Mid Oct. 2014
Med's Request
Late March'15
Med's Done....
Mid April'15
Passport Req..
07-01-2016
kewr said:
I have been a silent reader on this forum for quite a while, I just received my COPR and passport back. :)

Application received: Nov 3, 2014
PER: Jan 29, 2015
Additional Documents: April 22, 2015
Medical Request: April 29,2015
Medical Done: May 12, 2015
Additional Document Received (FBI PCC for Spouse): Sept 9,2015
PPR: Jan 5,2016
Passport reached Ottawa: Jan 13,2016
Tracker Activated: Jan 25, 2016
Passport Received in Calgary: Jan 26, 2016 ( 1pm)

Is there anyone in living Calgary who will like to go to Carway? I am willing to carpool and share expenses. Thanks
Hi,

I live in Calgary and I would be happy to go with someone else. Please let me know when you want to go.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gavin_cic said:
Everyone (especially seniors like Diplomatru): May I know your viewpoint on whether CIC will count the credit of pre-residence histories, e.g. multi-year studying experiences of international students, in assessing citizenship applications? I dont know politics too much, so really confused - Justin or the new gvnt will keep their election promises or not. TIA!

BTW... should I post this question on another place of this forum? ???
I strongly believe that the pre-landing credit will make its way back to the Cit. application process during this Gov's time in office. They made a campaign promise, the IRCC Minister has got a note to that in his mandate, so it's likely that we'll see this amendment billed by 2017.

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
gavin_cic said:
Thx for your sharing and time.
What I meant is all about the promise "We will give international students and temporary residents credit for time already spent in Canada" as stated on liberal's website (https://www.liberal.ca/realchange/international-students-and-temporary-residents/).
I really hope the liberal keeps this promise....
Ah. I see. Well, they may do that, but it will take some time to be enacted. They will have to pass a law and then once it is passed it will have an effective date etc. I hope it does go through for those who it would help. :)

babake

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally Guys I officially have the maple leaf flag ;D

Its been a long journey from the time I sent my application.....The first in July 2014, then they were sent back for missing docs, sent them back in August 2014 then CPO sent me notification that they needed renewed passports for my family before they can continue with the process of my PR....send the passports for renewal to my country via the embassy which for some reasons took eight months instead of standard three months. Finally the passports came send them to CPO only then I was send to do Meds......then waited and waited until finally....

Today I got my CoPR and immediately took the 20 minutes drive to the border and did the validation of our CoPR. Excellent experience took as like 25 minutes while they completed the paper work and eventually gave us the symbolic maple leaf flag as being officially Canadian permanent residents. .....guys it has not been easy to keep renewing my work permit......Now I can sit back and relax!!! ;D

Thank you guys in this forum.....I have learnt a lot from this site.....I might have not been a frequent contributor but I have been following the post almost everyday and therefore thank you all for the comradeship we've found in the forum....But the effort still continues as we join hands to make sure that the new government work on their campaign promise of reintroduction of credit of time spend in Canada towards application of citizenship....Thank You.

For the guys still waiting hold on....this is a journey where patient is a virtue and for us who have finally landed the prize....GO LIVE YOUR CANADIAN DREAMS! :-*

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
babake said:

Its been a long journey from the time I sent my application.....The first in July 2014, then they were sent back for missing docs, sent them back in August 2014 then CPO sent me notification that they needed renewed passports for my family before they can continue with the process of my PR....send the passports for renewal to my country via the embassy which for some reasons took eight months instead of standard three months. Finally the passports came send them to CPO only then I was send to do Meds......then waited and waited until finally....

Today I got my CoPR and immediately took the 20 minutes drive to the border and did the validation of our CoPR. Excellent experience took as like 25 minutes while they completed the paper work and eventually gave us the symbolic maple leaf flag as being officially Canadian permanent residents. .....guys it has not been easy to keep renewing my work permit......Now I can sit back and relax!!! ;D

Thank you guys in this forum.....I have learnt a lot from this site.....I might have not been a frequent contributor but I have been following the post almost everyday and therefore thank you all for the comradeship we've found in the forum....But the effort still continues as we join hands to make sure that the new government work on their campaign promise of reintroduction of credit of time spend in Canada towards application of citizenship....Thank You.

For the guys still waiting hold on....this is a journey where patient is a virtue and for us who have finally landed the prize....GO LIVE YOUR CANADIAN DREAMS! :-*
Congrats babake! I understand your feelings since I had the same long waiting experience. But finally it's over! Best of luck ;)

0222andy

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-03-2016
Med's Request
24-06-2016
babake said:

Grin Congratulations

Carpediem

Star Member
Jun 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
Nomination.....
CC Charged: 15th Jan 2015, PER: 12th Feb 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 1st Aug 2015
Med's Request
30th Jul 2015
Med's Done....
19th Aug 2015: Medicals Received in Ecas 17th Oct 2015
Passport Req..
1st Dec 2015 Decision Made: 3rd Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1st Dec 2015 Passport Received: 22nd Dec 2015
LANDED..........
25th July 2016
Thank you for your help. Much appreciated. So, just so I'm clear on the rules, if we plan to apply for citizenship in 2022, we should have spent at least 183 days in each of the 4 preceding calendar years (2018-2022), AND fulfill the 1460 days of residence (from 2016-2022). In this case the 4-5 months spent in summer 2016/2017 could also count towards the residence condition of total 1460 days in 6 years. Sorry for the repetition. Just want to get this timeline absolutely clear, as my wife is doing a PhD and part of her dissertation needs to be completed in Canada, so we're trying to manage timelines before her deadlines expires.

Thanks again

snayak

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
24-02-2015
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Passport Req..
11-01-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Good news. I got my stamped passport and COPR today.

However, in total there are 3 mistakes in the CoRP.

1. Date of last entry: They have made it same as original entry
2. Place of Birth: last letter is missing
3. For Spouse: Height is 136 in stead of 163 cm. I noticed that I had made this mistake in the application form.

Can these be corrected at landing?

Please advice.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Carpediem said:
Thank you for your help. Much appreciated. So, just so I'm clear on the rules, if we plan to apply for citizenship in 2022, we should have spent at least 183 days in each of the 4 preceding calendar years (2018-2022), AND fulfill the 1460 days of residence (from 2016-2022). In this case the 4-5 months spent in summer 2016/2017 could also count towards the residence condition of total 1460 days in 6 years. Sorry for the repetition. Just want to get this timeline absolutely clear, as my wife is doing a PhD and part of her dissertation needs to be completed in Canada, so we're trying to manage timelines before her deadlines expires.

Thanks again
Yes, this is correct!

kwyatt75

Apr 6, 2015
TEXAS
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 24, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2015 (MR, RPRF, & PCC for Spouse)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER - March 22, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent w/Application: L-8.5, R-9.0, W-9.0, S-8.5
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
June 02, 2015
Med's Done....
June 19, 2015; TLU (Medical results have been received): July 20, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Required as I was a US Citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Issued Jan 07, 2016 - Arrived in Mail Jan 21, 2016
LANDED..........
June 19, 2016 - FINALLY - HURRAY!!!!
Has anyone who has landed used a UPS address for the receipt of their PR Card? By getting a UPS Mailbox, you get a real street address, not a PO Box number.

gavin_cic

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Nov, 2014
Doc's Request.
28 May, 2015
Nomination.....
PER on 10 Feb, 2015
Med's Request
28 May, 2015
Med's Done....
15 June, 2015 (TLU: 30 June, 2015)
Passport Req..
11 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
1 Feb, 2016
Received the CoPR letter this morning. Thanks for everyone in this forum who helped me a lot before!

The letter does not list some documents, e.g. funding and residence proof, that I may need to bring for landing.
Is this reasonable? Should I check CIC's website for all possible required documents and bring them when landing?
Thanks for your suggestions in advance!

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kwyatt75 said:
Has anyone who has landed used a UPS address for the receipt of their PR Card? By getting a UPS Mailbox, you get a real street address, not a PO Box number.
Someone did and it turned out ok for that person.

snayak

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2014
Nomination.....
24-02-2015
Med's Request
10-08-2015
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Passport Req..
11-01-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
snayak said:
Good news. I got my stamped passport and COPR today.

However, in total there are 3 mistakes in the CoRP.

1. Date of last entry: They have made it same as original entry
2. Place of Birth: last letter is missing
3. For Spouse: Height is 136 in stead of 163 cm. I noticed that I had made this mistake in the application form.

Can these be corrected at landing?

Please advice.
Please advice.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gavin_cic said:
Received the CoPR letter this morning. Thanks for everyone in this forum who helped me a lot before!

The letter does not list some documents, e.g. funding and residence proof, that I may need to bring for landing.
Is this reasonable? Should I check CIC's website for all possible required documents and bring them when landing?
Thanks for your suggestions in advance!
Congrats dear. Some BSOs ask for POF (mine did).
What you need to complete landing is:
1) COPR
2) PP with IM-1 visa
3) Proof of address (driver license)
4) Proof of funds

Also, complete B4 form if you want to import something to Canada, including follow-up goods.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snayak said:
Please advice.
You have two options:

1) Request CPC-O to amend COPR prior to landing. Can take months.
2) Make an appointment at local CIC office. They may chose not to amend your COPR at site. Can take several weeks.
3) Complete landing at the border and request OSC-O to amend COPR. Will take 6 months, but you'll be enjoying all PR benefits and working towards your residence obligation.