse people. It was an example to help KiranK understand that why she misunderstood it., it has nothing to do with CIC or anything technical. Nobody is raising doubts on CICs classification of occupation types here, they are perfectly clear and one can easily choose the occupation with most close match to one's job duties. But this was not the point being discussed by me.