FSW - NEWS RELEASE

not sure

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
News Release — Revised Federal Skilled Worker Program Unveiled

Ottawa, August 17, 2012 — Proposed regulatory changes announced today to the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) will allow Canada to better select skilled workers who can “hit the ground running” upon arrival.

“The Federal Skilled Worker Program is Canada’s largest economic immigration program,” said Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney. “The changes we are making to update the selection criteria are based on a large body of data and evidence we've accumulated over the years showing what skills and qualifications are most likely to lead to success for skilled immigrants.”

Following an extensive program evaluation, stakeholder and public consultations, as well as other research, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is proposing the following changes to the FSWP:

Making language the most important selection factor by establishing new minimum official language thresholds and increasing points for language;
Increasing the emphasis on younger immigrants, who are more likely to acquire valuable Canadian experience and remain in the workforce longer;
Increasing points for Canadian work experience and reducing points for foreign work experience;
Simplifying the arranged employment process to prevent fraud and abuse yet enable employers to staff positions quickly; and
Awarding points for spousal language ability and Canadian experience.
Another proposed change is the introduction of the Educational Credential Assessment – a mandatory requirement that FSWP applicants have their education abroad assessed against Canadian education standards by designated organizations. CIC will then award points according to how an applicant’s foreign educational credential compares to a completed educational credential in Canada. It does not necessarily guarantee that they would become licensed to practice in a regulated occupation.

“This is an important step we are taking to address the problem of immigrants arriving and not being able to work in their field,” stated Minister Kenney. “This new requirement will help potential newcomers make informed choices about immigration and Canadian career paths.”

CIC will be issuing a Call for Service Proposals on August 20, 2012, inviting submissions from organizations with expertise in foreign credential assessment to conduct the reviews. The deadline for submissions is September 21, 2012. For more information, please visit CIC’s International Qualifications Network website.

The full text of the proposed FSWP regulatory changes is now available online in the Canada Gazette. They also include improvements to the Canadian Experience Class and the creation of a new Federal Skilled Trades Program. The Department welcomes input from stakeholders and interested parties.

Final publication is scheduled for late 2012 and the new FSWP points grid will likely take effect in January 2013. While there is currently a pause on new applications (except for FSWP candidates with a qualifying offer of arranged employment or those applying under the PhD stream), CIC expects to begin accepting applications again early next year.

These changes have been announced by Minister Kenney in the past year.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-08-17.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

not sure

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2012/2012-08-18/html/reg2-eng.html

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

hoquejamal

Mar 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
In process - 08 March 2012
Med's Request
15 Nov 2012 (issued), 29 Nov 2012 (received)
Med's Done....
Med 04 Dec 2012, Other Doc 10 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
25 Feb 2013, Submitted 26 Feb 2013, Recieved by Visa office 1 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
9 April 2013
LANDED..........
6 September 2013
not sure said:
http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2012/2012-08-18/html/reg2-eng.html

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Is this bad or good? ???

Sajeels

Star Member
Oct 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here it comes...a long awaited update in FSW which is now rephrased as FSWC....

If I assess my profile than it would be as follows;

Age - previously awarded 10 points ..now 12 :)
English Language - previously I gained 12 points :-[ (R5, W6.5, L6, S7.. cumulative 6 band) ...may be it will now change to 20 points..(seniors please help me to calculate) Also if some ine can put some light on CLB/NCLC 7 abilities and minimum requirements per ability
Work experience - previously 21 points now as per new rule 15 points :-[
Education - B. Pharm (4 years) previously awarded 20 points ...as per new rule it might change to 22 points based on credential assessment report ???
Spouse language ability - 5 points (would have to get her registered for the closest exam date :mad:
Arranged employment - Nopes :p

My NOC is Industrial pharmacist (3131)..Being optimistic the new calculation gives me 74 points ;D weeewwwww dont know what actual will be...

However following few things need to be clarified and I would request all seniors, experienced fellow to please give their best feedback on this new update, (please note all below statements are just my own queries and devoid of any official reference);
NOC list is not updated, whether CIC will no longer give it any importance or it will pop up when the quota re-opens i.e. Jan 2013?
Credential assessment is a bit tricky...Is it categorized based on nature of occupation or in other words an individuals work experience?
For e.g Case No. 1: If a B.Pharm candidate is working as a community pharmacist/hospital pharmacist he/she might not have to get their credentials evaluated as they are working in a regulated occupation (where a professional body has been designated by CIC to conduct such assessments like PEBC etc.).
Case No. 2: If a B.Pharm is working in a pharmaceutical company as Industrial pharmacist, he/she must have to get the credentials assessed themselves before sending the application (as the occupation doesnt require licensing to practice pharmacy.

As we move on i am sure lot of people will come up with their reservations and interpetations as well.

Please keep this discussion alive to better harness ourselves for yet another opportunity to be a successfully applicant coming year.

regards:

Sajeel SHABBIR

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.

Syed Haider

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Insha ALLAH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heres My wife's (Main Applicant) details,

we were planning to apply in july, 2012 but some how things were not ready to hit. So We are looking forward for Jan, 2013.

reading all that deatils is just mind boggling for me, Can any one assist on our details below:

Main Applicant

Profession: Dentist ;D
Experience: 1 yr
Ielts: Listening: 7, Reading 6.5, Speaking 7, writing 5.5
Relatives in Canad: Yes ;D, Its her Uncle

Partner (myself) 8)

Profession, Accountant
Experience: 1 yr
Ielts: Listening 7, Reading 6, Writing 5.5, Speaking 8
Relatives: NO :p

Personal Saving: $15,000 +

Documents: All set & ready.

Now does this new changes affects your file? anythgin to be considered

akmola81

Nov 30, 2012
Hi..everyone.I m Dr.akmol.interested 4 applying immigration to canada.can anyone help me how can I persue myself.?