+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW 2014 Under NOC 2281

satinder711

May 29, 2014
Hello

i want to apply under computer network technicians(2281)
can anybody tell me
till what date i can apply so that my . profile falls under 1000cap.

please reply soon

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
Hello satinder711

The computer professions get filled up quickly. You will need to submit your application within the next couple of months if you want to make it into the cap. We will get a better idea when we get first cap update from CIC.

Bottom line: HURRY UP!

Best of luck
ESZB

rubensingh

Apr 29, 2014
Hello !

Please i am applying for 2281 and have my docs and IELTS ready with 67 points exact !
My counselor advises me to go for my spouse IELTS to gein additional points and apply. This has delayed my application and will be applying by july 10.

Hope the CAP wont get filled by that time.

Please advise.

thanks
Ruben

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
rubensingh said:
Hello !

Please i am applying for 2281 and have my docs and IELTS ready with 67 points exact !
My counselor advises me to go for my spouse IELTS to gein additional points and apply. This has delayed my application and will be applying by july 10.

Hope the CAP wont get filled by that time.

Please advise.

thanks
Ruben
Hello Ruben,

Well if you have calculated those 67 points are solid then you should not waste time in sending your application. If you are under the impression that your file will be given preference due to more points... thats not the case. However I must warn you of a risk that sometimes after completeness check if the immigration officer verifying you point truncates a couple of points that is where your extra points above 67 come in handy.

I am saying this from experience by looking at the higher cap limit this time.

Regards
ESZB

anshpatel84

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Hi,

I don't why people on these forums are assuming that the NOC 2281 cap will be filling up by October 2014 end Shocked The FSW 2014 spreadsheet that gets updated everyday shows that even the pessimistic estimate shows that the NOC 2281 cap will be available till around 22nd December,2014. So even though I am not saying everybody should be comfortable to apply till December 2014, I think it is unnecessary to panic for people that are waiting to send their application to CIC till end of November.I am not a senior member of this forum nor am I here to provide any suggestions but these are my views. Not sure HOW some people in this forum are assuming that the CAP will fill up by end of October 2014???

The FSW 2014 spreadsheet hyperlink (you can google the link) says for even the "Pessimistic estimate" that the CAP will be open till ataleast December 22,2014. Consider this calculation. Even if CIC has consistently received 5 applications per day for NOC 2281 since May 1,2014 when the program opened, then in that case the total applications recieved as of October 1,2014 is 750. The FSW 2014 spreadsheet above shows around 1.44 applications added to NOC 2281 per day, I have taken pessimistic estimate of 5 APPS PER DAYAlso not all 750 of the above APPS I mention would have been rejected,lets say 100 got rejected. Still only 650 out of 1000 applications in this CAP are full. So I believe everybody should not panic that much, right???!

Vinzy

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (Processing) / ADVO (PP Sub)
NOC Code......
2281/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Nomination.....
25-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-3-2016
IELTS Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-6-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
anshpatel84 said:
Hi,

I don't why people on these forums are assuming that the NOC 2281 cap will be filling up by October 2014 end Shocked The FSW 2014 spreadsheet that gets updated everyday shows that even the pessimistic estimate shows that the NOC 2281 cap will be available till around 22nd December,2014. So even though I am not saying everybody should be comfortable to apply till December 2014, I think it is unnecessary to panic for people that are waiting to send their application to CIC till end of November.I am not a senior member of this forum nor am I here to provide any suggestions but these are my views. Not sure HOW some people in this forum are assuming that the CAP will fill up by end of October 2014???

The FSW 2014 spreadsheet hyperlink (you can google the link) says for even the "Pessimistic estimate" that the CAP will be open till ataleast December 22,2014. Consider this calculation. Even if CIC has consistently received 5 applications per day for NOC 2281 since May 1,2014 when the program opened, then in that case the total applications recieved as of October 1,2014 is 750. The FSW 2014 spreadsheet above shows around 1.44 applications added to NOC 2281 per day, I have taken pessimistic estimate of 5 APPS PER DAYAlso not all 750 of the above APPS I mention would have been rejected,lets say 100 got rejected. Still only 650 out of 1000 applications in this CAP are full. So I believe everybody should not panic that much, right???!

You're right mate....people sometimes get over cautious with so much stress spreading around. I also think until late November it should be fine. Good luck !

anshpatel84

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
ALL,

Please direct all your queries to below forum. The ADMIN of this forum (KSA0510) is really a helpful guy and answers almost every query. Of Course, you should should use it cautiously, you alone are responsible for your NOC application anyways ;D. I am just providing this info as for NOC 2281, the blwo forum is the most active one in terms of queries. Good Luck!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cappedcappedcappedfirst-profession-capped-under-fsw-2014-t237915.0.html

SunGanesh

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Nomination.....
26-02-2015 ( PER )
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
04-06-2015
Hello All
Good Day

Quick help on NOC 2281, Please

Kindly Review Roles and Responsibilities for NOC 2281 and Advise whether good to go with the content.
Currently I am working as Subject Matter Expert for Windows and VMware.

Status

WES - Done
IETS - Done
Spouse IELTS - Exam Scheduled for 22nd Nov '14
NOC Code - 2281 OR 2171 ( Please Advise ) ?

Senior Members in this forum, Kindly assist as I have very less time, and my Application most probably would reach CIC - NS in the first week of Dec '14.

• Installation and Management of Multi-Platform Operating System Environments, including Server Hang, Performance (Memory, Disk, CPU) related issues on Servers, Debug applications, crash dumps and memory dumps to identify and resolve Server crash or Blue-Screen-Of-Death. Responsible for Service Activation / Deactivation post Server Build or Decommission to serve as a secondary control to report execution defects in the process to assist the Company in Audit and other control events.

• Provide Impact assessments for the changes scheduled to implement in the Server Infrastructure. Perform Root Cause Analysis on Major Issues and Point Of Escalation and Support to the Peer in VMware.

• Implement and Administration of LAN & WAN connectivity across Operating System using different network models and protocols which includes analyze and identify network performance problems. Also, Remote Deployments of different Operating System Images and distribution of application packages across Infrastructure.

• Implement and Administration of VMware ESXi and Virtual Center Server, includes setting up vMotion, Storage vMotion, High Availability, DRS, and management of VMware products such as VMware converter, Update Manager, Disaster Recovery using VMware Site Recovery Manager to minimize system, data, and operations risk and loss.

• Troubleshoot Storage Technology, SAN/NAS for VMware and Windows Infrastructure, Server Management remotely through Advanced Management Module for IBM Blade HS21 and HS21 Chassis, RSA and IMM for Rack Mount Servers. Support Backup and Restore for integration activities in Production Environment using appropriate services.

• Create and Manage PowerShell Scripts for automation across VMware and Windows Infrastructure for Health Check, Software and Hardware Inventory, Performance and Capacity Management and Patch Management.

• Implement and Manage Microsoft File Servers using IPsec for data origin authentication, data integrity and encryption. Responsible to maintain all system configurations, scheduled jobs, as instructed by Account Team. Evaluate and Install Information Software and Hardware Systems based on best practices and recommendation from Product Vendor.

Thanks in Advance

Kind Regards
Ganesh

Vinzy

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO (Processing) / ADVO (PP Sub)
NOC Code......
2281/2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Nomination.....
25-12-2015
AOR Received.
01-3-2016
IELTS Request
01-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-6-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
SunGanesh said:
Hello All
Good Day

Quick help on NOC 2281, Please

Kindly Review Roles and Responsibilities for NOC 2281 and Advise whether good to go with the content.
Currently I am working as Subject Matter Expert for Windows and VMware.

Status

WES - Done
IETS - Done
Spouse IELTS - Exam Scheduled for 22nd Nov '14
NOC Code - 2281 OR 2171 ( Please Advise ) ?

Senior Members in this forum, Kindly assist as I have very less time, and my Application most probably would reach CIC - NS in the first week of Dec '14.

• Installation and Management of Multi-Platform Operating System Environments, including Server Hang, Performance (Memory, Disk, CPU) related issues on Servers, Debug applications, crash dumps and memory dumps to identify and resolve Server crash or Blue-Screen-Of-Death. Responsible for Service Activation / Deactivation post Server Build or Decommission to serve as a secondary control to report execution defects in the process to assist the Company in Audit and other control events.

• Provide Impact assessments for the changes scheduled to implement in the Server Infrastructure. Perform Root Cause Analysis on Major Issues and Point Of Escalation and Support to the Peer in VMware.

• Implement and Administration of LAN & WAN connectivity across Operating System using different network models and protocols which includes analyze and identify network performance problems. Also, Remote Deployments of different Operating System Images and distribution of application packages across Infrastructure.

• Implement and Administration of VMware ESXi and Virtual Center Server, includes setting up vMotion, Storage vMotion, High Availability, DRS, and management of VMware products such as VMware converter, Update Manager, Disaster Recovery using VMware Site Recovery Manager to minimize system, data, and operations risk and loss.

• Troubleshoot Storage Technology, SAN/NAS for VMware and Windows Infrastructure, Server Management remotely through Advanced Management Module for IBM Blade HS21 and HS21 Chassis, RSA and IMM for Rack Mount Servers. Support Backup and Restore for integration activities in Production Environment using appropriate services.

• Create and Manage PowerShell Scripts for automation across VMware and Windows Infrastructure for Health Check, Software and Hardware Inventory, Performance and Capacity Management and Patch Management.

• Implement and Manage Microsoft File Servers using IPsec for data origin authentication, data integrity and encryption. Responsible to maintain all system configurations, scheduled jobs, as instructed by Account Team. Evaluate and Install Information Software and Hardware Systems based on best practices and recommendation from Product Vendor.

Thanks in Advance

Kind Regards
Ganesh
Hi Ganesh this closely matches with 2281. My duties are very similar too.