Aug 19, 2009
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
under process
Interview........
Rabb Rabb karo
Please help me out I got 3 years of sales experience and 3 years of computer prog experience and going to apply under 2174 NOC . Now tell me how many years of experience will be counted ??

thevisaguy

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
Nomination.....
08-10-2014
AOR Received.
26-11-2014
Med's Request
10-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015 [Medical Received : 22-12-2015]
LANDED..........
Not decided yet
Hello Friends!

Can anyone explain me the difference between NOC 2173 and NOC 2174 category? Last time i had applied in NOC 2174. Can i apply in NOC 2173 this time? I am in confusion in which category should i apply?

Please clear my doubts.

amanamagus

May 16, 2014
Sent my application yesterday, on 17th. Blue dart says it takes 3-4 business days for the application to reach, so I guess it'll reach CIC by 21st of may. Hope its not too late.

I had some doubts about the cap btw. After they find 100 eligible applicants, is it that they stop accepting applications?

If that's the case, it'll make it a FCFS thing rather than "merit"-based...? If it is FCFS based, and the work exp is relevant to the category, that means the application WILL be accepted.

Also, if I have >1 year exp in 2173 and <1 year continuous but cumulative >1 year exp in 4011 (University lecturer), would that count towards the points?

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thevisaguy said:
Hello Friends!

Can anyone explain me the difference between NOC 2173 and NOC 2174 category? Last time i had applied in NOC 2174. Can i apply in NOC 2173 this time? I am in confusion in which category should i apply?

Please clear my doubts.
2173 Employment requirements states the following particularly point 1 below and point 2 related to licensing

1. A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.

2. Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).

3. Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination.

4. Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.

Where as 2174 states
Employment requirements

1. A bachelor's degree in computer science or in another discipline with a significant programming component
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.

2. Specialization in programming for engineering and scientific applications requires specific post-secondary study or experience.

Question for experts 2173 also states Software Testing Engineer but when we look at 2283 that perfectly matches the Software Testing Engineer roles and responsibilties. So the question does Software Test Engineer fit into 2173 ? and what does licensing part mean for 2173?

Thanks in advance

capr13

Apr 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Need help from experts ....I got married in the month of may in my case which approach should be considered or followed.

1.Ignore and do not mention anything about in the spouse section and send the application and plan to add that information later.
2.Fill the forms with spouse details and send the application.
as i understand from the check list we need to send Passport copy, schedule A and additional information form signed by spouse, marriage certificate, 6 photos for every member of family (mother,Father, brother) as per the checklist.
Do we need to send marriage photographs and marriage invitation cards from both side along with the application? and since the passport issues is fresh (few days back) do we need PCC for spouse and do we need PCC for parents and brother at this stage or can we send it later ?

A small checklist or some thing if somebody has prepared in order to include dependents would be helpful.
My question is Dependent is Spouse or Parents as well and do i need to add father and mother under parents?
What documents are required to include spouse in dependent section.

In generic form question # 15 after you add your spouse details it asked whether married or not i assume i have to provide my last name and first name please clarify.
Anybody in the same boat ;D

Thanks in advance

atharabbas

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014
AOR Received.
PER 8 Oct 2014
File Transfer...
PCC 24 Nov 2014
Med's Request
5 Jan 2015
Med's Done....
3 Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
5 Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
3 Mar 2015
LANDED..........
Oct 2015
Hi,

Thanks in advance to bear with me for lengthy text below.

Please help me to find out suitable NOC for following responsibilities. I am confused in between 2171 and 2173 because my tasks involve Business Analysis, Testing, Training and sometimes participated in Technical Pre-sales (RFPs & demos) as well.

1. Study the organization's existing processes to recognize the weaknesses and recommended enhancements with the help of best practices.

2. Monitor the efficiency of the processes execution and to implement improved processes in upcoming projects.

3. Interact with client in all phases of SDLC for understanding the requirement and expectations and take immediate actions on client's feedback.

4. Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios and business analysis.

5. Analyze the client's existing system and compare with organization's system and recommends the modifications with minimal cost and time required.

6. Prepare and review business requirement documents and signed-off from client including Software Requirement Specification, Use Cases, UML, Mockups, etc.

7. Sessions with Project Manager, Development team and Testing team to ensure that requirements are correctly understood and delivered for implementation.

8. Review of technical design based on functional requirements and suggest improvements.

9. Work closely with project manager and technical team to assist in finalizing the project scope, resources assignment and timelines for delivery.

10. Prepare and review test plan, test cases, automated scripts, defects reporting, execution of different testing types functional, performance, GUI, Database, etc. and lead testing team.

11. To update project team about the quality of system with defects report and testing cycles.

12. Responsible for releases deployments.

13. Responsible to conduct training and writing user manual.

14. Involved in user acceptance testing and change management process

15. Pre-Sales activities including client handling, conduct product demos, project proposals writing, technical and functional RFP fulfillment, resource/cost estimations, etc.

Jameee

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
File Transfer...
16-12-2016
Hi all,

Apologies for this lengthy text. Please suggest.

I need your inputs and information to sort on which NOC category, I would be falling under. Requesting you to please take some time to understand my request and provided your feedback.

Firstly, I am a IT professional and hence I would need to decide on category - 2171 or 2174.
I am eliminating 2173 - as I am no architect or designer in programming. Also, I am eliminating 2172 - as I am no Data Base Administrator.

Looking at my roles and designation in past 8 years,

I firstly started as
a. Software Engineer - doing programming on Java, including requirement gathering, designing and implementing for bespoke applications.
then promoted to..

b. Technical Lead - Leading programmers team to implement Java programs for same above.
Later my designation changed to "Consultant"

c. Consultant - Here I started working on one of market product(Energy Risk Management product), doing majorly Testing involving gathering requirements on data setup, doing configurations, writing scripts, setting up process and designing execution flow logically and based on business.
Working on same market product, got promoted to..

d. Senior Consultant - doing same roles as above in addition to getting involved in leading Consultants team, reporting and managing task and as well involved in RFP's throwing information on Market product.

This was my state in previous company and left with "Senior Consultant" designation.

Joined another company with designation "Senior Associate QA"

Here I am involved in doing testing Functional, Regression and Integration testing for same Market product surrounded by few other market products and bespoke applications. I am leading teams and generating status reports.

At granularity, I do data configurations on product, write SQL to carry out current state analysis of product (good at SQL), writing analysis document, data flow diagrams on state, doing deep dive analysis to identify bottlenecks, design QA catalog having scenario and scripts, setting up QA framework, managing environments to deploy and test, setting up users and authorization, so on..
Apart from above, for test purpose, I still write code and scripting language to create automated tools...I do create analysis and design documents to implement automated test in product.

Given my current role and designation which I am doing since 2 years, which my offer letter states as "Senior Associate QA" I am not able to decide on whether I fall in 2171 or 2174.

I am yet to write my Reference letters which would include as I stated above, but I do not want to pick wrong category and while VO reviews my reference letter, I am afraid whether I had picked correct category on what I do.

Please help me with this.

Many Thanks...

sumi1982

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Hello Friends,

Could you please help me in determining if my job responsibilites falls under 2173? I am performance tester.

My job responsibilites mainly has:
Summary of roles performed:
XXX company – understanding Business Requirements, participated in test plan creation, developed test scripts and test scenarios, executed test scenarios, executed and monitored tests, provided inputs for the analysis for performance concerns. Worked on protoscol Oracle 2 Tier and web (http/html).

XXX company – understanding Business Requirements, participated in test plan creation, developed test scripts and test scenarios, executed test scenarios, executed and monitored tests. Worked on protocols Web(http/html) and webservices -

XXX company – penetration testing, application testing, web application security assessment, onsite internet security assessment and social engineering

Responsible for gathering business requirements from the clients.
Created test plans based on business requirements.
Prepared the test scripts for database testing using Oracle 2 tier protocol.
Executed and monitored different test scenarios and presented the results to the client.
Monitored server behavior using CA Wily Introscope.
Done first level of analysis and provided recommendations based on the analysis.
Closely worked with developers and System Engineers to nail down the technical problems.

While job description in 2173 is

Software engineers and designers perform some or all of the following duties:

- Collect and document users' requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.

Could you pleasssseee share your thoughts on this?

Regards,
Sumi

navneetsibal

May 2, 2014
sumi1982 said:
Hello Friends,

Could you please help me in determining if my job responsibilites falls under 2173? I am performance tester.

My job responsibilites mainly has:
Summary of roles performed:
XXX company – understanding Business Requirements, participated in test plan creation, developed test scripts and test scenarios, executed test scenarios, executed and monitored tests, provided inputs for the analysis for performance concerns. Worked on protoscol Oracle 2 Tier and web (http/html).

XXX company – understanding Business Requirements, participated in test plan creation, developed test scripts and test scenarios, executed test scenarios, executed and monitored tests. Worked on protocols Web(http/html) and webservices -

XXX company – penetration testing, application testing, web application security assessment, onsite internet security assessment and social engineering

Responsible for gathering business requirements from the clients.
Created test plans based on business requirements.
Prepared the test scripts for database testing using Oracle 2 tier protocol.
Executed and monitored different test scenarios and presented the results to the client.
Monitored server behavior using CA Wily Introscope.
Done first level of analysis and provided recommendations based on the analysis.
Closely worked with developers and System Engineers to nail down the technical problems.

While job description in 2173 is

Software engineers and designers perform some or all of the following duties:

- Collect and document users' requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.

Could you pleasssseee share your thoughts on this?

Regards,
Sumi
Hi Sumi,

From your responsibilities it looks like you are software tester rather software developer or designer. You can ask your employer to include some of the responsibilities like documentation, test data preparation, asset testing etc to make your case stronger.

Thanks,
Navneet

runningrace

May 10, 2014
Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-Jul-2014
Doc's Request.
29-Oct-2014(CC Charge Date, NS Time)
Nomination.....
06-Nov-2014(Happy Gurpurab :) )
File Transfer...
Processing Start: 07-Jan-2015(2nd Line appeared on 11-Jan-2015)
Med's Request
10-Jan-2015 --Got Remedical Mail --&gt; 02/Feb/2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2015 --Remedical Completed --&gt;&gt; 27/Apr/2015 --&gt;TLU 12-May-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jun-2015(Waheguru tera shukar hai) DM and Passport Submission: 09-Jun-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015(Ready for Collection 19-06-2015 , Collected 23/06/2015(Waheguru tera shukar hai))
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
I am waiting for my ECA, hope I am not too late for 2173 :-X :'(

Azhar ud din

May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2014
Nomination.....
PER : Nov 20, 2014
File Transfer...
Second Line Update : 10th Apr, 2015
Med's Request
Apr, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr, 2015
Interview........
IA Waived
Passport Req..
IA Soon
VISA ISSUED...
IA Soon
LANDED..........
IA Soon
My designation current designation is "Solution Architect" while my previous designation was "Software Engineer".

MY JD's are as follows:

He has been assigned the following responsibilities:
1. Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions.

2. Development and maintenance of software programs in PHP, C#, C++, XML, HTML/XHTML, ASP.net, JavaScript or other languages to meet system requirements, system design and technical specifications in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes.

3. Develop PL/SQL scripts as stored procedures, views and triggers.

4. Utilize software engineering tools such as configuration management systems, build processes and debuggers in the software development process.

5. Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts and code comments

6. Enhance/modify software, resolve software bugs in existing code and troubleshoot issues on production and testing system.

7. Participate in peer code reviews and provide suggestions

I have few doubts / queries...

I guess i have to add up "Design and Architecture" related JD's in my employment letter???

Furthermore, Do i need some sort of Licensing to apply under "2173"??

And i am sending the documents to WES in couple of days which means i will be able to apply in start or mid of July. Will it be late or should i give it a try??