+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW - Cairo / Egypt Office - ONLY 2009 Applicants

afr

Star Member
May 2, 2010

reksa, hamdigalal, masem, saedmahraan and all August/September 2009 applicants,

any update regarding the ecas status, any one got the medical request or information update or any thing

I wish 2011 would be much better than 2010 for all of us

S

saedmahraan

not yet afr
I think we should send enquiries on weekly bases to the sleepy cairo embassy to urge them to do anything
God hell them
الله يحرقهم ببنزين 80

afr

Star Member
May 2, 2010
Nihir said:
@ Hi All...........

Everyone is getting their e-cas status changed to In Process. Someone whose status is not even shown till yesterday now get their e-cas status directly "In Process".

It's really nothing for everyone who got "In Process" status because its only an error. New Delhi VO is currently issuing the medicals whose file transfer date is around the last week of Feb 2010 & 1st week of March 2010. And taking the files in process whose file transfer date is in 2nd & 3rd week of March 2010. They are taking the files "In Process" of the applicants whose file transfer is in March 2010 and who are near to complete their 8-10 months after their second AOR issued by New Delhi VO. So this the scenario of Indian CHC.

So it proves that they are very particularly doing their work with very good system.

E-Cas status change is only an error and they will cure it as soon as possible.

regards,

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/error-in-ecas-status-t62689.75.html​

Hi guys, according to the above message, every one got his ECAS changed from received by visa office to In Process and its system's error.

Cairo office applicants whose complete documents submitted to Cairo office before 26 June 2010, have you got your status changed to In Process

Please share your status

saedmahraan calm down man inshaalah things will turn good soon. did your status change to In Process or not yet

mokka

Aug 10, 2010
another peice of bad news :mad: :mad: :mad:

Notice
The Canadian visa office in Egypt (Cairo) has suspended its activities until further notice
For more information, visit the website of the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, which includes Advice for Canadians in Egypt.

Due to circumstances beyond the Embassy of Canada’s control, as of January 31, 2011, the services of the Visa and Immigration Section of the Embassy of Canada to Egypt are temporarily suspended. The visa office cannot respond to enquiries at this time. Temporary resident applications (for visitors, students and temporary workers) may be submitted to any other Canadian visa office in person. Please DO NOT send any correspondence or applications to the visa section in Cairo.

Visitors whose status in Canada is due to expire and who are now unable to leave Canada because of the current situation in Egypt must apply to extend their visitor status.

S

saedmahraan

دعوة للجميع لارسال ايميل لوزير الهجرة الكندي للنظر بعين الوعي لما يحدث في مصر واعادة فتح وتسريع الاجراءات
الايميل بتاع الوزير
Minister@cic.gc.ca

والمهندس هيما اقترح النص التالي
وايضا انا بازود انه يجب كتابة الاسم كامل وتاريخ الميلاد والفايل نومبر

Dear minister,
Further to the current circumstances in Egypt, the Visa office in Cairo has closed down.
I have a pending application in the category of federal skilled worker immigration, and I am afraid that the current situation will lead to further delays in the processing time. Especially that Cairo visa office has the slowest processing time according to the latest statistics.
Accordingly, I am writing to request your personal intervention to eliminate and to overcome any anticipated delays, in order to maintain the current processing time of Cairo visa office.
Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to stress on my continued interest in starting a new life in Canada.
Yours sincerely,

الشكر لمنتدي المطاريد
(منقول)

masem

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Notice
Services at the Canadian visa office in Egypt (Cairo) have resumed

For more information on the situation in Egypt, visit the website of the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, which includes Advice for Canadians in Egypt.

As of February 14, 2011, the services of the Visa and Immigration Section of the Embassy of Canada to Egypt in Cairo have returned to normal.

Visitors whose status in Canada is due to expire and who are now unable to leave Canada because of the current situation in Egypt must apply to extend their visitor status.

afr

Star Member
May 2, 2010
masem said:
Notice
Services at the Canadian visa office in Egypt (Cairo) have resumed

For more information on the situation in Egypt, visit the website of the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, which includes Advice for Canadians in Egypt.

As of February 14, 2011, the services of the Visa and Immigration Section of the Embassy of Canada to Egypt in Cairo have returned to normal.

Dear masem,

I heard that some applicants whose complete documents sent to Cairo VO in August/September/October 2009 their status changed to in-process. Do you have any idea? Did you hear that any one got medical request whose file sent in August. The last one I heard of got medical request was an applicant whose complete file was submitted in July 2009.

wello

Star Member
Dec 22, 2010
Hi Afr,
from where did you get this peice of information?
do you know someone? or did you see it in another forum?

regards

afr

Star Member
May 2, 2010
wello said:
Hi Afr,
from where did you get this peice of information?
do you know someone? or did you see it in another forum?

regards
Hi, wello

I know someone whose status changed to in-process recently. Also I read some other threads on this forum about the ecas recent discrepancies.

I sent the embassy an email on 27/02/2011 before the suspension of the VO activity and yesterday I got the same old response. I am pasting it here again,

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to your recent enquiry regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker.

On November 28, 2008, pursuant to section 87 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which affect applications submitted on or after February 27, 2008. Since your application was received on or after this date, your application is subject to these amendments. We are in the process of assessing applications against the Ministerial Instructions to determine whether they are eligible for processing.

Due to the high volume of applications received on or after February 27, 2008, it will take at least 24 months for your application to receive a determination. You will be contacted once a determination has been made or if additional ******s are judged to be necessary. Given the above, we would ask that you refrain from making further enquiries on your application as we will not respond to them.
Visa Section/Section des visas

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Have you got any update on your status?

Regards

saw

Feb 27, 2011
Hi afr
I did applied Jul 2009 and still my status is pending review, Are you sure that Jul, Aug and sep got inprocess status ??
On more strange issue seems its not related to the time you sent the document, where as clear from CAPIS that there are priorities set on the file that may change your processing time, that is my conclusion only, thanks all

saw

mokka

Aug 10, 2010
saw said:
Hi afr
I did applied Jul 2009 and still my status is pending review, Are you sure that Jul, Aug and sep got inprocess status ??
On more strange issue seems its not related to the time you sent the document, where as clear from CAPIS that there are priorities set on the file that may change your processing time, that is my conclusion only, thanks all

saw
Dear Saw,
did they give you any ideas about what are these priorities?
ifyes, can you please share them with us so we can now any estimates on this regards?
thanks in advance

S

saedmahraan

I know Caips reports very well
I did not see before any priority set except a label of C50 witch means a post November 2008 applicants

Saw . have your status changed from received by visa office to pending review recently?

saw

Feb 27, 2011
Hi Saedmahran

There is and i got it from the sample file, check the page sample.shtml under caips.ca
and the status is Received by Visa office and when you click on this link you got Pending review, this status is the one from the time i applied since Jul 2009
saw