+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW applicant crossing the border at Montreal

lucky_me

Jul 3, 2014
Is it forbidden for me as a FSW applicant to cross the Canadian border at Montreal? I'm planning to spend a few days at my friend's house and then move to Toronto. Though I recall there might be some troubles since I don't have the Quebec Selection Certificate. On the other hand I don't plan to actually live in Quebec, so how should I convince the visa officer that I'm not trying to cheat?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lucky_me said:
Is it forbidden for me as a FSW applicant to cross the Canadian border at Montreal? I'm planning to spend a few days at my friend's house and then move to Toronto. Though I recall there might be some troubles since I don't have the Quebec Selection Certificate. On the other hand I don't plan to actually live in Quebec, so how should I convince the visa officer that I'm not trying to cheat?
As FSW you can land anywhere, including the province of Quebec.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CanV said:
As FSW you can land anywhere, including the province of Quebec.
But the OP will probably have to prove that he has onward transportation outside Quebec as s/he doesn't have a CSQ

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

But the OP will probably have to prove that he has onward transportation outside Quebec as s/he doesn't have a CSQ
Hi PMM,

I thought with an CSQ you have to land in Quebec where FSW, family class, and refugees can land anywhere including Quebec even without an CSQ? I could be wrong.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CanV said:
Hi PMM,

I thought with an CSQ you have to land in Quebec where FSW, family class, and refugees can land anywhere including Quebec even without an CSQ? I could be wrong.
1. Sorry, you thought wrong. With a CSQ you can "land" anywhere in Canada as you have to "land" at your first international port of arrival. If you "land" in Quebec, without a CSQ, CBSA wants to see onward transportation arrangements. There is an Operational Bulletin on this matter.