+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW - Cairo / Egypt Office - ONLY 2009 Applicants

masem

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

For those applying for FSW under Cairo-Egypt office who sent their initial application to NS and got their AOR, the next step in to submit the full application with the supporting documents to the embassy in Cairo - Egypt, people who applied before September 2008 are not involved in this topic as it was noticed that their progress in much slower than those applied after September 2008 so this topic will not be useful for them,

It would be great if we share our progress,

From the previous applicant from Egypt, I noticed that Cairo office used to send the AOR after 8 - 12 days from submitting the full applications + supporting documents , and the medical + paying the landing fee used to be requested after 40 - 55 Days, then the passport requested after 30 days from submitting the medical results,

Appreciate the support of people who recently got their visa,

Good luck,

masem

adam912

Star Member
Oct 11, 2009
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo Egypt
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17 th
we will be applying sometime real soon, will sure update here. i am also interested in knowing about Cairo office timeline, checked on trackitt but most are older than 2008.

masem

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perfect now we r two :) , hope to find more people applied recently to give us advice,

if u need any advice regarding the 1st stage let me know,

masem

nasj

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my old application to Cairo Office in 2007 and still waiting. however I Submit a new application for 38 Noc last month but I choose Damascus Office this time hopefully their proccess time is faster under the new rules.

masem

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi nasj,

this was a good step, i'll assume u mentioned in the background / declaration form, question no. 9 that u mentioned that u applied before for FSW and this is the second time u r applying, u should do this,

These days NS is replying after 53 - 57 days, prepare ur documents from now,

masem

nasj

Star Member
Jan 22, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh yes indeed, I did declared my previous application under old rules.

masem

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good so u r in the safe side, just don't withdraw ur old application now, they will call u before issuing the visa and ask u to withdraw ur old application, this is how it worked with my friends,

good luck

masem

vahidvahid

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
masem said:
good so u r in the safe side, just don't withdraw ur old application now, they will call u before issuing the visa and ask u to withdraw ur old application, this is how it worked with my friends,

good luck

masem
Dear masem,

Would you please let me know more about your friends immigration process. I ask this question because I have also two FSW applications at the same time ( one new rule application which now it is more than 90 days in “received by visa office” stage and one old rule which has submitted 2007 and is “in process “stage). I did not withdraw my old application so far. Did your friends has also similar situations? When CIC has asked them to withdraw their old application? Did they get any refund for old application fee?
regards

masem

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi vahidvahid,

My friend he applied before ( in 2006 ) and when the new rule came into effect ( the 38 needed occupation were announced ) he found his list among the needed occupations, so he submitted a new application, after sending the medical test and paying the landing fee he got a call from the embassy asking him to come to the embassy and withdraw his old application as the new one was approved, he went there and submitted a withdrawal request and money refund request, the embassy told him the money refund process takes around 2 months,

summery : don't worry, there is no problem of having 2 applications as long as u mentioned this in ur new application form, and don't worry regarding the refund, u will get ur money back as long as they didn't start processing ur old application,

hope this information is useful for u,

just 1 question, do u have any idea what is the average time in Cairo - Egypt office between submitting the full documents and requesting the medical request ? as far as i know it should be around 2 months but i can see u've been waiting for 3 months, appreciate ur advice as i'm out of the country and need to prepare my vacation plan,

masem

vahidvahid

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
My friend masem,

thanks for the reply.
unfortunately I can’t say Cario processing time until medical request because I have applied from Damascus office (under new rule), but I think recently this processing time has became slowly in regard to those who have applied for example in Jan. or Feb. 2009. in Damascus office it takes about 60 days after starting processing your application until medical request but nowadays new clients are experiencing more processing time.

momya

Oct 18, 2009
Hello to you all.

I really need your help.
Everything is going very well yet. We asked 3 days ago with my husband to send a photocopy of his certificate of selection of a new record judicière and his passport ..
I worry now that require a passport, is it good sign or is it possible that they want to deny the passport then? Help me please ..

nermon81

Oct 1, 2009
hi all

i sent my application in 14/9/2009 i applied under NOC 1111 untill now i still wating my file number and there isn't any news

masem

Star Member
Oct 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u mean u sent ur initial application to the CIO in Sydney or the full application to the office in Egypt ?