+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW - Category and Proofs (especially Reference Letters)

h4.harry

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
Interview........
NA
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
My status is:
A) 6 years of experience in past 7 seven years - 3.5 years as Software Engineer in MNC + 2.5 years as University professor
B) Applying in category NOC 4011 - University professors and lecturers
C) Has Joining Letter(s) and Experience Letter(s) of both jobs
D) Present Citizenship - Indian

Questions:
1) Is it ok as per my profile to apply in NOC 4011 - University professors and lecturers ? Or should I have to choose for NOC 2173 - Software engineers and designers, for better chances?
2) Are Joining Letter(s) and Experience Letter(s) sufficient proofs for jobs?
3) Do I need some separate reference letter(s)? If yes, what are they and what is their format?

MYNK

Jul 14, 2014
Hi

I am also looking for similar stuff (reference letter) , I had worked with different companies in past 7 years as Software Engineer on dataware housing especially with IBM Cognos , SSRS and MSTR reporting. I am not sure what to get in reference letter and do I need it from all my employees ?

Please post here if you get some updates over it

Thanks

h4.harry

Star Member
Aug 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2015
Interview........
NA
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
h4.harry said:
My status is:
A) 6 years of experience in past 7 seven years - 3.5 years as Software Engineer in MNC + 2.5 years as University professor
B) Applying in category NOC 4011 - University professors and lecturers
C) Has Joining Letter(s) and Experience Letter(s) of both jobs
D) Present Citizenship - Indian

Questions:
1) Is it ok as per my profile to apply in NOC 4011 - University professors and lecturers ? Or should I have to choose for NOC 2173 - Software engineers and designers, for better chances?
2) Are Joining Letter(s) and Experience Letter(s) sufficient proofs for jobs?
3) Do I need some separate reference letter(s)? If yes, what are they and what is their format?
Anyone having any knowledge on same, please do share...

sachinleo80

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
I am also planning to apply under NOC 4011 - University lecturer. I have gathered all the required documents along with proof of funds, English test and ECA reports. However the ECA report I received mentions my MSc degree is equivalent in Canada is 4 years BSc degree!!

I have completed my BSc (3 Years), B.Ed (1 Year) and MSc (2 Years) with distinction grades in all the exams from Indian Unviversity. I also have 6 years experience in the same field.

My query is - Am I still eligible to apply under FSW even my ECA report shows my MSc degree is equivalent as Canadian BSc degree?? Please let me know your responses on urgent basis as I have very little time remaining to send my documents. Your help is much appreciated.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
TO HARRY:

(1) I don't think FSW allows you have two primary codes within each application. That does not prevent you, for example, to file two separate applications (with two separate sets of documents and separate fees).

(2) I am uncertain if you can have joined NOCs within one letter. Best to separate them into two letters.

(3) Better to have as many reference letters as you need, as FSW officers may reject one or more of your reference letters.

TO sachinleo80:

(4) I think FSW is a point system. Even if you do not have master's degree if your bachelar's degree, along with your other criteria, adds up to 67. You will pass. Notice that ECA assessment is final, and officers will base their assessment only on ECA for overseas degree.