+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW - Different NOC codes for UK work experience and Canadian work experience

el.cl

Aug 14, 2017
UK
Category........
Hello,

I'm heading out to Canada in November on my IEC visa. Once I've gotten my one year's Canadian work experience to boost my points, I'm planning on applying for my PR via the Federal Skilled Worker program.

I have a question regarding NOC codes / skill levels that I can't seem to find a clear answer on.

For the past 3 1/2 years I have worked in my home country (UK) as a marketing professional (NOC 1123, skill level A). When I arrive in Canada, I'll be working as a snowboard instructor (NOC 5254, skill level B).

If I was to decide to go for a full career change and I managed to get my 1 years equivalent full-time work experience in seasonal jobs that fall under NOC 5254 (eg. snowboard instructor in the winter, kayak instructor in the summer), would this jeopardise my application? Does your non-Canadian work experience and your Canadian work experience have to be in the same NOC?

If it looks like it would be an issue for my PR application to suddenly change NOC codes once I come to Canada, I'll look for a full-time marketing job after my season of snowboard instructing and I guess I can always think about a career change in the future.

Anyone able to offer advice on this?

Cheers,
Laura

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have (or will have) a year of Canadian work experience then you should be thinking about the requirements for the CEC program not the FSW program.

Work experience under CEC need not be continuous and can be in one or more NOC's

Reactions: el.cl