+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW for Compter Managers getting Rejected?

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
i meant to say that you should apply. it doesn't matter if you are a mechanical engineer but your experience is in IT. do give it a try and see what future holds for you.

TarunVerma

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
ja77 said:
i meant to say that you should apply. it doesn't matter if you are a mechanical engineer but your experience is in IT. do give it a try and see what future holds for you.
Great..Thanks.

kashif_nouman03

Feb 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
30-06-2010 London (Full Docs 01-01-2010)
Med's Request
waiting
dear ja07 i think that the requirements for getting a manager level job are also the criteria for proving yourself eligible for that occupation in canada. for example if u say i am a computer manager and i want to work in canada as a computer manager, immigration officer wants to make sure that i am eligible to get a job as computer manager in canada. if i can't fulfill the job requirements of same occupation in canada, then the officer may deny.
This is my opinion, this may be wrong.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well guys, IT manager and experience as term of PR is still un understandable. I am currently working as a technician but had Manager experinece and they do accept my case for processing, so not aure what would be next, but it make no sence, why Manager experience is a Term when there is not gurantee for job in same level? I read many tilented people who got PR in skills level but driving cabs in Canada, so where would be stand their passed skilled evalution, no one has idea. What i guess is, evalution is only for make you eligible, its simply one Term that you should have had Managerial experinece aand cic doesnt care waht you will do after arrive in Canada. No one canceled their PR for reason that you was evaluted as IT manaager and now why you are driving a Cab?

amerzd

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ja77 said:
i second that.. mahharrouf
Hi Seniors,

It is very shocking for me too as I (0213) have also submitted my all documents (dated 19-May-2009) against AOR (27-Jan-2009) and waiting for any response. Can you all please guide me what something wrong do you suspect in rejections on 0213 ??

Please reply becuase I am worried about my case.

Regars, Amer

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amerzd said:
ja77 said:
i second that.. mahharrouf
Hi Seniors,

It is very shocking for me too as I (0213) have also submitted my all documents (dated 19-May-2009) against AOR (27-Jan-2009) and waiting for any response. Can you all please guide me what something wrong do you suspect in rejections on 0213 ??

Please reply becuase I am worried about my case.

Regars, Amer
Hi

If you have submitted adequate documentary proof to prove that you have been working at a managerial level and performing main duties and responsibilities of 0213, then it should not be a problem. The IO has clear instructions and manuals by which they assess each case as per the country (Local Visa office) and its policies. So In India, an IO will know that how many years AVG exp will make one a manager/what all duties he or she needs to perform (provided they match there list).

Best of Luck

amerzd

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rocky272727,

Thank you so much for giving courage and some information on the policy CHC uses to evaluate the managerial position.

Regards,

coolguy001

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
ja77 said:
tarun, you should. for canadian immigration, your experience needs not to be related to your degree.

kashif_nouman, the education requirements mentioned under NOC codes are actually the requirements for finding a job in canada in that specific occupation. and this is not to be considered by immigration officer for making an assessment. because they are not the immigration requirements. they are the job requirements. please read the FSW instructions clearly and stop confusing yourself.

as far as rejections for 0213 are concerned, no idea about it so no comments.
correct...that requirement specified by kashif_nouman is to find work in canada not for immigration purposes..remember,Finding job and immigration are two different process

Sarbjit

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
PUNJAB
Hi guys,

I am also in same boat, diploma in Mech, good com skills, married ( spouse= 17 yrs edu.), direct blood relation in canada, IT manger for company exp more than 7 yrs. any suggetion will be appreciated seniors.

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Dear alice_chained/ aanbaan/ TarunVerma, I went thru all your responses in this thread. So, what is the current satus of ur application? Did everything get through successfully? Did u hear anything more from ur friends on the 0213 code and the prospects? Please let us know.

rgds, George

kashif_nouman03

Feb 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
30-06-2010 London (Full Docs 01-01-2010)
Med's Request
waiting
coolguy001 said:
correct...that requirement specified by kashif_nouman is to find work in canada not for immigration purposes..remember,Finding job and immigration are two different process
Its true that finding job and imigration are different. but curently visa officers denied many applications that fullfiled points coz they were not satisfied that the applicant will able to be successful in canada.
For example a guy got basic score in IELTS and applied as a teacher. visa officer was not satisfied that he will be able to work successfully in canada. i saw it at this forum.
but there is no harm in giving it a try if ur education and experience are different.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
kashif_nouman03 said:
Its true that finding job and imigration are different. but curently visa officers denied many applications that fullfiled points coz they were not satisfied that the applicant will able to be successful in canada.
For example a guy got basic score in IELTS and applied as a teacher. visa officer was not satisfied that he will be able to work successfully in canada. i saw it at this forum.
but there is no harm in giving it a try if ur education and experience are different.
I think he was okay'ed without having to do IELTS (but not 100% sure).

stimpy411

Oct 20, 2009
Well, today I got a rejection letter from my VO (Mexico City), this is the reason for rejection:

"I am not satisfied that you are a COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER NOC: 0213"

I submitted reference letters from all my employers describing my duties which do include managerial activities and still the IO was not satisfied... I'm looking for a way to appeal this decision...

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
stimpy411 said:
Well, today I got a rejection letter from my VO (Mexico City), this is the reason for rejection:

"I am not satisfied that you are a COMPUTER AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER NOC: 0213"

I submitted reference letters from all my employers describing my duties which do include managerial activities and still the IO was not satisfied... I'm looking for a way to appeal this decision...

Hello stimpy411, sorry to hear about your rejection. I was considering applying under NOC #0213, but I suspect that I would also get the same response from the IO (my visa office would also be have in Mexico).

Is it possible you can share some details of what what your education and work experience is?

My experience is 6 years experience in an IT/Telecoms, my company's HR dept. officially categorize me as "Engineer" (not manager), however my day-to-day could certainly fit into #0213. I suspect the the IO at the VO would more likely categorize me as #2147. I have a BSc. degree in both Comp. Science & Electronics. I have also worked as a consultant (IT/Telecoms) engineer in foreign countries for a multi-national corp.

I have also done several on the job training courses (including project management courses).

The problem is, I can't really provide documentary evidence of my "management experience". My official HR job letter would indicate that all I was was an "engineer". If I were to however get a letter from my immediate boss (and his boss).....the letter would clearly indicate my engineering/technical along with my managerial skills based on my actual work experience.

Do you guys have any ideas/suggestions on how can I explain to the IO that #0213 is applicable to me?

(My "alternative plan" is to now apply for Quebec CSQ instead)